Virtua Fighter 5 Not fair For Ps3!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HyBridFuRy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 HyBridFuRy
Member since 2003 • 754 Posts
What's with xbox 360 thinkin' their all cool cuz they got Virtua Fighter 5 Online? Why didn't they have the online feature for the Playstation 3?
tboacons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tboacons
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
i think it's about time someone other than sony a port of the great sega arcade fighting sim. i'm sure it won't be long before sony gets online. or maybe sega realized how much greater live is than sony's online.
dgbeard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dgbeard45
Member since 2003 • 989 Posts

What's with xbox 360 thinkin' their all cool cuz they got Virtua Fighter 5 Online? Why didn't they have the online feature for the Playstation 3? HyBridFuRy

I just saw a commercial stating that it is online now.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

I just saw a commercial stating that is online now.

dgbeard45

dude....FLCL is awesome...

superartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 superartan
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts

i think it's about time someone other than sony a port of the great sega arcade fighting sim. i'm sure it won't be long before sony gets online. or maybe sega realized how much greater live is than sony's online.tboacons

I don't mean to start some PSNvsXBL war here, but hows is Live better than PSN when it comes to actually playing games online? I find my self never lagging on PSN when playing with my friends back in England, but on Live I from time to time lag rather badly when playing with them, for example the other day I was playing Halo 3 co-op with a friend of mine, and the lag made it impossible to play, tho to be fair when we rehosted the server it was lagless!

As for why VF5 among some other games don't have online on their PS3 version I would guess it's because Sony lives up everything to the dev/publisher them selves, and they might find that more troubling than it's worth.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
Online won't even be that great. Where PS3-only owners really get the shaft is in the fact that the 360 gets version C.
erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts
It probably has something to do with the extra 8 months of development the Xbox game has gotten.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Online won't even be that great. Where PS3-only owners really get the shaft is in the fact that the 360 gets version C.DarkCatalyst

Any word on what kind of changes will be made in Version C?

Anything substantial?

I'm getting it either way but I wascurious.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Online won't even be that great. Where PS3-only owners really get the shaft is in the fact that the 360 gets version C.Grammaton-Cleric

Any word on what kind of changes will be made in Version C?

Anything substantial?

I'm getting it either way but I wascurious.

I've been really out of the loop until recently, so I'm not sure of anything really specific. However, a lot of people I know were praying for vB to not be the last version, and they seem thrilled with vC, so it must be pretty good stuff.

One thing I'm hearing is that the game just "feels faster", which suggests some frames were shaved off of quite a few moves. I can't get confirmation on that though.

Prodigy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Prodigy_basic
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

i downloaded the demo the other day and i have to admit, the game looks a LOT better than i thought it would...i heard that the training mode is not as fleshed out as it was in vf4:evolution...is this true? i didn't get to spend a lot of time with vf4:evo so i'm pretty much starting over again this time...so how good is the training mode in the console versions?

unfortunately this will be a title that gets pushed back to early next year for me as i'll be playing mostly shooters this holiday season...i didn't want to pick it up and play an hour here, an hour there because this will be something i want to dedicate some serious time to....

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

What's with xbox 360 thinkin' their all cool cuz they got Virtua Fighter 5 Online? Why didn't they have the online feature for the Playstation 3? HyBridFuRy

I stop reading after you said that the Xbox thinks its cool, and who's to say that it won't come out on the PS3 later on? Nobody, so calm down a little bit..

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
It´s because Sony´s PSN wasn´t ready egnough at that time and they had too less time.Even without PSN it´s the most successful PS3-Game as far as I´ve heard.The day the 360 started Sega got a full functional XBL with much support and no time-limit until the release and the 360 is easier to handle after all.The VF5 announcement was in November of last year and after Virtua Tennis 3 got OnlineMode on the 360 you could have seen it coming.I know that some PS3 users are not too happy about it,but you had the choice and you got what was to be expected.
AlwaysSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlwaysSoft
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
Online won't even be that great. Where PS3-only owners really get the shaft is in the fact that the 360 gets version C.DarkCatalyst
Why not? Did you receive some insider-info?
Darth_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Darth_Homer
Member since 2004 • 5779 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Online won't even be that great. Where PS3-only owners really get the shaft is in the fact that the 360 gets version C.AlwaysSoft

While we don't know for sure, if there's lag involved, it'll ruin the game. Sadly, a lot of fighters are hit by this problem...

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
The only limitation could be the fact that Sega itself would not want to do so. The reasoning behind this is that since 360 is not popular in Japan, having a VF5 with online would not affect the VF Arcade scene that thrives in Japan. But since PS3 does outsell 360 in Japan, if Sega made available an online ver of VF5 for PS3 then they could hurt Arcade attendance. Sega owns a ton of arcades over there, so doing so would only hurt their own interest.
AlwaysSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlwaysSoft
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

[QUOTE="AlwaysSoft"][QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Online won't even be that great. Where PS3-only owners really get the shaft is in the fact that the 360 gets version C.Darth_Homer

While we don't know for sure, if there's lag involved, it'll ruin the game. Sadly, a lot of fighters are hit by this problem...

Lag is an issue that every online game has a possibility of dealing with from time to time. If your'e playing with someone that is downloading 3 movies and 10 songs at the same time, then it's likely going to occur in your game with him. However, it hardly "ruins" a game beyond the match you have with that one idiot (whom is likely to suffer worse effects than you are and will lose accordingly).

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
I'm sure the PS3 version will receive a patch that will take it online as well.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#19 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
[QUOTE="dgbeard45"]

I just saw a commercial stating that is online now.

KGB32

dude....FLCL is awesome...

