Tons of PS4 reveals on Spike PS4 launch night.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44741 posts) -

Spike TV is having a PS4 TV event on the night of the midnight launch. Keeley says it will be a night full of announcements.

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/spike-tv-ps4-launch-special-november-14-world-premieres-announcements

“PlayStation 4 All Access,” as it’s called, promises to be “an epic night of PlayStation world premieres and announcements,” according to Keighley.

Asked if that means we’ll see new PlayStation 4 games, Keighley said, “Definitely.”

Finally! Looks like we wont have to wait for the VGAs. Uncharted 4 for sure will be shown, I wonder what else. MM game?

#2 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

@dvader654: Leave it to Sony to reveal all the exclusives when everyone's gonna be lined up to buy their console. 11PM on the night of the midnight launch? You cant be serious.

Also here is my guess. We will see Knack 2. Three indie games ported from PC. And two F2P games.

#3 Edited by sukraj (20586 posts) -

Me want xbox one

#4 Edited by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -

I'll be in line for my PS4, but I'll DVR it and watch it later. I really hope the new Media Molecule game is shown.

#5 Edited by Metamania (11855 posts) -

Probably nothing earth-shattering and just a few expected games we all know was going to happen. That's my guess.

#6 Posted by SolidIngram (49 posts) -

I'm really hoping to get some more information on MGSV even though it's highly unlikely.

#7 Edited by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -
#8 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

Dont. Set them free. Allow yourself to dream a little. New generations, greater power, more freedom for devs.

14 days.

New genres, revived franchises, spectacular open world masterpieces, scifi epic ship to ship battles, pirates, ninjas, lootwhoring, chickens in radiation suits, point and clicks, music to set your heart aflame, BASE jumping in Nepal, capturing all your flags, angels and demons losing their minds, and a boy, his friends, memories and tears?

One things for sure, there is nothing like the start of a new gen.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Everywhere you goooooo

OMG. GopherD from neogaf (known insider) just posted this. I really hope Sony shows off the Sony Santa Monica’s Sci-Fi game. Ship to ship battles, FTL on steroids… yes give it to me! All over my face.

I really hope spectacular open world masterpiece is the next Uncharted game, and not Infamous 3. They have taken way too long to announce a new Uncharted which leads me to believe either they are not working on it and Sony Bend is taking over, or they are working on it and completely revamping the formula for next gen.

The much rumored Demon Souls 2 might make an appearance too. I highly doubt Sony would blow their load at 11PM the night of launch though. Especially with the VGAs only two weeks away.

#9 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

I am in the minority here but I really don't want to see anymore Uncharted. Let the series stand and move on to something else. Part 3 sucked and they will never have another part two again.

Gamers cheering for franchise whoring blow my mind.

You know what happened when that studio did do something new?

The Last Of Us.

Another super amazing one of the best games of the generation, not another boring carbon copy Uncharted. How many millions of people can Nathan Drake kill anyways? He is already around the 10 thousand mark after three games that likeable everyday guy! That little scamp!

Seriously fuck this series already, sequel whoring needs to die.

#10 Edited by firefox59 (4219 posts) -

Dont. Set them free. Allow yourself to dream a little. New generations, greater power, more freedom for devs.

14 days.

New genres, revived franchises, spectacular open world masterpieces, scifi epic ship to ship battles, pirates, ninjas, lootwhoring, chickens in radiation suits, point and clicks, music to set your heart aflame, BASE jumping in Nepal, capturing all your flags, angels and demons losing their minds, and a boy, his friends, memories and tears?

Everywhere you goooooo

OMG. GopherD from neogaf (known insider) just posted this. I really hope Sony shows off the Sony Santa Monica’s Sci-Fi game. Ship to ship battles, FTL on steroids… yes give it to me! All over my face.

I really hope spectacular open world masterpiece is the next Uncharted game, and not Infamous 3. They have taken way too long to announce a new Uncharted which leads me to believe either they are not working on it and Sony Bend is taking over, or they are working on it and completely revamping the formula for next gen.

