Was this a Mario game on MS-DOS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

First of all, I might be making myself look stupid with that title. I know Mario is a Nintendo-exclusive franchise, but I'm searching for a game my older siblings used to play when I was a child; it was on MS-DOS and either had Mario as the main character or someone extremely similar-looking to him.

Two things I remember clearly about this game was that unlike other Mario games, there weren't tiles and pipes and that sort of stuff, and second, Mario could 'scare' his enemies by pulling a face at them, much like Simba could do in The Lion King for the Sega Genesis.

I'm sorry if I'm being annoying and making myself look stupid with this question, but was there ever such a Mario game on DOS? It could have been an official game or a fan-made one, I don't know. If someone does know of this game though, it'd be great if they could tell.

#2 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

First of all, I might be making myself look stupid with that title. I know Mario is a Nintendo-exclusive franchise, but I'm searching for a game my older siblings used to play when I was a child; it was on MS-DOS and either had Mario as the main character or someone extremely similar-looking to him.

Two things I remember clearly about this game was that unlike other Mario games, there weren't tiles and pipes and that sort of stuff, and second, Mario could 'scare' his enemies by pulling a face at them, much like Simba could do in The Lion King for the Sega Genesis.

I'm sorry if I'm being annoying and making myself look stupid with this question, but was there ever such a Mario game on DOS? It could have been an official game or a fan-made one, I don't know. If someone does know of this game though, it'd be great if they could tell.

Spinnerweb
Mario Teaches Typing 2.
#3 Posted by DeafNYCPlayer (2307 posts) -
I remembered that I played Mario Bros. at Atari 130XE and Commodore 64. I didn't remember about MS DOS's Mario Bros. I am not sure about Atarisoft or Ocean published Mario Bros. for PC or PC Jr.