Watch Dogs the fastest selling game for Ubisoft ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

That does surprise me to be honest

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

Congrats to them. I can't wait to pick up my copy this weekend.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Damn this game is selling fast. I'm glad I pre-ordered. I'm loving this game so far.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Too bad it is boring as **** and not worth buying. You can tell this game was very well-advertised. Even the COD and Madden bros are buying it. I personally think it is a very dull, and "meh" game in pretty much every category.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mastermetal777

@Shmiity: To each their own. Although I think you'd have to be pretty jaded with open world games to find EVERYTHING to be meh in Watch Dogs.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@mastermetal777 said:

Damn this game is selling fast. I'm glad I pre-ordered. I'm loving this game so far.

Loving the game aswell, i am just screwing around doing side missions :P

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

@mastermetal777: I am jaded as ****. I just want everything to be Dark Souls.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

congratulations to ubisoft and a big fuckin f*u*c*k you to all of those haters rating the game with zero on metacritic

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#9  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Shmiity said:

Oh, if only...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@sabretooth2066 said:

congratulations to ubisoft and a big fuckin f*u*c*k you to all of those haters rating the game with zero on metacritic

I am laughing at them, even those on steam are hilarious. Sucks that a few people are having problems on pc, but still

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: This will probably be the biggest game of the year. Anybody complaining about this game is just a spoiled brat in my opinion. This game blows away GTA. I haven't really seen a game as interesting as Watchdogs.

Avatar image for gabrielleemaria
GabrielleeMaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GabrielleeMaria
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@RimacBugatti: I think saints row was quite intuitive for its time bringing many nice aspects to the gameplay however i still think that GTA:4 because of Rockstars experience in that field of the games market and the advantage of releasing later (when games development has become more advance) will prove to be the deciding factor displaying its superiority'

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Everybody on my friends list is playing the same game (watch dogs) and I rarely see that.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Shmiity said:

Thankfully, that's not the case. :)

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Congrats to Ubi! love those guys, love their games. But for some reason I can never get Uplay to work properly for me! regardless, loving the shit outta DOGS!

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@Shmiity said:

Oh Ive been there...I was there about a month ago!

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Seems like all that marketing paid off. Literally.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride: This will probably be the biggest game of the year. Anybody complaining about this game is just a spoiled brat in my opinion. This game blows away GTA. I haven't really seen a game as interesting as Watchdogs.

Sorry but Watch Dogs doesn't blow away anything remotely GTA, not GTA SA, GTA VC, GTA III or GTA IV and V.

Its a decent game but there are so many physics, background elements, bugs, glitches and other errors that its amazing that this is actually 6months delayed, they should have delayed it at least another year to work on all those things.

But if you play it as a AC in modern day game and not as a GTA openworld do as i want game, its as i said a pretty decent game.

MiguelNoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MiguelNoche
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

The gameplay seems similar to GTA. Not the biggest fan of the series. Am I wrong? I hope I am.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mastermetal777

@MiguelNoche: it's actually pretty different. You can't do parkour in GTA, and the hacking instantly makes it unique by comparison. The driving also has a few differences.

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gannon27
Member since 2014 • 103 Posts

I have heard that the pc version has problems but I have played about 5 or 6 hours now on the XB1 and have not come across one bug or glitch. It's running as smooth as a babies bottom. Brilliant game, kudos to Ubi.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@gannon27 said:

I have heard that the pc version has problems but I have played about 5 or 6 hours now on the XB1 and have not come across one bug or glitch. It's running as smooth as a babies bottom. Brilliant game, kudos to Ubi.

it's having problems with Uplay on PC

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Don't they include preorders in those figures..... 7 million People did not all go to the store and drop $60, on a New IP no less, in 24 hours..... atleast half of that must have been weeks upon weeks of accumilated preorder sales. Its just a theory but I its worth considering isn't it ?

How many people really purchased it in 24 hours ?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Don't they include preorders in those figures..... 7 million People did not all go to the store and drop $60, on a New IP no less, in 24 hours..... atleast half of that must have been weeks upon weeks of accumilated preorder sales. Its just a theory but I its worth considering isn't it ?

How many people really purchased it in 24 hours ?

it's actually sold mate, it's not a sale if they haven't sold it. A pre-order is just a reservation

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Yes I'm a spoilt brat who notices that the car mechanic's are rubbish, the AI is pretty bad for even last gen, and the world in daylight is absolutely shocking, the only thing is blows away at is the hacking because it hasn't been done before and it has a ton of mini games, but it ain't much of a polished game, the car models are of ps2 quality, GTA5 has better visuals and even better AI, I mean it's a joke that within the first 5minutes of getting away from the polish by hiding in a car park 2 police cars checking the area 1: don't even realize that the car their light is pointing at in the car park is smashed to bits due to the bad driving mechanics and that the car is the one they was just chasing a minute ago, and both cars went passed around 3 times and every time they bumped into another AI car, yes because even the AI doesn't know how a road works.