The much rumored Demon Souls 2 might make an appearance too. I highly doubt Sony would blow their load at 11PM the night of launch though. Especially with the VGAs only two weeks away.

I didn't even know they were talking about making another Demon Souls. Huh

#11 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

@GodModeEnabled:

Im usually with you on franchise whoring. I didn’t want another god of war, killzone or Infamous for instance.

But I think Naughty Dog has another Uncharted in them. Especially after the disappointment that was U3 Single Player. Also, it would be criminal not to release an uncharted game on a next gen console. Uncharted practically defined last gen blockbuster games. Of all the games, it needs to get the next gen treatment the most.

#12 Edited by dvader654 (44741 posts) -

I am in the minority here but I really don't want to see anymore Uncharted. Let the series stand and move on to something else. Part 3 sucked and they will never have another part two again.

The Last Of Us.

Another super amazing one of the best games of the generation, not another boring carbon copy Uncharted. How many millions of people can Nathan Drake kill anyways? He is already around the 10 thousand mark after three games that likeable everyday guy! That little scamp!

Oh shut it, you know what happened when a studio did a sequel, GTAV.

#13 Posted by shellcase86 (1678 posts) -

Can't wait to see what they announce.

#14 Posted by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -

@GodModeEnabled said:

The Last Of Us.

Dvader, haven't stuck my head in the GTA5 thread for a while (got bored, stopped playing it and paying attention to it) but last I saw, you and I were on the same page in terms of the campaign having some serious issues. Of course, its making dumptruck loads of money and even with its imperfections is the Coke Classic to GTA4's New Coke.

I agree with Godmode. The greatness of games springs from the people that make them, not the franchises. I don't think sequels are bad if developers have a bunch of cool ideas for them, but while say, Uncharted 3 was a good game which had some great scenes (and a few bad ones), it wasn't the improvement on U2 that U2 was on U1 so maybe Naughty Dog should just move along.

#15 Edited by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo

GopherD's description sounds really cool.

In the past Sony has had enough games that they resorted to announcing some of their games before big events. Nowadays Sony is not only running a ton of studios, but is working closely with many indies, so yeah, they might conceivably have enough content that they can space it out between two events.

#16 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

Dvader, haven't stuck my head in the GTA5 thread for a while (got bored, stopped playing it and paying attention to it) but last I saw, you and I were on the same page in terms of the campaign having some serious issues. Of course, its making dumptruck loads of money and even with its imperfections is the Coke Classic to GTA4's New Coke.

I agree with Godmode. The greatness of games springs from the people that make them, not the franchises. I don't think sequels are bad if developers have a bunch of cool ideas for them, but while say, Uncharted 3 was a good game which had some great scenes (and a few bad ones), it wasn't the improvement on U2 that U2 was on U1 so maybe Naughty Dog should just move along.

The point is that it is still a great game. Even a fantastic one. One that GME enjoyed I might add. :P IIRC, he also liked the new Splinter Cell which is like the sixth game in the franchise in the last decade or so.

It’s easy to criticize sequel whoring, but some games deserve a sequel. Especially on a next gen console. ND has already come out with a new IP this year, they can afford to make another Uncharted before they do another new IP.

If ND stay too close to the formula then I will be the first one to criticize them, but if they open it up like GG did with KZ and still give us those amazing setpieces on a next gen system then what’s there to complain about?

Lastly, and I chose not to mention it when replying to GME, but if it wasn’t for sequel whoring we wouldn’t have gotten MGS4. The greatest sequel of all time. A culmination of years of knowledge, programming and game design. Made possible largely by the new gen tech. It wasn’t perfect, but my god it was brilliant. If Uncharted 2 was the MGS3 of the Ucharted franchise, what if U4 is as good as MGS4.*

*I actually got aroused writing that.

#17 Posted by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -

@S0lidSnake:

MGS4 is great, but for my money MGS3 is the best game in the franchise. I thought the characters and the story were a lot stronger and nothing beats the combo of boss fights, chase scenes and story reveals that make up MGS3's end sequence.

*Shrugs* I like the Uncharted games, so I confess I'd probably get U4 on day 1, but I'd get pretty much any ND game on day 1.

