Walking Dead Season 2 to be revealed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Seems like something will be coming this week

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/28/the-walking-dead-the-game-season-2-reveal-coming-this-week

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I've never gotten into Walking Dead, the game, or the Television series. I am fascinated by Wolf Among Us, though. Would love to see TellTale bring over and continue their various series on next gen as well.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/28/the-walking-dead-the-game-season-2-reveal-coming-this-week

Finally some news :) cant wait for the second season

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Been waiting for it aswell

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Ya, its been too long even with Wolf.

Hope they at least hint at a conclusion for Clem

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#7 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Season 1 was my 2012 game of the year, so I'm excited to get my hands on Season 2.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I am sure they will, i will buy Wolf and Season 2 when all of them are out. I can't stand starting something and then having to wait to finish it

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I am sure they will, i will buy Wolf and Season 2 when all of them are out. I can't stand starting something and then having to wait to finish it

Ya, i hope they do because i am almost 90% sure that the 2 guys you saw at the hill was Shane and rick.

But i will get each episode at release, to hard to avoid spoilers and also its great to listen to all the speculations and be apart of that between each episode. Also if you like Walking dead you wont be disappointed with wofl once you get to play that.

Telltale are just epic at transforming existing stories into games.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@dvader654 said:

My sweet Clementine, I hope she is ok.

Is it bad that I almost don't want to see her in the new season out of fear that she'll get hurt again?

Looking forward to the new season regardless.

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

@Randolph said:

I've never gotten into Walking Dead, the game, or the Television series. I am fascinated by Wolf Among Us, though. Would love to see TellTale bring over and continue their various series on next gen as well.

I sit in this boat too. I have no interest in Walking Dead, but Wolf Among Us looks slick. We need more games with cigarettes and neon lights.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@bob_toeback said:

@Randolph said:

I sit in this boat too. I have no interest in Walking Dead, but Wolf Among Us looks slick. We need more games with cigarettes and neon lights.

oh i agree. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is not nearly enough either. But Walking Dead is a really good game when it comes to story and decisions though

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@bob_toeback said:

@Randolph said:

oh i agree. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is not nearly enough either. But Walking Dead is a really good game when it comes to story and decisions though

Yeah I tried the FC: Blood Dragon demo, it's cool. Have you tried Hotline Miami? I love that game dearly. And I should maybe try Walking Dead. Maybe I can get a demo or something

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

@1PMrFister said:

@dvader654 said:

Is it bad that I almost don't want to see her in the new season out of fear that she'll get hurt again?

Yeah, having her around always stressed me out a little. But she was also so necessary for the plot because of all the things she represented that it would simply not have worked without her. I hope she's back.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

The Walking Dead Is an amazing game filed with hard choices and harsh consequences and I'm really looking forward to Season 2. I haven't played the Wolf Among Us yet (waiting for the Vita version).

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@Shame-usBlackley said:

@1PMrFister said:

@dvader654 said:

Yeah, having her around always stressed me out a little. But she was also so necessary for the plot because of all the things she represented that it would simply not have worked without her. I hope she's back.

I wonder how much later it will be. I sometimes wondered what sort of conclusions Clementine was drawing from my behavior (just for her I was often less than practical).

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

@Shame-usBlackley said:

@1PMrFister said:

@dvader654 said:

I wonder how much later it will be. I sometimes wondered what sort of conclusions Clementine was drawing from my behavior (just for her I was often less than practical).

Yep, me too. That's one of the things the game did better than most by subtly reminding the player that his actions are going to not only have consequences, but also an impact on others, and since Clem was such a pure, innocent character the idea of impacting her negatively always made me thing twice about what I was doing.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@bob_toeback said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@bob_toeback said:

@Randolph said:

Yeah I tried the FC: Blood Dragon demo, it's cool. Have you tried Hotline Miami? I love that game dearly. And I should maybe try Walking Dead. Maybe I can get a demo or something

Nah, but i plan maybe getting it today. For some reason europeans don't get it for free now, but North America does

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk

So the trailer is here and it looks like Clem will be a playable if not the main character in the season.

I must admit i am surprised particular when they said Season 2 would be something new and 400 days hinted at a whole new direction but i am not complaining, the choice to at least in ep.1 make her playable is great and now i cant wait until it comes.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Loading Video...

Here is the official trailer

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i do think it would make sense for clementine to be the viewpoint character. (season 1, ep. 5)

with lee gone, it would be a natural approximation of having clementine's morality be the result of that player's lee.

plus the knowledge that clementine was always watching and learning was the biggest motivation to do good in season 1. it will be interesting to see how players' decisions and telltale's writing will change without that judge-type character.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@LoG-Sacrament said:

i do think it would make sense for clementine to be the viewpoint character. (season 1, ep. 5)

with lee gone, it would be a natural approximation of having clementine's morality be the result of that player's lee.

plus the knowledge that clementine was always watching and learning was the biggest motivation to do good in season 1. it will be interesting to see how players' decisions and telltale's writing will change without that judge-type character.

Ya, Clem was the reason why i did the good things in season 1, didn't want to have her turning into a b.... so it looks like the first will come in nov, so only a short time before its time :D

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

I kind of hope there are a few time jumps so we can see Clementine growing up through the episodes.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@LoG-Sacrament said:

Ya, Clem was the reason why i did the good things in season 1, didn't want to have her turning into a b.... so it looks like the first will come in nov, so only a short time before its time :D

Yeah i am really excited to see what they will do with the choices

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25  Edited By chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

@Sparky04 said:

I kind of hope there are a few time jumps so we can see Clementine growing up through the episodes.

Some flash backs would be nice to see how she went from season 1 into season 2. I certainly tried my best not to corrupt Clem but i know there were a few moments where my actions were questionable.

EDIT: WTF? That was the trailer? That wasn't much of anything. They show her face, then they show her run off. I am disappoint >:(

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
Loading Video...

Real sweet trailor thanks.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk

@chicknfeet said:

@Sparky04 said:

Some flash backs would be nice to see how she went from season 1 into season 2. I certainly tried my best not to corrupt Clem but i know there were a few moments where my actions were questionable.

EDIT: WTF? That was the trailer? That wasn't much of anything. They show her face, then they show her run off. I am disappoint >:(

hehe its a telltale trailer :)

But ya flashbacks seem like a good idea even tho the timespan from end of season 5 to episode 1 season 2 is only a few months.

Dont like the idea of time jumps to see Clem grow up and i also dont hope she is the focus of every episode in season 2, i still want to figure out what the zombie happened with the guys from 400days.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:
Loading Video...