Video Game Prices Vs. Food

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hakumen21 (342 posts) -

I don't understand some ppl's logic..

Let's pretend a Legend of Zelda HD Remake Collection is up for an extreme sale,
going for only $5 USD.

"Hmm... should I get it? i'm not sure.. hm... -is a huge Nintendo fan-"

And then there's this,

"This burger looks insane;y delicious!! -buys-"
$10.75 usd

Some of you are going to argue that'food is vital to your health'.

I would say, 'once you buy a video game, it's there forever.' The only way you're going to lose a video game copy is if you end up breaking or losing it yourself.

What's wrong with cooking healthy meals rather than spending literally $70+ weekly on fast food or one-sit meals?

You either eat the food, or let it sit there and expire.
(this thread isnt about eating food btw, dont get this wrong.)

edit: what the fck did i post last night

#2 Posted by Kevlar101 (6005 posts) -
wut dafuq
#3 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Who pays $10.75 for a fast food burger!? For an exorbitant price like that, the damn burger better give me superpowers.

#4 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18193 posts) -

tumblr_lpfdfjeW3M1r13ilao1_400.jpg.

#5 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

This thread doesn't really say much other than you find more value in playing video games than eating.

Discussing value and price of games is always tricky as everyone is in a different situation, with different disposable income, different priorities, etc.

And really insinuating that people can't afford a $5 video game because they spend it on food is ridiculous. If you're at that point with your budget I'd say you have bigger problems in life.

#6 Posted by Apocalypse324 (1486 posts) -

Ive been coming to gamespot for over 5 years. This thread probably has the worst logic Ive heard to defend itself...and Ive been to System Wars

#7 Posted by fend_oblivion (6113 posts) -
Excuse me - I need to go to the bathroom. I just diarrhead in my mouth reading TC's post.
#8 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

I have sat here for five minutes trying to determine what you even mean by all that.

#9 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Eating vs. playing video games has got to be one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen. LOL!

#10 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15887 posts) -

Ive been coming to gamespot for over 5 years. This thread probably has the worst logic Ive heard to defend itself...and Ive been to System Wars

Apocalypse324

I've seen that logic before but only from people who never pay the bills.

#11 Posted by punkpunker (3320 posts) -

food is a need and games is a want. food prices are distinct because you NEED food to survive, i dont see anybody able to survive by playing games all day...

#12 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

This has to be the dumbest thread I've stumbled into in a long time.

#13 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

jun_aka_pekto

I've seen that logic before but only from people who never pay the bills.

Except he's not talking about buying games vs. buying food which is vital to live, he's talking about spending more on food than necessary instead of saving it or spending it on something else such as a new game.

I don't think anyone here has ever said, I think I rather spend my last $60 on a video game so I'm gonna fast and go hungry this week and hope I live to see my next paycheck because my fridge is completely empty, but I just need that game.

Those who don't spend their own money on groceries and have no bills don't count. What 13 year old with a PT job buys groceries or pays for rent? not many I bet, they save it or spend it on clothes, entertainment etc.

#14 Posted by my_name_is_ron (5549 posts) -
I understand your thinking TC. It's also interesting to look at how minimal the price of video games have inflated at a very low rate over the last 20 years compared to other items
#15 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Apocalypse324

And you came back?!! Even with your SANITY? O_O

#16 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18193 posts) -

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

Justforvisit

Judging by his user picture, he hasn't
#17 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

Black_Knight_00

Judging by THAT, a LOT of us around here are pretty insane. Wait...

...do we really need the pics to judge about that?

#18 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2750 posts) -

What's wrong with cooking healthy meals rather than spending literally $70+ weekly on fast food or one-sit meals?

Hakumen21

Ok but to be fair, healthy meals tend to be rather expensive. Fresh food such as vegetables, meat and fish are all rather expensive unless you buy the cheapest meat cuts. And speaking of healthy, the more organic and local the stuff is, the more expensive.

#19 Posted by outworld222 (2367 posts) -

Ya I understand, but you always need to spend money on eating food. It's just the way things are set up.

#20 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18193 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Justforvisit

Yeah, but he has a goblin beating up a baby seal! Come on!
#21 Posted by Archangel3371 (15261 posts) -
Considering that it's their money to spend however they choose I can't help but feel that this thread is entirely pointless.
#22 Posted by Apocalypse324 (1486 posts) -

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Judging by his user picture, he hasn'tBlack_Knight_00

Yeah, but he has a goblin beating up a baby seal! Come on!

I didnt stay long...but even a short time in that forum kills a few brain cells...that baby seal was a jerk by the way

#23 Posted by jsmoke03 (12612 posts) -

i wouldve gone with drinking alcohol vs games....wait nvm, most gs aren't old enough for that

#24 Posted by my_name_is_ron (5549 posts) -

i wouldve gone with drinking alcohol vs games....wait nvm, most gs aren't old enough for that

jsmoke03
That just makes you sound like you come here to hang out with the kids