Well, doesn't that just beat all!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

So I'm playing Paperboy on XBLA and I'm trying to go an entire week on Easy Street (much harder than I thought it would be).  I'm currently on Saturday just a few house before the training course, and I'm on my last life.  I see my score and I'm at 44,993, when out of nowhere comes a stupid R/C car!  #%!& indeed.  7 points shy of an extra life.

So what moments of gaming were you robbed of?

vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
My robbed moment in gaming came when I was playing Halo 2 multiplayer (this was back when I still had an Xbox). I was up to 4 kills in a row with the Energy Sword, and just about to kill another guy when I got sniped. 1 kill short of a Killing Spree. :(
T-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 T-Prime
Member since 2003 • 995 Posts
Donkey Kong Country, down to no extra lives but I had 99 bananas. I attempted to jump over a bee to grab the one above it but it hit me before I got it, game over.
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
I'd have to say Guitar Hero 2. I've only had it for a short while so I'm barely getting 100s on hard and I was about to get a 100% on Sweet Child O' Mine when all of the sudden, on the very last 2 notes in the song, (G and Y) I messed up from all of the excitement. It's been a few days since that magical moment and I still keep getting ~95%.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
Battlefield 2 MC on the 360...online...I barely had my first online-medal,but the this '**'**# snipers....
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts

On battlefield: MC back in my nooby days i finally got a 9 killstreak with my faf kit the engineer (hardest kit in the game because the shotty is just horrible at range.) So using the standard hand gun + rocket for ranged firing and the shotty for invading building some spec ops flees from me around a corner where he droped a C4 with my name for it, as soon as i heard that bleep i knew i was a goner

Even 2 of those 9 kills where from the blowtorch haha.

Zagrius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Zagrius
Member since 2002 • 3820 Posts

In my dorm room I don't have a TV screen, and so to play on my Gamecube I have to use this really small GC-specific screen. Mostly it's okay, but when playing Ikaruga it's very difficult because everything is so small-looking and so it's a little difficult to make precise movements.

Anyway, in the class-room where I go to there's a projector, and at times I'd connect my GC to it between classes to play a bit for fun with a big screen. So while playing Ikaruga at one point I manage to reach the final boss without dying more than once (might have even been no-miss until then) the other students come back from getting their lunches. Now, when playing there I have to turn off the lights so that I can see what's going on. So one of those that enter suddenly pipes up, saying that he can't eat without the lights turned on, so he turns them on. So I can't see about half the shots coming at me because of the lighting. So I ask him if it would be possible to keep the lights out for about 5 minutes while I finish the game, and if he really needs the light to eat. Of course, he says that indeed he must have the light.

Cue the worst performance against that boss since my 2nd encounter with it. That was very annoying, because now I'm wondering if I could have finished it without using a continue if it hadn't been for that person.

The worst part? The class is about game-design, and he's quite the avid gamer himself.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Games like Kolibri and Landstalker, where I couldn't get to the end at all. Literally. There was no concievable way I could get to the end.