To Titanfall or Not to Titanfall

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoundwaveNLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 SoundwaveNLD
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Seriously, there is no topic for Titanfall that is coming in like 5 weeks?

Is this game so bad?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

This game will be wonderful. I can't wait. I just don't know what platform to buy it on.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Probably not.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

certainly NOT to Titan Fall and YES its a pos.. online multiplayer has destroyed the gaming industry enough already by ensuring all standard story mode's, campaign's, ect, are dwarfed to the point of nothing so the COD groupies can have their precious online fix and now its even going as far as to make online only games that don't even have a sp!? that is some ridiculous, selfish bs right there!

Fvk Titan Fall.

SoundwaveNLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoundwaveNLD
@shangtsung7 said:

certainly NOT to Titan Fall and YES its a pos.. online multiplayer has destroyed the gaming industry enough already by ensuring all standard story mode's, campaign's, ect, are dwarfed to the point of nothing so the COD groupies can have their precious online fix and now its even going as far as to make online only games that don't even have a sp!? that is some ridiculous, selfish bs right there!

Fvk Titan Fall.

I agree that the are bs to put only MP in there. But its good to see that Respawn Entertainment is taking a shot at the Titans of the industry.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Not to for me.

I just don't care about a online game where I shoot other people, and that's pretty much it. Especially for 60 bucks, I can find a hundred games that do the same thing and look more interesting and less generic for half the price or free. Online focused shooters are a dime a dozen.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I'm really looking forward to this game, it looks awesome.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Even if I had a system to play it on, I probably wouldn't bother. I don't want a MP only game, MP just isn't my thing as much as it was maybe 3 years ago. This will be a great game for the Call of Duty crowd, which is why it will likely be successful.

SoundwaveNLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SoundwaveNLD

I only played Modern Warfare 2 one. Only 2 sessions online. But the mech style brings some style to it. So i'll give it a shot!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

It looks interesting, but I'm not much of a MP gamer so I doubt I'll be getting it.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShangTsung7

@soundwavenld said:
@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

I agree that the are bs to put only MP in there. But its good to see that Respawn Entertainment is taking a shot at the Titans of the industry.

its a waste of money is what it is.. how and why anybody would be willing to pay 60$ out of pocket for a game where all you do is hop online and shoot or get shot by other team, repeat, shoot or get shot by other team, rinse, repeat, is beyond my comprehension, it amazes me how easily amused some people are.. online mp is the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry since dlc and now that they're throwing out online mp ONLY games i can see that soon i will have to get a new hobby if this is where the gaming industry is headed.. it was bad enough when every time a new game came out, instead of being excited, i was like "ok but how much is online mp gonna rape off the regular story mode" but now they're not even gonna bother with some games.. *sigh* i wish like hell COD had never happened, damn i hate online mp, oh well.. maybe this is a sign i should take up sports or some outdoor activity for entertainment.. lol

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

close to 90% if not more of the people who have an xbox one are picking up Titanfall, its the first legit "next-gen" title coming out. The game is going to be a new experience for gamers. Looks fun and my friend who played the alpha beta said it was awesome. Looking forward to beta as long as i dont have to pre order

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

It's a pos because it doesn't have single player? what kind of logic is that?

There's people that only enjoy multiplayer in video games, just like you seem to enjoy single player only. There's plenty of single player games out there, and this one is focused on the multiplayer. There's nothing wrong with that. You are going way overboard with this one. There's been some amazing single player experiences this past gen, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Will play it on the PC. The best platform to play it on.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

There's people that only enjoy multiplayer in video games, just like you seem to enjoy single player only. There's plenty of single player games out there, and this one is focused on the multiplayer. There's nothing wrong with that. You are going way overboard with this one. There's been some amazing single player experiences this past gen, so I don't know what you're talking about.

perfectly legit logic, imagine back in the nes days if there were games which had no 1 player mode, that would be fvkin retarded and NOBODY would have purchased them.. you're the one who makes no sense m8 and thats why i can't stand you COD online obsessed kiddies, you guys are so damn selfish its unreal.. the story mode aspect of a game is essentially the *standard regular* mode, all that multi-crap is just an added bonus, or at least it used to be before all this online bs showed up and sh!t all over the gaming industry..

