want sequels have disappointed you or left you questioning?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#1 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

I was talking with my friends and the topic was sequels that was disappointing or letdowns. And I was just curious to what others thought on this topic. there is been a few games that has left me questioning about the direction of the franchise or just be honest was not good games.

such as

grand theft auto 4 ( I just be honest that this game really suck in my opinion)

uncharted 3 ( I just cannot get into this game. After I got into chapter 5 I just got so bored)

Lords of shadow 2 (I be honest it was a okay game. But it was not as good as the first one when it comes to story and game-play)

the last of God of war game ( did not feel like God of war. It was a very unnecessary game)

Dark Souls 2 ( this is probably my latest disappointment. It's a decent game but it's no place near as good as the first one.)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Most of the games that went multiplatform and few others .

Crysis 2 and 3 (From Open level game to Linear corridor shooter)

Thief Reboot (Dumbed down press A to win game)

Mass Effect 3 (That ending)

Deus Ex invisible wars (Primarily a console game unlike original)

Diablo 3 (Dumbed down for controller)

FEAR 2 and 3 (Original game was benchmark PC game , with clever AI and fast paced but tactical gameplay . 2nd and 3rd are dumbed down games)

Far Cry 2 (Boring as hell)

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Theres only a few that come to mind, but most of which like Halo reach and Amazing spiderman 2, weren't necessarily "disappointing" per say, more just questionable in some decisions.......

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Hmm...disappointing sequels. These come to mind.

BioShock 2 - it was just a retread of the first game with only a few gameplay tweaks and nothing more. The story was forgettable, and the environments just didn't do anything for me.

Uncharted 3 - while I still highly enjoy playing this game, it was essentially the same damn game as Uncharted 2, only with a less entertaining villain.

Jak 2 - I loved the first game, and Jak 2 just did too many things wrong. Poorly designed main city, annoying vehicle controls, and the guns just aren't as fun as people say they are.

Mass Effect 3 - not so much for the ending, but also the looser gameplay and decreased emphasis on character development (apart from already established characters) and strong story moments, which was what sold me on Mass Effect in the first place.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - much better gameplay, but the story just went from followable to convoluted almost immediately.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

its more of a spinoff but i was disappointed with New Vegas.. wasnt as good as FO3 imo

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

ME2 - what is with the downgraded game play. All the good ideals from ME1 was downgraded or removed.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10358 Posts

far cry 2 was probably the biggest disappointment. the hype and expectation were off the charts, especially after crysis had raised the bar for open world games several months earlier, yet it was absolutely dreadful. jamming weapons, eagle eyed enemies spotting you a mile away, every single person you met outside a town chasing you down to the death, malaria and no stealth / prone are just a few of the things i can remember off the top of my head.

strangely it got an almost universally great reception from the gaming press but the user reviews that followed were pretty scathing

@Flubbbs said:

its more of a spinoff but i was disappointed with New Vegas.. wasnt as good as FO3 imo

nv might have been a bit deeper as an rpg and be a bit more classic fallout-y than f3 but story / location wise i didn't find it particularly interesting or gripping. it was good and brought some new stuff to the table but also didn't do some things as well as f3 had. i always find it funny when i see some try-hard obsidian fanboy on these boards say they absolutely hated f3 but loved nv, as though they're *that* dissimilar

CoOpCouple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CoOpCouple
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'd say Shenmue 2, due to the fact that the series needed Shenmue 3, and it didn't happen.

Curiosi1066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Curiosi1066
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

New Vegas and the Darkness 2 really stick out as big letdowns for me got them both on release and neither were terrible but just not up to there predecessors or the hype and in the case of darkness 2 it may well have destroyed hope for another game in the series.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Most of the games that went multiplatform and few others .

Crysis 2 and 3 (From Open level game to Linear corridor shooter)

Thief Reboot (Dumbed down press A to win game)

Mass Effect 3 (That ending)

Deus Ex invisible wars (Primarily a console game unlike original)

Diablo 3 (Dumbed down for controller)

FEAR 2 and 3 (Original game was benchmark PC game , with clever AI and fast paced but tactical gameplay . 2nd and 3rd are dumbed down games)

Far Cry 2 (Boring as hell)

I agree far cry 2 bored me to hell too.