Uncharted: Fight for Fortune is out. What were they thinking!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -
#2 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Turn-based card game? What the...

#3 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Got Milk?

#4 Posted by Jehuty08 (1951 posts) -

hasnt it been common knowledge that this was going to be a card game for some time now?

#5 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Sounds better than the actual games.

#6 Posted by slaves (1157 posts) -

hasnt it been common knowledge that this was going to be a card game for some time now?

Jehuty08

Yes it has and its only like $5 so its not suppose to be a AAA title. Just some casual game for on the go

#7 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6535 posts) -

Got Milk?

S0lidSnake
I lol'd Yeah, the game is a dumb idea. But it's only $5, so at least they're not charging any more than that.
#8 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Atleast they aren't acting like it's good

#9 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18330 posts) -
I don't see why so many people like all those card games that are out there.. I find them boring. Much better games to spend my time playing.
#10 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

Michael0134567

#11 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

ristactionjakso

I'd just like to say I was being sarcastic :P.
#12 Posted by SoNin360 (5268 posts) -
I guess it was just an attempt to slap a popular franchise on something that no one would otherwise buy in attempt to make a quick buck.
#13 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

I'd just like to say I was being sarcastic :P.

O......well....uhh me too then.... No not really, I don't like the games lol.

#14 Posted by tjoeb123 (6843 posts) -
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Got Milk?

speedfreak48t5p
I lol'd Yeah, the game is a dumb idea. But it's only $5, so at least they're not charging any more than that.

Got annoying U:FfF pop-ups every time you collect something (after updating) in U:GA? I do.
#15 Posted by HipHopBeats (2861 posts) -

I guess it was just an attempt to slap a popular franchise on something that no one would otherwise buy in attempt to make a quick buck.SoNin360

Give-Me-Money.jpg

#16 Posted by lensflare15 (6174 posts) -

What a lame idea.:|

Hopefully another legitimate Uncharted game is released for the Vita.

#17 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

It looks like it cost about $30 to produce. At $5 if 7 people accidentally buy it thinking it's an actual Uncharted game that's like $5 profit for Sony.

And they kinda need everything they can get at this point.

#18 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

What a lame idea.:|

Hopefully another legitimate Uncharted game is released for the Vita.

lensflare15

One with online too

#19 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18167 posts) -

What were they thinking?ShadowMoses900

"So we have this lame card game engine made in 5 minutes by one of our unpaid interns, how can we get people to buy it?"

"I know, stick Metal Gear pictures on it!"

"Nah, we've done that before"

"Stick Uncharted pictures on it!"

#20 Posted by Greyfeld (3006 posts) -

Michael0134567
lol yeah it does. Card games are awesome. The Uncharted series, as much as people are going to disagree with me, was always a little boring to me. Platforming segments are nothing but padding, stealth gameplay is clunky and pointless, gunplay is mediocre, and the stories are hackneyed and full of glaring plot holes. The best part of the series is listening to Drake make snarky comments... which I can do on Youtube, if I cared that much.
#21 Posted by tjoeb123 (6843 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Greyfeld
lol yeah it does. Card games are awesome. The Uncharted series, as much as people are going to disagree with me, was always a little boring to me. Platforming segments are nothing but padding, stealth gameplay is clunky and pointless, gunplay is mediocre, and the stories are hackneyed and full of glaring plot holes. The best part of the series is listening to Drake make snarky comments... which I can do on Youtube, if I cared that much.

...Says the guy who apparently wants NISA to die so badly.
#22 Posted by Greyfeld (3006 posts) -
[QUOTE="Greyfeld"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

tjoeb123

...Says the guy who apparently wants NISA to die so badly.

What does that have to do with anything I just said?
#23 Posted by Justinps2hero (2161 posts) -
You think thats bad, wait till Lego get hold of the Uncharted franchise, its in the post.
#24 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

I know, I don't understand why they made it like that.

#25 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]What were they thinking?Black_Knight_00

"So we have this lame card game engine made in 5 minutes by one of our unpaid interns, how can we get people to buy it?"

"I know, stick Metal Gear pictures on it!"

"Nah, we've done that before"

"Stick Uncharted pictures on it!"

This.

#26 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

Got Milk?

S0lidSnake

i had some last night.

#27 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Greyfeld

:|
#28 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="Greyfeld"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

He's weird...

#29 Posted by Greyfeld (3006 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Greyfeld"] lol yeah it does. Card games are awesome. The Uncharted series, as much as people are going to disagree with me, was always a little boring to me. Platforming segments are nothing but padding, stealth gameplay is clunky and pointless, gunplay is mediocre, and the stories are hackneyed and full of glaring plot holes. The best part of the series is listening to Drake make snarky comments... which I can do on Youtube, if I cared that much.GamerwillzPS

He's weird...

I won't deny that :P

I've never been a huge fan of shooters to begin with, so the fact that the gameplay revolves around that doesn't especially appeal to me. Generally, I can look past something like that if there are other elements that improve the experience for me (I love Mass Effect, despite its reliance on shooter gameplay), but all the other elements in the Uncharted games are mediocre or pointless.

#30 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

It's only a card game lol. Relax ladies. It's not like this is taking the place of an actual Uncharted game. It's just a cheap little card game with the Uncharted name on it. Nothing to get upset over. I own a soap in the shape of the Enterprise. That soap didn't get made in place of an actual Star Trek movie. This is exactly the same thing.

#31 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

It's only a card game lol. Relax ladies. It's not like this is taking the place of an actual Uncharted game. It's just a cheap little card game with the Uncharted name on it. Nothing to get upset over. I own a soap in the shape of the Enterprise. That soap didn't get made in place of an actual Star Trek movie. This is exactly the same thing.

burgeg

I want this soap.

#32 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

S0lidSnake

I want this soap.

As you should. It's badass. The only downside to it is that it's bigger than the Borg Cube I own(which is just a toy not a soap). The proportion is all wrong when you put my soap Enterprise next to my Borg Cube. Borg ships are supposed to be way bigger than the Enterprise. It upsets me. Yes I'm a massive trekkie.

Just for clarification, it's the Enterprise D(the Next Generation one). It also splits in two just like in the show. It's so cool.

#33 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Greyfeld"] lol yeah it does. Card games are awesome. The Uncharted series, as much as people are going to disagree with me, was always a little boring to me. Platforming segments are nothing but padding, stealth gameplay is clunky and pointless, gunplay is mediocre, and the stories are hackneyed and full of glaring plot holes. The best part of the series is listening to Drake make snarky comments... which I can do on Youtube, if I cared that much.GamerwillzPS

He's weird...

Lol.
#34 Posted by biggest_loser (24006 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] :|Greyfeld

He's weird...

I won't deny that :P

I've never been a huge fan of shooters to begin with, so the fact that the gameplay revolves around that doesn't especially appeal to me. Generally, I can look past something like that if there are other elements that improve the experience for me (I love Mass Effect, despite its reliance on shooter gameplay), but all the other elements in the Uncharted games are mediocre or pointless.

Loves Mass Effect but says Uncharted is full of plot holes lol