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 huerito323

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

perfectly legit logic, imagine back in the nes days if there were games which had no 1 player mode, that would be fvkin retarded and NOBODY would have purchased them.. you're the one who makes no sense m8 and thats why i can't stand you COD online obsessed kiddies, you guys are so damn selfish its unreal.. the story mode aspect of a game is essentially the *standard regular* mode, all that multi-crap is just an added bonus, or at least it used to be before all this online bs showed up and sh!t all over the gaming industry..

Games have evolved, get over it. This isn't the 80's anymore. Multiplayer is extremely popular today, and most people don't even touch the single player in first person shooter games, they just go straight to the multiplayer portion of the game.

Calling me an obsessed COD online kiddie just shows how dumb and immature you are. You call it selfish, when in reality, you're the one who's being selfish because you don't take other people's preferences into consideration. There's games for everybody, plenty of single player games out there, so I don't know why you're bitching about it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

Chill out dude.

There are single player games out there. And there are multiplayer games out there.

If someone likes single player games, they can play and enjoy the single player games. If someone else likes multiplayer games, they can play and enjoy the multiplayer games.

If you don't enjoy one of them, there's no need to insult people on the other side. Your attitude makes the rest of us Single player fans look bad.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

Games have evolved, get over it. This isn't the 80's anymore. Multiplayer is extremely popular today, and most people don't even touch the single player in first person shooter games, they just go straight to the multiplayer portion of the game.

Calling me an obsessed COD online kiddie just shows how dumb and immature you are. You call it selfish, when in reality, you're the one who's being selfish because you don't take other people's preferences into consideration. There's games for everybody, plenty of single player games out there, so I don't know why you're bitching about it.

take it easy junior, no need to have an asthma attack cause someone has a different opinion than yours, different opinions are part of life so "get over it"

i'm not going to trade insults with you either m8, a hypocrite like you isn't worth getting banned over and based on your laughable childish reply there is no reason trying to debate with you either so lets just agree to disagree. have a pleasant evening. :)

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

The game should be great for people who really suck at multiplayer games. With so many bots to kill, everybody can feel like a winner .

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 huerito323

@shangtsung7: ur the one whining about multiplayer games and ur telling me to calm down? Haha that's hilarious.

Childish reply? Wow, this is coming from the guy who told me "that's why I can't stand you COD online obsessed kiddies". LOL

Have a nice evening "junior".

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

I think the game looks extremely fun. While it doesn't look to be evolving the genre in any significant way, it certainly looks fresh.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

TO TITANFALL! AND ALL THOSE WHO WILL MARCH ON THROUGH THE RAIN AND THE STORM, MECH VS MECH BROTHERS! LETS DO THIS!!

AtotehZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AtotehZ
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

@shangtsung7: You're the hypocrite really, if you can't see that you need help.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i do not plan to titanfall.

i'm not really sold on the giant robots yet. they'll presumably be balanced in some way, but i haven't seen it in the gameplay videos i've watched. they just come off as more elaborate killstreaks.

really though, the killer was the announcement of how central the bots are going to be. i have no interest in having a bunch of sacrificial lambs or terminators running around in a multiplayer match. i'm fine with a few as a bandaid for uneven numbers, but the fun in these MP shooters is other people.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShangTsung7

@AtotehZ said:

@shangtsung7: You're the hypocrite really, if you can't see that you need help.

BulletSpeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BulletSpeak
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@soundwavenld:

It's CoD with robots.

Everyone hates CoD, according to... everyone?

So WHY should this be an anticipated item? Again, people are just not making any logical sense here.

Sarcasm and spite aside, I don't hate CoD. I'm just bored with it because it's been essentially the same game over and over with no real changes for the past several years. I like their core systems, the tight shooting, etc. Infinityward made some excellent games. So to transfer that core spirit to a new title and really mix it up is ideal for me.

In other words, I'll probably Titanfall for the PC. Can't be any worse than what DICE has done to BF4. Need a good shooter again.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

If we were talking two years from now, I'd probably skip this. But there's nothing available for either console, I'd really like to use them once in a while, and this looks as good as anything else coming out on consoles in the next few months. So, why not?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@donalbane: Heh, I dig the avatar. :)

On Topic: I'm torn about Titanfall. Everything I see makes me think it would be a fun game to play, but historically speaking I'm not much a fan of multiplayer games. I tend to enjoy single player experiences.

