Was this deal too good to be true?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Acez626
Member since 2006 • 690 Posts

I just purchased a Xbox one factory sealed for $250 and the seller also put a note on how if I leave a feedback ill get one of the games listed below for free

I checked everything out before purchasing it and it seemed legit...

Anyone have any opinions on it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181301855192?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2  Edited By iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

It could be. After all, if he's new good seller feedback gives potential customers a lot of trust in them

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah, this looks fishy as hell. It's a person with a new account selling it, and the feedback doesn't prove that anyone has actually received it yet (they left feedback upon buying it, probably to get the "free" game) Plus the person has terrible spelling and grammar, and there's no reason shipping and handling should take that long.

Overall, this just doesn't look right. It's most likely a scam, though there's the possibility this guy is selling stolen products. Even then, it makes absolutely no sense to sell it for that low of a price. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it. I guess you could try asking the guy for proof he has the products, like a picture of them with a paper of his eBay name next to it. At worst, if you do decide to buy it (the auction has ended, but I'm sure he'll put another up) you can easily get your money back, though it would be a long wait since the seller is saying it's going to take up to 3 weeks to ship, which doesn't leave a whole lot of room to file a claim.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoNin360

I didn't realize you already bought it. Yeah, again, I'm fairly sure it's a scam. And again, since the buy is claiming it may take up to 3 weeks for you to receive it, you may not be able to file a claim (which I believe you have about a month to do) until almost the last minute. You'll get your money back, but it's going to be a pain in the ass.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Sounds fishy as hell.

Good luck actually getting the xbox or your money back

Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Acez626

@SoNin360 said:

I didn't realize you already bought it. Yeah, again, I'm fairly sure it's a scam. And again, since the buy is claiming it may take up to 3 weeks for you to receive it, you may not be able to file a claim (which I believe you have about a month to do) until almost the last minute. You'll get your money back, but it's going to be a pain in the ass.

really?

I thought I would have the 3 weeks once the product is shipped.

Why would you recommend me doing? as of right now I have purchased the item.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

Second glance, 4-5 days to handle it and up to 17 days to ship it!? I'm not used to eBay as I use Amazon but try cancel the order if you can

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SoNin360

@Acez626: I think the only thing you can do is wait. See if the seller provides a tracking number within the next 5 days, which is how long they said it would take them to ship it for some reason. If it's not at least marked as shipped by then, try communicating with the seller and ask if they've sent it.

Of course, none of this might not even be worth your time. Just wait the three weeks and be sure to file a claim, especially if the seller doesn't communicate. But my guess is that they'll try to convince you that it's taking longer than usual. So you should really look into how long you have to report it. Once you go through that process, you should have your money back fairly quickly, but the whole ordeal is a waste of time.

If you're lucky, the seller will be reported and found out and you won't have to do anything. I think this is what happened when I was scammed on eBay once, though that was a while back.

Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Acez626

@SoNin360 said:

@Acez626: I think the only thing you can do is wait. See if the seller provides a tracking number within the next 5 days, which is how long they said it would take them to ship it for some reason. If it's not at least marked as shipped by then, try communicating with the seller and ask if they've sent it.

Of course, none of this might not even be worth your time. Just wait the three weeks and be sure to file a claim, especially if the seller doesn't communicate. But my guess is that they'll try to convince you that it's taking longer than usual. So you should really look into how long you have to report it. Once you go through that process, you should have your money back fairly quickly, but the whole ordeal is a waste of time.

If you're lucky, the seller will be reported and found out and you won't have to do anything. I think this is what happened when I was scammed on eBay once, though that was a while back.

I called Ebay and they told me they will start investigating the item and the seller.

Also when I asked why he/she was selling it for so cheap, the response was

"to tell you the truth I won 15 new xbox ones at a factory auction"

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SoNin360

Well, good luck getting it sorted out. eBay should take care of the situation if it turns turn out this whole thing is fraudulent. On the off chance that this is legit, then this person is idiot for selling them at such a low price.

Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Acez626

@SoNin360 said:

Well, good luck getting it sorted out. eBay should take care of the situation if it turns turn out this whole thing is fraudulent. On the off chance that this is legit, then this person is idiot for selling them at such a low price.

Just confirmed it with ebay.

The account was a fake...

Guess when things are too good to be true...they usually arent true =/

CoquiNegro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CoquiNegro
Member since 2013 • 171 Posts

@Acez626 said:

@SoNin360 said:

Don't fall for it again. You don't want to commit a mistake that might be a pain in the ass. If things are too good to be true, the usually are.

Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Acez626

@CoquiNegro said:

@Acez626 said:

@SoNin360 said:

Don't fall for it again. You don't want to commit a mistake that might be a pain in the ass. If things are too good to be true, the usually are.

Yup...lesson learned