We need more brawlers/beat 'em ups

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PrototypeTheKid (441 posts) -
Tired of this button mashing tournament games like SF v TK or MV vs Capcom, what ever happen to games like the Bouncer, The Warriors, River City Ransom etc. ? All this crap is boring, I wanna bash a dudes head in for no reason, not fight someone until the 99 seconds are up.
#2 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -
Uh, you're trolling, right? I really hope you are.
#3 Posted by Scorpion1813 (5306 posts) -

Play MK and turn the round timer off (I always turn it off). Then you can do more than bash someones head in.

I think the fighting genre is in need of more western fighting games. MK is the only one still around.

#4 Posted by OneSanitarium (6917 posts) -

Skullgirls just came out and is probably the best fighter the west has been able to offer.

#5 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
I'll all for brawlers like The Bouncer and Yakuza. But I still prefer my 2D fighters I play on the PC and PS2.
#6 Posted by Chiaotzu1 (11 posts) -
It's arguably a bit of a stretch but WWE Brawl seems to have shades of this. Or at least it sounds like it does by the title.
#7 Posted by kraychik (2433 posts) -
It's arguably a bit of a stretch but WWE Brawl seems to have shades of this. Or at least it sounds like it does by the title.Chiaotzu1
There was this fun game called WCW vs. NWO which as out for the N64, good memories.
#8 Posted by dragonps (1667 posts) -
No one mention Double Dragon Neon....
#9 Posted by Karnage_Kasady (23 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chiaotzu1"]It's arguably a bit of a stretch but WWE Brawl seems to have shades of this. Or at least it sounds like it does by the title.kraychik
There was this fun game called WCW vs. NWO which as out for the N64, good memories.

yea man, classic right there
#10 Posted by majadamus (10249 posts) -
I want more Streets of Rage 4 with more of its great house music pumping in the background.
#11 Posted by nini200 (9823 posts) -
Sengoku 4 needs to come out. After playing Sengoku 3, no other beat em up comes close. Come on Noise Factory
#12 Posted by thebest31406 (3420 posts) -
Sengoku 4 needs to come out. After playing Sengoku 3, no other beat em up comes close. Come on Noise Factorynini200
I thought the fighting was pretty decent but the severe lack of enemy diversity turned me off real quick.
#13 Posted by MVCFreak (184 posts) -

Final Fight and Streets of Rage Needs a New Game