Walking Dead Developer to make Game of Thrones game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -
#2 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Sweet, there is plenty in that universe that can be perfect for a TT game.

#3 Edited by Ghost_Face (7672 posts) -

I hope that there is a little more action in a Game of Thrones game than the Walking Dead. I love the Walking Dead games, but they were more about the emotional connection and the choices you make. Would a GoT game translate well if that's what they went for?

#4 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -

I hope that there is a little more action in a Game of Thrones game than the Walking Dead. I love the Walking Dead games, but they were more about the emotional connection and the choices you make. Would a GoT game translate well if that's what they went for?

i am sure they are taking that into consideration. They have done a great job with Fables and Walking Dead

#5 Edited by Ish_basic (3863 posts) -

@Ghost_Face said:

There's really not a whole lot of action in the books. It'll work fine. The only thing I worry about is working within a world setting where you don't control the overall plot. The first Game of Thrones game had an entertaining story, but I'm not sure it's ever going to factor in to the overall plot. Would love to see Telltale do something that had some actual significance. I would be a buyer on day one either way, though.

#6 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -

@Ghost_Face said:

There's really not a whole lot of action in the books. It'll work fine. The only thing I worry about is working within a world setting where you don't control the overall plot. The first Game of Thrones game had an entertaining story, but I'm not sure it's ever going to factor in to the overall plot. Would love to see Telltale do something that had some actual significance. I would be a buyer on day one either way, though.

i see them doing something like Walking Dead, something in that world, but not connected to the rest of the show

#7 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (17997 posts) -

These are the best news I've heard in months! The complex plot of Game of Thrones is a perfect match for Telltale's branching paths storytelling structure. Can't wait to hear more.

#8 Posted by Randolph (10325 posts) -

My nipples just go so hard you could nickname me "pebbles".

#9 Posted by Jacanuk (3470 posts) -
#10 Posted by Ish_basic (3863 posts) -
#11 Edited by Jacanuk (3470 posts) -
#12 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (17997 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@Ish_basic said:

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, just hope they don't fall prey to the same mistakes as the series did, but its a telltale so thank Thor it probably won´t

The only mistake the series made is ending book 5 on a cliff hanger. Damn you, GRRM!

And having the maturity of a 14 year old puberty stricken kid.

If you're referring to the sex, that's the show's fault, the books don't dwell on it nearly as much.

#13 Edited by Jacanuk (3470 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@Ish_basic said:

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, just hope they don't fall prey to the same mistakes as the series did, but its a telltale so thank Thor it probably won´t

The only mistake the series made is ending book 5 on a cliff hanger. Damn you, GRRM!

If you're referring to the sex, that's the show's fault, the books don't dwell on it nearly as much.

Yep, SNL did it best :) HBO have to stop hiring 14year old kids as their manuscript writers.

#14 Edited by Byshop (10926 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Ish_basic said:

@Jacanuk said:

Yep, SNL did it best :) HBO have to stop hiring 14year old kids as their manuscript writers.

That's not what manuscript means...

-Byshop

#15 Edited by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

@Ghost_Face said:

Game of Thrones is all about political intrigue, backstabbing, plotting, family relationships, etc...there's actually very little action there. It's much better material for an adventure game than an action game.

#16 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Wow. As a huge fan of the books (I really enjoy the tv series as well) I'm not sure the Game of Thrones can be translated into a game, but if anyone can do it, Telltale can.

#17 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8236 posts) -

@ CarnageHeart

I believe conventional gaming has conditioned us to believe certain things can't be done, but I'm glad Tell Tale is challenging these conventions

#18 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (17997 posts) -

Wow. As a huge fan of the books (I really enjoy the tv series as well) I'm not sure the Game of Thrones can be translated into a game, but if anyone can do it, Telltale can.

The RPG that came out last year is actually pretty good.

#19 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

The RPG that came out last year is actually pretty good.

i am sure it's possible to do a great game

#20 Posted by XenoLair (4755 posts) -

Good to hear. They can pull off a good story, even if the gameplay is subpar.

#21 Edited by bowchicka07 (1064 posts) -

They should make a game based on A Song of Ice & Fire, not GoT. I would love a different representation of the book as would many fans I think. A chance for it to be not so condensed maybe.

#22 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -
#23 Edited by Flubbbs (2735 posts) -

that would be good.. im really hoping for a Telltale Star Wars series

#24 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

that would be good.. im really hoping for a Telltale Star Wars series

i would love for them doing something from a comic, but Star Wars is probably a good ip to make aswell

#25 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

They should make a game based on A Song of Fire & Ice, not GoT. I would love a different representation of the book as would many fans I think. A chance for it to be not so condensed maybe.

I think they will do the same thing they did with The Walking Dead, craft an original story starring mostly original characters in a familiar world.

#26 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20369 posts) -

it could be good. if they really wanted some freedom in the series, they'd tell their story on esos or set it in a time period at least before robert's rebellion. there's no room for any meaningful political intrigue on westeros right now, especially if i can't be referenced by the books. i suppose they could just change around all the canon and do their own thing, but that would defeat the purpose of getting the license.

#27 Edited by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Something tells me that if TellTale were to make a game based on Breaking Bad, half the people on this board would collectively squeal themselves to death. :P

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -

Something tells me that if TellTale were to make a game based on Breaking Bad, half the people on this board would collectively squeal themselves to death. :P

i don't think that is going to happen anytime soon :P

#29 Posted by airshocker (28040 posts) -

Can't say I'm terribly excited for it even though I love the GoT universe.

Telltate games aren't fun for me. It's like playing from a script.

#30 Edited by Byshop (10926 posts) -

They should make a game based on A Song of Fire & Ice, not GoT. I would love a different representation of the book as would many fans I think. A chance for it to be not so condensed maybe.

Pretty much everything besides the books that is labelled "GoT" is actually based on the "A Song of Fire and Ice" series and not just the first book. GoT is just the catchier title they use for the show and corresponding games. I doubt that Telltale would do something as boring as just make a game based on the first book. If TWD is any indication, it's more likely they'll make a completely seperate story that maybe takes place within the chronology of the books.

-Byshop

#31 Posted by bowchicka07 (1064 posts) -

Whatever they do they should "tread lightly" because this magnificent book and series deserves a good game and I heard the last one was trash.(based on reviews)

#32 Edited by Ish_basic (3863 posts) -

Whatever they do they should "tread lightly" because this magnificent book and series deserves a good game and I heard the last one was trash.(based on reviews)

The story was good, though. Not as good as anything in the books, and I'm not sure if it'll ever show up in the books, but it was entertaining.

#33 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

Hopefully they aren't stretching themselves thin, with this, The Walking Dead: Season 2, and The Wolf Among Us, they have a lot to work on.

But I'm excited to see what they can do with the material.

#34 Posted by Parado_xx (80 posts) -

If anyone can do it, it would be Telltale. However, it doesn't seem like the typical Telltale game focuses on combat and action, but that wouldn't really be a problem if they go in the same directions as the books. I definitely wouldn't mind that, so yup, I'm really looking forward to it!

#35 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6001 posts) -

@bowchicka07: Pretty sure the title of the series is A Song of Ice & Fire.(not fire & ice)

#36 Posted by bowchicka07 (1064 posts) -

@bowchicka07: Pretty sure the title of the series is A Song of Ice & Fire.(not fire & ice)

Well excuse me comment stifler lol. You knew what I was talking about...