Views on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

As a new player, I would like to know a few things.

1. How would you describe the community?
  2. How common is voice chat?
  3. What would you say the story content is included for? Is it meant for the online community as a group or is it more specific to individual journeys?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

From what I've played of it, the community is very friendly and helpful compared to most other online communities. AFAIK there is no voice chat, but I didn't play with friends so maybe there is a party chat system for that, not sure.

There is a story for the single player, but I didn't get too far into it because I grew tired of the game quickly and stopped paying the monthly fees.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

The community varies of course from server to server. If you can get into a good free company, you'll find people will usually be pretty helpful. There are those that have played it till launch so when they want to run dungeons very quickly, they have little patience for newbies. For the most part, the community's pretty good until endgame and then it's hard to really work with people you don't know. The grindfest sucks and really drags the game down. That's why I quit.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i got to max level and end game content and i cant answer any of those questions ><

well ill give it a try

1 - same as most other mmo's - full of douchbags but plenty of people that wont mind bein actually helpful

2 - i never saw it used

3 - have no idea i skipped all the story content after level 5

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Thank you, folks.