Virtual Console Releases for 11/19/07! ( Happy Anniversa-Wii! )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts
WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLAS-SIC GAMES ADDED ON THE WII CONSOLE'S FIRST ANNIVERSARY

Nov. 19, 2007

WiiTM celebrates its first anniversary today, and big stars from past consoles are coming out to help Nintendo celebrate. Luminaries walking the Virtual ConsoleTM red carpet this week include MarioTM and LuigiTM, Sonic The Hedgehog and Zonk. So throw on your best tuxedo or finest gown, and get ready to party with these video game A-listers.

Three new clas-sic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the WiiTM Shop Channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii PointsTM to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Wrecking CrewTM (NES®, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): In the days before Mario and Luigi became sports stars in their downtime between plumbing and saving the Princess, they tried their hands as one-man wrecking crews. With a hammer as their only tool, players take control of the brothers and set out to destroy ladders, rip out pipes, knock down walls and detonate explosive devices. But make sure to plan your path of destruction carefully, as each building is designed as its own clever puzzle-if you're not careful, you can easily trap yourself in a dead end. Adding to the excitement and challenge are fireballs, enemies and an angry foreman roaming the buildings. They're all trying to stop you from moving on to the next stage. With 100 buildings to demolish and the ability to construct your own, it's a wonder Mario and Luigi ever got back to saving the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sonic 3D BlastTM (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): The evil Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik) stumbles upon an alternate dimension where some odd birds called Flickies have the ability to travel anywhere. In order to get help in his search for the Chaos Emeralds, Dr. Eggman transforms the Flickies into robots that will help him track down his coveted gems. Of course, it's up to our favorite blue hedgehog, Sonic, to step in and save the day. Jump into this 3-D adventure as Sonic or his buddy Tails, and collect the golden rings to help free the Flickies and defeat the doctor.

Super Air Zonk (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Mild Cartoon Violence, 800 Wii Points): Zonk is back in Super Air Zonk, the sequel to the shooting game spin-off of the Bonk series, Air "Zonk." Now moving to a rockabilly beat and able to transform into nine different characters, Zonk lets loose through seven action-packed stages in another battle against his arch nemesis, SandroVitch. Power up Zonk with the clas-sic Meat item, eventually turning him into the champion of justice, Ultra Zonk, or the fearsome Tyrano Zonk in the latter stages of the game. After rescuing his friends from enemies, Zonk can also morph with them to combine powers. Fight enemies with killer tunes belted out from a trusty microphone. Hurl freshly made sushi at them. With its variety of wacky attacks, Super Air Zonk has a sense of humor all its own.

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 spidermonkey11
Member since 2007 • 1716 Posts
*looks at list* Back to SMG and Fire Emblem it is then!
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts
Hmm three games I never played. I'd probably grab Sonic 3D Blast and Super Air Zonk though.
Emiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Emiger
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts
It seems like a Zonk game is released each week.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

Wrecking Crew was always a game I wanted to like, but mehh just too limited, even as an early NES game. And Sonic 3-D should probably just dig a hole and hide in it forever. I'm surprised we're seeing that one released.

Super Air Zonk would be worth picking up though.

hempforvictory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hempforvictory
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
Hmm three games I never played. I'd probably grab Sonic 3D Blast and Super Air Zonk though.Archangel3371
Sonic 3D is incredibly slow which is the oppositte of what you want in a sonic game.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Hey, Europe got Double Dribble. Yes, just Double Dribble.
Ravenprose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ravenprose
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

I have Sonic 3D Blast on one of my Sonic Collections, and believe me, it isn't worth any time or money. It's absolutely bad. I honestly think it's the worst Sonic game ever released. It's even worse than that awful 360/PS3 Sonic game.

I may get Super Air Zonk, but I still haven't played the first Air Zonk. Which one is better?

BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#10 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
I dont think I need Sonic 3D Blast again. After all I already have it on the Sonic Mega Collection disc.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

On Sunday night I go to sleep and dream of World Heroes 2, Samurai Showdown, and Super Double Dragon and wake upto...Wrecking Crew and another goddamn Bonk game?

I'd rather burn my money.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

I have Sonic 3D Blast on one of my Sonic Collections, and believe me, it isn't worth any time or money. It's absolutely bad. I honestly think it's the worst Sonic game ever released. It's even worse than that awful 360/PS3 Sonic game.

I may get Super Air Zonk, but I still haven't played the first Air Zonk. Which one is better?

Ravenprose

Are you kidding me? Sonic 3D Blast is one of the better games in the franchise, better then the consistant rehashes in sidescrolling. It would work better with an analog stick though, one of the biggest problems I have is that the D-pad is so terrible for 3D games. Overall it was interesting, and not nearly as bad as Secret Rings, Sonic Adventure 1 and the Sonic games for the 360 and PS3, cause those are terrible.