I'm not spoilt I just notice when a game is bad at it's fundamentals, yes the mini games and the hacking is good but the fundamentals for the game are so awful.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Not surprised. Although I just watched the quick look over at Giant Bomb and it honestly looked a little bit disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I guess this means a sequel is in order. I do HOPE they stick to chicago....it is strange, because I live in chicago, and the driving was confusing me as the city has spots that are spot on but then not.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@The_Last_Ride

In my country they don't reserve anything unless you fork over the cash.......

You also can't pre-order music and movies, they come to radios and theatres 1st.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mastermetal777 said:

"Screwing around" in this game is much better than in GTA series!

+

It's decent and deserves high sales ...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mjorh

@Heirren said:

I guess this means a sequel is in order. I do HOPE they stick to chicago....it is strange, because I live in chicago, and the driving was confusing me as the city has spots that are spot on but then not.

When i'm playing it i always wonder "Does Chicago has this much cameras?" :D!

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@mjorh said:

@Heirren said:

Lol....yes, it does. It is ridiculous. They're putting up cams at most stop lights. It is the most corrupt modern city in the world. It is why I question Barrack Obama--here we had a man in extreme power in this area; he was either involved in what goes on, or completely oblivious. The former would make him intelligent, while the latter would make him a moron. Anybody that positions himself to be president has some level of intelligence, imo. Nobody has to comment on that I don't want this to be a political hijack.

...Watchdogs will probably make me buy GTA5 if it ever comes to ps4. Is GTA really that much better? If it is then the worst part of watchdogs is that gta prolly wont follow the chicago theme. Ubi did an OK job on the city. I think Rockstar would have went the extra mile.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@mjorh said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mastermetal777 said:

"Screwing around" in this game is much better than in GTA series!

+

It's decent and deserves high sales ...

at least in singleplayer, i haven't tried multiplayer a lot. I've only killed those invaded my game, i managed to do that every time so far :P

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

With a marketing campaign that large why wouldn't it? People were touting it as the second coming after the initial showing at E3 a couple years ago.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Last_Ride

@Minishdriveby said:

With a marketing campaign that large why wouldn't it? People were touting it as the second coming after the initial showing at E3 a couple years ago.

To be honest, i was not impressed two years ago. I did not believe in that game at all. But after last years E3, i totally jumped on board.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I wish a game site that has balls would post an a story comparing the final release to the game that was glamorized at the electronic shows the past couple years.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Qixote said:

I wish a game site that has balls would post an a story comparing the final release to the game that was glamorized at the electronic shows the past couple years.

Not trying to excuse them, but the gameplay from two years ago was pretty much a guess on how the game might look. It was just a slice of the game made two years ago. The graphics is the only thing that's not comparable. Everything else in the trailer is possible

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Qixote said:

And what would that accomplish?

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

Will watch dogs replace Gta 5 ?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RimacBugatti

@gabrielleemaria: Yeah I actually didn't get a chance to play Saints Row yet.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RimacBugatti

@Jacanuk: That's disappointing as I haven't picked it up yet but had seen some video footage and was very impressed. I guess we just aren't there yet as far as perfecting game development. With that being said I really hope that they don't screw up The Order 1886 being that as far as I know that's the next biigest launch other than Uncharted but haven't heard anything on that game yet.

Avatar image for thereturnoftheg
theReturnoftheG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 theReturnoftheG
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

Honest question: why should I care?

Cuz if a game is successful it might get sequels

Knowing Ubisoft though even if the game is the greatest piece of artistic example in the history of anything, I'd prefer if they didn't make a sequel for a long time or else i'll just roll my eyes in annoyance when they announce Watch Dogs 7: Watching Warfare

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

I don't know about that. I think Destiny might surpass this game as the biggest seller of the year. I'm just hoping that Destiny lives up to the hype.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mjorh

@Heirren said:

@mjorh said:

@Heirren said:

Lol....yes, it does. It is ridiculous. They're putting up cams at most stop lights. It is the most corrupt modern city in the world. It is why I question Barrack Obama--here we had a man in extreme power in this area; he was either involved in what goes on, or completely oblivious. The former would make him intelligent, while the latter would make him a moron. Anybody that positions himself to be president has some level of intelligence, imo. Nobody has to comment on that I don't want this to be a political hijack.

...Watchdogs will probably make me buy GTA5 if it ever comes to ps4. Is GTA really that much better? If it is then the worst part of watchdogs is that gta prolly wont follow the chicago theme. Ubi did an OK job on the city. I think Rockstar would have went the extra mile.

:D , i see , how about steam pipes? :D...let's make it general , how much it actually looks like the real Chicago ?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RimacBugatti

@jasean79: I forgot about that game but yeah it looks as though it will be great. But I haven't heard much so that concerns me. There is another game which looked to be interesting called Shadow of the Beast. Not sure about it as I only saw a short video but it looked good from what I could tell.

GrimRiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GrimRiver
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I had a feeling it would sell a good amount!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@jasean79 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

I don't know about that. I think Destiny might surpass this game as the biggest seller of the year. I'm just hoping that Destiny lives up to the hype.

There is still COD, Battlefield and the Assassin's Creed games aswell