Trion is supporting a Mass marketed Trojan **BEWARE**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MagikSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MagikSun
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Sorry to bring this here.. but I'm concerned by the corrupt and dodgy nature of the responses on Acrheage forums my post follows:

Trion is supporting a Mass marketed Trojan **BEWARE**

Trion & Archeage employees are supporting a mass marketed Trojan.

Upon installing the Archeage game it also installs a program called Akamai Netsession, which is supposedly a legitimate program.

[link removed]

I first noticed it as I installed the game, played and completely shut it down, a while later went to use the internet and my windows were taking a long time to load. Checked my firewall and a strange program Akamai Netsession was using up a good proportion of my bandwidth.

It runs in the background, uses your computing resources and bandwidth for its own purposes. If you uninstall the game it stays. If you uninstall it it resides in msconfig startup and possibly kernel base.

Upon finding this out... i posted on the Archeage forums.. and got flooded with trion employees posing as innocent community members discounting my posts, and I mean seriously, discounting it existed... stating my stupidity.... it was amusing to say the least.

Akamai is used for hive networking and in their terms and conditions.. which you never agreed to by installing this game.. unless in a a very fine print not made clear.. it states you give it permission to use your resources and allow it to send commands to your computer without your say so.

Illegal I'm starting to think and very very dodgy. NSA eat your heart out!

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#2 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

This is a forum for games discussion. This really doesn't encourage any discussion, so it will need to be locked.