#18 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20285 posts) -

i'm not sure what games they'd announce.

i'm sure naughty dog is working on an uncharted: whatever and spike seems like a decent place to announce it, but i agree that it would be weird to announce it at a midnight launch instead of their VGA's.

santa monica's wiki page lists them as developing an unidentified (but announced at gamescom) game. if it's another god of war, i think it could get named and teaser'd here. GoW is an established series and doesn't need a big platform to get the word out but it's not so big (anymore) to seem like it would be a waste of publicity to show at anything but a really big event.

#19 Posted by dvader654 (44741 posts) -

Uncharted with the graphics of PS4. The stuff they could do!!! That alone should get anyone excited. Plus Uncharted is my favorite multiplayer game this gen.

#20 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

@CarnageHeart:

Not gonna argue with you there. MGS3 still has the finest last two hours in a video game ever.

That said, MGS4 had a string of incredible few sequences in the middle starting from the Big Mama reveal in the middle of Act 3. That cutscene blew me away multiple times. First due to all the bombs she dropped about the Patriots then the set up to the chase scene with incredible Harry Gregson-Williams soundtrack. Then the most amazing car chase scene of all time ending with a pretty cool boss fight and a badass cutscene with Ocelot destroying an entire platoon all by himself.

As if that wasn’t enough, Kojima takes us down the memory lane in the next chapter and repeatedly slaps us around with nostalgia until we get to back to back to back boss fights with Sniper Wolf, Vamp and finally Metal Gear Ray.

To me those were the greatest two-three hours in a video game ever.

God I love that game.

#21 Edited by c_rakestraw (14457 posts) -
@S0lidSnake said:

14 days.

Everywhere you goooooo

I didn't even know they were talking about making another Demon Souls. Huh

It's been a long, ongoing rumor. There was a product description that dropped some heavy hints back around E3 (mentioned a lot of Demon's Souls concepts, including the Nexus), but nothing's come of it so far. Pretty sure From Software's said they aren't working on one, either.

That said, I would love to see Demon's Souls 2 happen.

#22 Posted by dvader654 (44741 posts) -

Why split the franchse. Dark Souls is Demons Souls 2.

#23 Posted by c_rakestraw (14457 posts) -

Why split the franchse. Dark Souls is Demons Souls 2.

Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP. So the could very well decide to make another one if they wanted to. There is plenty of demand for a return to the Demon's Souls formula, after all. I don't know why since Dark Souls was superior in just about every way, but if there's a chance for more Souls games, I'm okay with it.

#24 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25032 posts) -

A Demon's Souls 2 announcement before the release of Dark Souls 2 doesn't seem likely to me. It would be the most fucking fantastic news ever but it won't happen. I'm going to assume nothing happens on the PS4 launch night to avoid letdown.

#25 Posted by BranKetra (46493 posts) -

I am hoping for more first party games. I expect some indies shown among other stuff because of how vocal Sony is this gen about their relevance. Maybe some showing of the PS4's features will occur. While unlikely the same as the MS UI video, I would like it to be as conveniently voice commandable.

#26 Posted by Archangel3371 (14794 posts) -

Sweet. I always find new console launches very exciting. It's going to be extra exciting with two of them being in this month. Only two more weeks away now. Can't wait to watch this episode of GTTV. :D

#27 Posted by F1Lengend (7879 posts) -

Personally, If I had the choice between a new IP and a sequel by my favourite developers, I would choose new IP almost every time. However that doesn't mean I will boycott said sequel simply on the grounds that the devs chose to make it over a new IP. If SSM announced a new GOW with Kratos in Greek mythology, it would have to be beyond amazing for me to get excited about it. Now if they announced a new IP, with their talent, I would be extremely pumped because of their pedigree. Now if they announced a GoW game set in Nordic times or something, I would also love that.

Uncharted is my weakness though, there is great potential with a new one on new consoles. I think there is a lot of room to grow the franchise so I'd like to see them take a stab at it. Hopefully they improve the A.I. and SP hit detection. Take advantage of the next gen horsepower, I want to see A.I that is beyond current gen capabilities.