LOL

@TC dude we have tekken online now...The best fighter online aren't you happy with that?

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

One thing I'm hearing is that the game just "feels faster", which suggests some frames were shaved off of quite a few moves. I can't get confirmation on that though.

DarkCatalyst

Funny you should mention that. I was playing the XB360 demo and I noticed it seemed a tad faster but I thought perhaps it was just my imagination.

Regardless, AM2 has always been good about making tweaks so I'm comfortable making the purchase.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

The only limitation could be the fact that Sega itself would not want to do so. The reasoning behind this is that since 360 is not popular in Japan, having a VF5 with online would not affect the VF Arcade scene that thrives in Japan. But since PS3 does outsell 360 in Japan, if Sega made available an online ver of VF5 for PS3 then they could hurt Arcade attendance. Sega owns a ton of arcades over there, so doing so would only hurt their own interest.SciFiCat

I wonder what reasoning led Sega to ship VF5 PS3 with such poor AI (in the quest mode)? Unlike the quest mode of both VF4s, opponents never capitalize on catches. I couldn't care less about online play (I strongly doubt it will work) and I don't know anything about Version C (version B was fine by me) but I will pick up the X360 versionof VF in the near future if it fixes that one flaw. Allowing replays for any type of match would be nice as well.

PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Don't fret guys. Knowing Sega, they'll probably release an updated version of VF5 on the PS3 like they did VF4 on the PS2.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to update the PS3 version via downloadable content or perhaps just release a budget priced updated version similar to VF4: Evolution.

Anyway I tried the demo on the 360 version and it seems quite nice so I'm definately looking forward to picking this game up.

Diobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Diobility
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
Well, I would say PS3 folks have it better, since they get Tekken 6. I never saw the appeal of Virtual Fighter compared to Tekken. Not to say VF is not a good game, but I just like the characters on Tekken a lot better.
Jonas_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jonas_81
Member since 2004 • 6671 Posts
I've had the game on 360 for a week now. The online portion is all right, works better then Tekken: DR pure performance wise. Quite spartan on the online options, but Sega have made a decent system where you can't abuse it for ranking that much (although they of course failed to think of a punishment for people who disconnect). I have a hunch reviewers will move on from complaining about no online to that the online is not as features filled as they would want it to be.
langer25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 langer25
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts
cuz the 360 is better?
langer25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 langer25
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts
cuz the 360 is better?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to update the PS3 version via downloadable content or perhaps just release a budget priced updated version similar to VF4: Evolution.

Anyway I tried the demo on the 360 version and it seems quite nice so I'm definately looking forward to picking this game up.

Archangel3371

Looking back, it seems like the first (and only in the case of VF3) home version of the odd numbered VFs is always lacking (VF1, VF3 and now VF5) so I guess I should have seen this coming.

It kind of sucks that I have to spend money fixing what shouldn't have been broken (VF5 with VF4's AI and replay system doesn't seem like too much to ask) but VF is an amazing series so I'll eventually spend the 100+ bucks a joystick (I normally don't buy them, but I don't think much of the X360's d-pad)and the game will set me back.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to update the PS3 version via downloadable content or perhaps just release a budget priced updated version similar to VF4: Evolution.

Anyway I tried the demo on the 360 version and it seems quite nice so I'm definately looking forward to picking this game up.CarnageHeart

Looking back, it seems like the first (and only in the case of VF3) home version of the odd numbered VFs is always lacking (VF1, VF3 and now VF5) so I guess I should have seen this coming.

It kind of sucks that I have to spend money fixing what shouldn't have been broken (VF5 with VF4's AI and replay system doesn't seem like too much to ask) but VF is an amazing series so I'll eventually spend the 100+ bucks a joystick (I normally don't buy them, but I don't think much of the X360's d-pad)and the game will set me back.

You'll want to get the stick right away, since they go out of production quickly.

That being said, I just got my hands on the VF5 stick, and I have to say it feels a lot more solid than the DOA4 stick from early last year. I won't go so far as to suggest it's a Sanwa, but I will say this is the closest I've seen anyone come to the official Dreamcast stick yet, this one maybe even matching it.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts
I'm picking up my copy today and I'll see how horrendous the online mode can get. If it's anything like SF3:TS, which I bet it will be, I won't be playing it online regularly. Finely my arcade stick can be put to good use. I still suck at SF3:TS with the hori stick.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

It probably has something to do with the extra 8 months of development the Xbox game has gotten.H3LLRaiseR

This can't be right it's too obvious.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

It probably has something to do with the extra 8 months of development the Xbox game has gotten.H3LLRaiseR

Thiscan'tberightit'stooobvious.

IonescoF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 IonescoF
Member since 2007 • 3052 Posts

@TC dude we have tekken online now...The best fighter online aren't you happy with that?gamingqueen

Well, maybe the topic creator doesn't like Tekken Online.

The only limitation could be the fact that Sega itself would not want to do so. The reasoning behind this is that since 360 is not popular in Japan, having a VF5 with online would not affect the VF Arcade scene that thrives in Japan. But since PS3 does outsell 360 in Japan, if Sega made available an online ver of VF5 for PS3 then they could hurt Arcade attendance. Sega owns a ton of arcades over there, so doing so would only hurt their own interest.SciFiCat

Without a doubt, that's smart marketing. I think it will definitely attract a fair share of people who never played VF before... To think more about it though, 360's online platform is still more solid than PlayStation Home...

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#34 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
That's a great point and it could very well be a key factor. There are still a few good arcades in my area of the States', but too few to make a substantial profit from like in Japan.
Jonas_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jonas_81
Member since 2004 • 6671 Posts
I doubt online play would substantially hurt their arcade profits.