Ubisoft's game development

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I have been a ubisoft fan since the release of assassins creed, and I have always tried to support them and their games whenever I have the opportunity. Recently, however, specifically in this release season, i've been disappointed to see that ubisoft is starting to head down a dangerous path in their game development. Assassins creed has now become a yearly release game, and its improvements and changes are becoming fewer and fewer. Also, the far cry series, though far cry 4 is a very good game, is looking like it's starting to head down this path as well, with only a two year gap between 3 and 4, and 4 looking strikingly similar to 3. Is anybody else starting to get a bit upset with ubisofts publishing and development techniques or have any thoughts on the issue of yearly release schedules in general

RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

No one is making you buy these games. If Ubisoft want to release yearly iterations of their portfolio, they have every right to. If people are buying them, they will continue to produce games. If people aren't buying, they will slow the rate or stop a franchise altogether.

I see no problem with it. If enough people feel the same way that you do, you'll see a different approach.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

I've been a fan of Ubi since the original Rayman came out in 1995. Now they have like 40 studios and can't seem to release a good game; hell they can't even release a working game. It's clear they have lost their way and cannot be trusted.

To be honest though I never liked the AssCreed games, or any of their recent open-world games. They always manage to design a huge, detailed world then fill it with uninteresting characters, quests, etc.... That's probably because they spread their games out over so many studios. It's hard to really care about the project if you only work on a very small part of it. The result is the soul-less gaming experiences they been churning out. Oh well, if people keep buying them their efforts are validated......

I would prefer another 3D Rayman platforming game if they insist on continuing game development.... but no they'd probably just **** that up too.