Lastly, Demons Souls II would be made by Sony Japan? It wouldn't touch Dark Souls II so why bother.

#28 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

@GodModeEnabled said:

The Last Of Us.

Which wasn't nearly as good as San Andreas :(

#29 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

Personally, If I had the choice between a new IP and a sequel by my favourite developers, I would choose new IP almost every time. However that doesn't mean I will boycott said sequel simply on the grounds that the devs chose to make it over a new IP. If SSM announced a new GOW with Kratos in Greek mythology, it would have to be beyond amazing for me to get excited about it. Now if they announced a new IP, with their talent, I would be extremely pumped because of their pedigree. Now if they announced a GoW game set in Nordic times or something, I would also love that.

Uncharted is my weakness though, there is great potential with a new one on new consoles. I think there is a lot of room to grow the franchise so I'd like to see them take a stab at it. Hopefully they improve the A.I. and SP hit detection. Take advantage of the next gen horsepower, I want to see A.I that is beyond current gen capabilities.

Lastly, Demons Souls II would be made by Sony Japan? It wouldn't touch Dark Souls II so why bother.

The lead designer or creator of Demon Souls was rumored to be snatched up by Sony. He is supposedly making a spiritual successor to Demon Souls.

#30 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

The point is that it is still a great game. Even a fantastic one. One that GME enjoyed I might add. :P IIRC, he also liked the new Splinter Cell which is like the sixth game in the franchise in the last decade or so.

It’s easy to criticize sequel whoring, but some games deserve a sequel. Especially on a next gen console. ND has already come out with a new IP this year, they can afford to make another Uncharted before they do another new IP.

If ND stay too close to the formula then I will be the first one to criticize them, but if they open it up like GG did with KZ and still give us those amazing setpieces on a next gen system then what’s there to complain about?

Lastly, and I chose not to mention it when replying to GME, but if it wasn’t for sequel whoring we wouldn’t have gotten MGS4. The greatest sequel of all time. A culmination of years of knowledge, programming and game design. Made possible largely by the new gen tech. It wasn’t perfect, but my god it was brilliant. If Uncharted 2 was the MGS3 of the Ucharted franchise, what if U4 is as good as MGS4.*

*I actually got aroused writing that.

I didn't even play much of U3 beyond the multiplayer, but watched my brother play through a lot of it. It was boring, souless, with enemys that take 8 million bullets to kill and spam rocket launchers.

Splinter Cell was a big improvement on the last game, better mechanics, level design, better everything. This is what a value over just better graphics.

I would still get an Uncharted 4 because fuck it reasons, but I would much rather them do something new. I don't know if they have it in them to make the game and fresh and new enough like Ubisoft did for Splintercell for example.

It just doesn't seem like there is much point in a new generation if all it's about is the same old games with a graphical update. Dvader writes "Uncharted on PS4 graphics! Think of what they could achieve!"

Well Ia de da fuckeroo horseshit to that. If I am playing the same game over again I might as well save my money.

I am excited for a new Naughty Dog game though, a new Sony Santa Monica game (please no more god of war!), a new game from the infamous team... etc. Some sequels are fine to me but it seems like this generation the industry has gone overboard on franchise whoring and doesn't know how to right the ship anymore.

#31 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

Well Ia de da fuckeroo horseshit to that. If I am playing the same game over again I might as well save my money.

lol well i cant disagree with that. Good to have another Uncharted hater on the board though. Now you can join me shitting on Uncharted 3 whenever Contract claims its the best one in the series.

Also, if ND gives us just another Uncharted instead of retooling the formula then Im just gonna rent it and beat it in two days. Not going to spend $60 on something as needless as GOW Accession again.

#32 Posted by dvader654 (44741 posts) -

@GodModeEnabled: I mean what they could do with the gameplay. The train stuff couldnt be done last gen. Who knows what kind of insane levels they can pull off now.

#33 Posted by c_rakestraw (14457 posts) -
@F1Lengend said:

The lead designer or creator of Demon Souls was rumored to be snatched up by Sony. He is supposedly making a spiritual successor to Demon Souls.

