Unreal Tournament III Reviews, yet another awesome FPS, Boring Pie!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

The title is really an inside joke, for anyone that was present during the fad I started in the Crysis thread, comparing FPSs to pies...Anyway the reviews are, and I think already know that this is a great game.

CVG (8.9)

Gamesradar (9.0)

Eurogamer (8.0)

A.V. Club ( B, or 8.0) (Yeah never heard of them either)

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I was going to post in here and say that I hope they get the PS3 version out soon, but really I've got enough games to play as is.  This will be great in January or whenever they get it done.

Edit:  In the last thread, I heard a lot of people talking about Cherry Pie.  Cherry Pies are gross.  Coconut Cream is way better, anybody who disagrees is a fanboy!
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Coconuts have cream?
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

TBH I can't really be bothered with this game, UT simply isn't my thing, and I still play Halo on a daily basis so my fps multiplayer needs are satisfied. It's still good to see it's getting great reviews.

And I still believe cake is infinitly much better than any pie in existence. Or coconut cream.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
I still have the demo on my PC I'm not all that impressed. UT 2004 was the best of the bunch along with the original. But I think they have taken the game as far as it's going to go,I'm just not that into it anymore. If I see it on the cheap which most assuredly I will I might pick it up.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

I was going to post in here and say that I hope they get the PS3 version out soon, but really I've got enough games to play as is. This will be great in January or whenever they get it done.

Edit: In the last thread, I heard a lot of people talking about Cherry Pie. Cherry Pies are gross. Coconut Cream is way better, anybody who disagrees is a fanboy!rragnaar

Dude, Cherry Pie is the best. If you don't like Cherry Pie, then you don't have good taste in gaming.

Anywho, I'll be waiting for the 360 version of UT3. ~_~

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I was going to post in here and say that I hope they get the PS3 version out soon, but really I've got enough games to play as is. This will be great in January or whenever they get it done.

Edit: In the last thread, I heard a lot of people talking about Cherry Pie. Cherry Pies are gross. Coconut Cream is way better, anybody who disagrees is a fanboy!Dutch_Mix

Dude, Cherry Pie is the best. If you don't like Cherry Pie, then you don't have good taste in gaming.

Ignorant fanboy!  :P  Cocunut cream pie is far superior to cherry.  Not only does it have better graphics, it has better gameplay.
RookWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 RookWolf
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
It's like every other shooter out there, awesome to start but once you've played the same levels over and over again you'll find it lacking.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I was going to post in here and say that I hope they get the PS3 version out soon, but really I've got enough games to play as is. This will be great in January or whenever they get it done.

Edit: In the last thread, I heard a lot of people talking about Cherry Pie. Cherry Pies are gross. Coconut Cream is way better, anybody who disagrees is a fanboy!rragnaar

Ignorant fanboy! :P Cocunut cream pie is far superior to cherry. Not only does it have better graphics, it has better gameplay.

Bu but but what if I don't ....... like Cocunut?

fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts
I definitely want it for PS3 this year. I have plenty of games to play, too, but with the delay of Haze, I figure we could use UT3.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

Edit: In the last thread, I heard a lot of people talking about Cherry Pie. Cherry Pies are gross. Coconut Cream is way better, anybody who disagrees is a fanboy!_Bear

Ignorant fanboy! :P Cocunut cream pie is far superior to cherry. Not only does it have better graphics, it has better gameplay.

Bu but but what if I don't ....... like Cocunut?

Doesn't matter. It just shows that you are horribly biased. Grow up!

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts

Can't say I care for either the PS3 or 360 version of this. Even if and when they get mods and stuff working on them. I'm sure there are still going be quite a few limitations and stuff. Not to mention with smaller ram and stuff like that...I'm still worried on how that will pan out. And this game seems heavily opt too so PC specs aren't too unreasonable.

But at the sametime I'm worry. It looks slow. Watching videos and stuff. UT2k4 was frantically fast. This looks kind of slow. And I loved UT2k4.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I was hoping Unreal Tournament 3 would have a fully fleshed out campaign mode (kind of like Gears) but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
I simply can't stand the UT style of twitch-based gameplay. After playing Crysis it seems so...uncivilized.
bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts

TBH I can't really be bothered with this game, UT simply isn't my thing, and I still play Halo on a daily basis so my fps multiplayer needs are satisfied. It's still good to see it's getting great reviews.

And I still believe cake is infinitly much better than any pie in existence. Or coconut cream.

inoperativeRS

UT is too crazy for me. I get frustrated because I keep getting killed. I have no skills in this game.