Top 5 best 3rd person Multiplayer Shooters ever made

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

5) Star wars Battlefront 2

4) Socom 2

3) Metal Gear Online

2) Gears Of War 3

1) The Last Of Us

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts
Loading Video...

This is still my favorite of all-time. Maybe more strategy than shooter, but a great online MP all the same!

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

Socom 2 for consoles

Dayz for PC (I play it exclusively Third Person)

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Of the games I have played:

Gears of War: High level play of Gears of War 1 online multiplayer at its most popular was better than Gears of War 2 and 3.

Metal Gear Online: Headshots and CQC made matches intense. Spinning around like Vamp was hilarious.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter: In the middle of firefights, there were stealth fighters going throughout battlefields undetected.

I would buy a new Star Wars Battlefront or something like it with the Star Wars galaxy as the setting for a chance to play online when it is popular.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I really like Red Faction Guerilla's multiplayer mode. Really underrated.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

GRAW 2. That game was awesome!

vickyjohn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 vickyjohn1
Member since 2014 • 38 Posts

nice lists @ojmstr .. according to me, the only one multiplayer shooter is " The last of us "..

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Good list, but I would add GRAW 2.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Starwars Battlefront 2 is the best Multiplayer game I ever played

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Shouldn't the title read, Ever made and no longer work?

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

MDK2
Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.²
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Slave Zero
Oni

blackember36x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blackember36x
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

Good list. I agree with n1 and n2. Haven't played any of the others though so can't comment.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ojmstr

GRAW 2 was a good shooter, it would be on 6th place if i made a top 10 list.

Gears Of War 1 was more fun and i enjoyed that game way more than gears 2-3 BUT technically speaking i would say Gears 3 is the best Gears of war game in the series and one of the best 3rd person mp shooters ever created.

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

Gears of War had excellent multiplayer.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ojmstr

Never played or seen Splinter cell mp gameplay before, looks cool

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

The Uncharted franchise.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Behardy24

@ojmstr said:

Never played or seen Splinter cell mp gameplay before, looks cool

I too never played it but it does look awesome. Here is some gameplay from the Double Agent Mutiplayer. Looks awesome!

Loading Video...

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ojmstr

@behardy24: It was probably good for it`s time. You know what year it came out and on what gaming system?

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Behardy24

@ojmstr said:

@behardy24: It was probably good for it`s time. You know what year it came out and on what gaming system?

The video of the game above came out in 2006 and is available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 Game Store, and the PC.

There are more recent Splinter Cell games like Splinter Cell: Blacklist which came out last year. The game features the same "spies vs. mercs" mode, and since it's newer you'll have a higher chance of finding other players there.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ojmstr

@behardy24: Thats cool man, thanks for info, ill keep that in mind. These days im pretty much only playing The Last Of us multiplayer but ill probably give some other games a shot pretty soon i guess, remember i used to play those first Splinter Cell games and i can remember that awesome atmosphere those games had but in a way though i feel my standard after playing the last of us is way up there now so jumping into another 3rd person shooter these days might be a disapointment:( only game that might interest me in the coming weeks/months now would be Watch dogs but i have a feeling the multiplayer will not hold ground, hope im wrong.

Im allways open to try out different games even older games as long as the gameplay feels good. As i allways say, gameplay is the most import factor in a game, not graphics alone.

I do look forward to these kind of 3rd person games on the Ps4 i must admitt though, games like The Division looks absolutly fantastic, can't wait! Getting a ps4 within this year i think, mostly for The Last Of Us remastered and that new UFC game for this year but next year im looking forward to The Division, Star Wars Battlefront 3? and Hopefully The Morpheus VR headset with some new intutive groundbreaking VR games :) i know Sony can pull it off.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

The Gears of War games are my most favourite with Gears of War 3 being number 1.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23  Edited By BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

@stevenhearnn said:

Gears is great but I think the learning curve for playing online is very steep.

Oh yeah, it is. I remember playing Gears Of War 3 beta & had NO idea on what the heck I was doing! After watching videos on youtube & playing a bit more, I got the hang of it.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Behardy24

@ojmstr said:

@behardy24: Thats cool man, thanks for info, ill keep that in mind. These days im pretty much only playing The Last Of us multiplayer but ill probably give some other games a shot pretty soon i guess, remember i used to play those first Splinter Cell games and i can remember that awesome atmosphere those games had but in a way though i feel my standard after playing the last of us is way up there now so jumping into another 3rd person shooter these days might be a disapointment:( only game that might interest me in the coming weeks/months now would be Watch dogs but i have a feeling the multiplayer will not hold ground, hope im wrong.

Im allways open to try out different games even older games as long as the gameplay feels good. As i allways say, gameplay is the most import factor in a game, not graphics alone.

I do look forward to these kind of 3rd person games on the Ps4 i must admitt though, games like The Division looks absolutly fantastic, can't wait! Getting a ps4 within this year i think, mostly for The Last Of Us remastered and that new UFC game for this year but next year im looking forward to The Division, Star Wars Battlefront 3? and Hopefully The Morpheus VR headset with some new intutive groundbreaking VR games :) i know Sony can pull it off.

No problem with info, always happy to help. I have always wanted to play The Last of Us Mutiplayer, but my copy of the game didn't come with a mutiplayer code. I got my copy shipped in with my PS3 when I get it for Christmas. [Rip off :( ] But its whatevas. I will admit, The Last of Us is a real good game, even if the enemy AI is extremely wonky.

I do agree with you that both gameplay and performance out weigh graphics, but I don't take graphics for granted. For a lot of games out there, graphics real do help in the immersion of the game. ( Example is The Last of Us)

I wonder what Ubisoft is going to do with The Division, seems interesting. Star Wars Battlefront 3 (I heard it was a reboot though) is probably my most awaited game. Like most, I'll be playing that game non-stop and if I like the game enough I'll try my hand in competitive league.

I wouldn't get too hype for Project Morpheus. It's a prototype and Sony is just testing the waters to see if they can pull off a VR headset and have it be successfully for them. It isn't confirm it will eventually come out. Sony may just throw the prototype and the idea out the window. I will admit though, Morpheus looks like a nice piece of hardware from the surface.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ojmstr

@behardy24: I agree i don't take graphics for granted either, it really helps on the immersion and it should be good enough these days on all the new systems, it`s incredible how Naughty Dog pulled off THAT graphics on the Ps3 though, im very impressed :)

Im not to hyped for Morpheus but i have a feeling they will make something out of it, if it takes one year- two years or 5 years i think they will push this technology forward on the ps4 system eventually, it has so much potential, if you see what is happening with the oculus rift these days and those new demos that has been released you can see a glimpse of how these VR games will be in the future.

Search >> Technolust, loading human and The Forest on youtube, these are made by smal gaming companys, imagine AAA vr games from Naughty Dog or Konami :)

I have allways been a 3rd person gamer and the reason why i never play 1st person games is only because i tested out VR in the 90s and playing 1st person on a monitor after that experience was just not the same.

Jakes007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jakes007
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

Are you able to extend the list to 10 or give a top 5 that isn't multiplayer online only?

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

MGS Online (MGS 4, none of that V rubbish) - loved being snake in that one mode!

Gears of War 2 - built upon everything from the original

UC3 was so much crazy fun

BTW, Battlefront 2 has not aged well at all, I have it on my PC and it is pretty bad.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Really old thread here.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#29 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@jakes007: Yes, it is an old thread. jakes007, as you are new you should know that we don't allow for "necro'ing" a thread older than two months. Instead, create a new topic yourself.