Where did you hear that? Last I heard he was working on an entirely new IP while also serving as supervisor on Dark Souls 2.

#34 Edited by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -

@GodModeEnabled: I mean what they could do with the gameplay. The train stuff couldnt be done last gen. Who knows what kind of insane levels they can pull off now.

Uncharted 3 had its issues (the kid Drake scenes sucked) but the plane and boat scenes were amazing.

#35 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

I love hype events, hype hype hype.

Then usually they fail to deliver and everyone is complaining and calling for people to get fired, but then as the event is about to end the announcer says "We have one last thing to show you" and then BOOM! ITS THE GAME WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO!

Hype level 8.

#36 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

@dvader654 said:

Uncharted 3 had its issues (the kid Drake scenes sucked)

umm.. no you suck! Those chapters took me by surprise and very refreshing. Fantastic writing too.

#37 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

OMG. Looks like Starlight Savage might actually be Naughty Dog's next game after all. GME's wish come true? Sony Bend making Uncharted 4 after all? Holy shit.

For those who dont know, there was a hidden comic in TLOU called Starlight Savage. Apparently it's a story set in space. Then Naughty Dog was reportedly seen visiting SpaceX fueling rumors they were working on a game set in space. But I figured that it was the team who worked on TLOU, not the Uncharted 3 team. Seems I was wrong.

Here is what the Uncharted 3 director had to say on reddit. Sorry GME if this gets your hopes up only to get crushed by the inevitable Uncharted 4 reveal. :P Keep in mind, ND teased TLOU in Uncharted 3 and no one noticed it until after the game came out.

#38 Edited by BranKetra (46493 posts) -

@dvader654 said:

Uncharted 3 had its issues (the kid Drake scenes sucked) but the plane and boat scenes were amazing.

I liked the childhood chapter because it was Drake's history. It developed his character in part.

#39 Posted by dvader654 (44741 posts) -

Damn I posted that in the other thread. I want a ND space game, that would be amazing.

We are still getting Uncharted 4, and probably TLOU2 one day.

#40 Edited by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -

Huh. Didn't realize the kid Drake scenes had fans. To each his own. Anyway, cool news about Savage Starlight. I love Uncharted and TLOU but if Naughty Dog never returns to either and just keeps making original games, I'm fine with that.

#41 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2 would make the PS4 an absolute must-buy for me. That on top of Sony Santa Monica's and Naughty Dog's rumored sci-fi games... oh, yes...

#42 Posted by c_rakestraw (14457 posts) -
@CarnageHeart said:
@dvader654 said:

I liked the childhood chapter because it was Drake's history. It developed his character in part.

The only problem I saw with them is that they just felt out of place. There wasn't any story purpose for why we needed to see him in his younger days. Otherwise they were fine.

#43 Edited by Chozofication (2487 posts) -

Color me excited. Launch titles suck hard, except AC looks pretty good. ...For a launch title.

Hoping some reveal blows me away, or am I expecting too much?

#44 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Color me excited. Launch titles suck hard, except AC looks pretty good. ...For a launch title.

Hoping some reveal blows me away, or am I expecting too much?

Sony has several big games they could show off but they are probably going to spread them out as much as possible.

#45 Posted by immortality20 (7938 posts) -

Awesome, while I'm getting the Xbox One, I always love to see great games on any system. I'm sure the PS4 will find a way into my home within a couple years.

#46 Posted by BranKetra (46493 posts) -

@BranKetra said:
@CarnageHeart said:
@dvader654 said:

The only problem I saw with them is that they just felt out of place. There wasn't any story purpose for why we needed to see him in his younger days. Otherwise they were fine.

The youth part was where Drake and Sully meet for the first time and also why they team up. That is relevant. It also shows where Drake first gets Sir Francis Drake's ring which Marlowe is after in that game.

#47 Posted by CarnageHeart (18294 posts) -
#48 Posted by Randolph (10112 posts) -

Hopefully one of the announcements is a moved up February release for Second Son. I'd love to treat myself to a PS4 and that game for my birthday.

#49 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -
#50 Edited by dvader654 (44741 posts) -