JamesJoule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JamesJoule
Member since 2012 • 398 Posts

it seems there're no reviews out yet and i really wanna get it .. so is it good and worth getting ?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@JamesJoule: Yes.

Also, there are several reviews. Try google.

-Byshop

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

@JamesJoule: You ought to buy it. It's great.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

You can check the reviews on Steam.

Doesn't sound that good to me, from what I've heard.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@JamesJoule: I never played the game myself, so I can't say. But here's some reviews:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/09/19/wasteland-2-review/

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/wasteland-2-review/

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Seems no one from GameSpot has review the game yet, but I bet it will come soon.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Seems like a fantastic RPG if you´re into them,probably a bit too complicated for any casual players of the genre.

gotbaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gotbaka2
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

If you like fallout or xcom youll probably like it. 'Tis the bomb-diggitty!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58836 Posts

You can role-play to the max.

Older games had this as well, custom cards and the ability to give back-story. Pretty cool feature, beats escaping prison over and over and over.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Byshop  Moderator

So far the closest thing I have to a complaint about this game is I would have liked to have seen a few more customization options for your character's appearance.

-Byshop

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

@Byshop: What is the saving like on the game? Is it a single auto save file, save anywhere, or only save at certain save zones?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@Diablo-B: Anywhere, anytime, multiple files. It's a PC game at its heart and checkpoint saves are more of a console convention.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well if you playied the old Fallout games, you might have some sense of how this plays. It has a party though, and less focused on the player and somewhat more on the World, and the odd ways it has evolved.

It has Places where it stumbles, and I am not sure this is out too early, some bugs remain that I Wonder how made it past any kind of QA.

However it feels like an RPG at its core. it feels good. and the consequences of your actions does seem to be fairly far reaching, which sadly make me wish that the first few choices were not delivered so hamfisted.

Overall most of the fun coms from having a good party that you have made, and seeing them grow and surpass the problems thrown at them. It is tactical, it is personal, and it often feels like you are isolated with a World against you. So The personal gains to the player are rather high (around the same as when the scales tipped in X-com and you were nolonger the weaker ones in the conflict.

Overall I would give it a 7 or 8. but I am only some 20 hours in, just reached around the 33% completion mark it seems, so yeah, it will take a while to see if it holds up all the way through.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Byshop  Moderator

@Maddie_Larkin: I like that fact that it doesn't use a central character as the main character of the story. I've been annoyed in the past by games where you are forced to use a single character for social interactions, whereas now you can load each character up with their own personalities and let each person in the party respond at different points in the conversation.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@Byshop:

Indeed, I quite like that, but I am unsure if all people fee lthe same way (alot of people really want one avatar to project themselves in, that grows to be aweinspireingly powerful. This ain't that kind of game. I also really want to underline just how awesome it feels to have a well thought out Group ^^

I mean, so far my 4 centre characters have a 2 weapon skills split with 2 abilitie skills each, and you really come to care and make sure they do not die, since each of those skills are vital.

I have a mid range AR wielding pointman with a second focus in energy weapons, aswell as lockpicking and safecracking. He is intended as a fast and effective pointman. I have a Sniper, who uses SMGs as backup, a high spot (kind offits a sniper :P) and computer use. (he is fairly intelligent, although the two skills hsould have been swapped between the two first characters) I have a Heavy weapons guy, that uses shotguns as backup, he is also adept at toaster repair and normal repair, lastly I have the socialite of the Group, who doubles as a field medic, sadly she only has spare points for handgun.

I assume that if you make a party that does not compliment each others skills, then it will become a pain around 40% through the game, but man it feels good to become better, and more effecient :D

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Yes, I'm enjoying the game a lot. The game is pretty much a Fallout 2 with improved combat set on Wasteland's universe.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@Maddie_Larkin: I'm an old school D&D player so the idea of a party of main characters appeals to me no less than a single character. One thing that has bugged me about some CRPGs (including some of the D&D ones) is that points spent on social abilities are completely wasted on anyone but the main character. I've created one primary medically trained character, another who's proficient in melee weapons (nice to not always have to rely on ammo), and two ranged fighters with various survival skills.

-Byshop

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

@JamesJoule said:

it seems there're no reviews out yet and i really wanna get it .. so is it good and worth getting ?

Several reviews here.. check out,

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wasteland-2

CaptainNimoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 CaptainNimoy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

For sure, take it.

After so many years of waiting for a sequel of Wasteland, its a real gust of fresh air ;)

A nicely done game, that will give u a lot of hours of sleepless gameplay.