In fact, the only multiplayer games I enjoy are Halo, and I typically only play the multiplayer after I finish the campaign and only for a short while. I have more fun grabbing screenshots or clips of the few matches I play than I do actually playing the matches.

Despite all that though, Titanfall looks really fun. And I like big robots (duh).

After Halo 4 kinda let me down, I was hoping Titanfall would offer something interesting for single and multiplayer, but they've chosen to focus only on the side of the fence where I very rarely tread.

It'll just depend on the moment when it comes out. IF I am through with InFamous, IF nothing else is on the immediate horizon, IF I happen to be in the mood to play a video game that requires other people then MAYBE I'll consider picking up a copy. But no pre-orders or special editions for me. It'll just have to score well and be the big thing people are talking about when I'm in the mood for that type of experience and even then I may skip it anyway.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

I think he means FPS that focus on SP not games in general, like they did them in the good ol' days, I still agree it's a pretty narrow minded statement though.

AtotehZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AtotehZ
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

@shangtsung7: I'm not butthurt.

You're just acting like an ass towards random people who really hasn't tried to offend you in any way. They've just tried to tell you to stick to the genres you like and leave the multiplayer only games alone if you don't like them. You attack them because they express that different opinion and then tell one of them "take it easy junior, no need to have an asthma attack cause someone has a different opinion than yours, different opinions are part of life so "get over it""

Calling me butthurt now again shows what a hypocrite you are. You're the one who is butthurt over multiplayer only games being made and goes out of your way to insult people over it.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShangTsung7

@yngsten said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

I think he means FPS that focus on SP not games in general, like they did them in the good ol' days, I still agree it's a pretty narrow minded statement though.

problem is sp games "especially fps ones" are getting more and more scarce, the campaigns in them are becoming so short with no content that its not even worth the purchase, and now they are making some without a sp at all, that is just selfish imo.. contrary to popular belief not everybody is into the online mp thing, just read some of the comments if you don't believe me, there are plenty of posts all over this website from people admitting they're sick of the online gaming trend, its not like i'm the only one and its not right for gamers like myself to be thrown to the back of the bus just cause i find this boring > gun shoot pew pew! other team dead yah! we win, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. now i could go on an on trying to explain the ludicrousy of why anyone would find that entertaining but i don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, to each their own but its selfish when just cause a bunch of people like one thing those of us who don't are just shunned away and told "tough sh!t" . what i don't understand is why devs don't just release 2 versions of game, one with the story mode and the other for the multi-addicts, that way both sides can get an equally great game, with ALL focus being placed towards each, yalls precious online multiplayer would be twice as good even.. i know this will never happen but it'd be nice.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

The fact that it's going to be on Origin just makes me want to avoid it. Also this looks exactly like CoD, which isn't a good thing for me.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I can't justify a multiplayer only game for 60$. I'm mildly interested in playing it, but not on day 1.

The_Dude526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Dude526
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

I don't feel particularly strong about it either way. I like the whole idea of piloting giant robots (Gundam Side Story on Dreamcast was awesome back in the day) but not so much of using it for competitive multiplayer, and small matches at that. Make it all about taking out tons of other robots and we'll talk. And didn't Blur try the whole "jumping off walls" thing and it didn't work out?

I don't plan on getting an Xbox One for a long time anyway so it's basically a moot point for me.

Dissentioncc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dissentioncc
Member since 2013 • 306 Posts

@shangtsung7: There are plenty of good single player games being released all the time, and there is plenty of room for both types of games. After reading all of your posts here, it's evident that you are the one who should be filling out the butthurt form you posted.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Multiplayer has been popular since the early/mid 90s. Where have you been?

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

Multiplayer has been popular since the early/mid 90s. Where have you been? Quake 3 and UT were highly successful online "only" shooters (no real single player campaign, just bot matches).

I wouldn't get Titanfall for $60 though. I'd be getting it on a PC and if there are no dedicated servers and no map making tools then I'm not buying it.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShangTsung7

@dethtrain said:

Multiplayer has been popular since the early/mid 90s. Where have you been?

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

Fvk Titan Fall.

Multiplayer has been popular since the early/mid 90s. Where have you been? Quake 3 and UT were highly successful online "only" shooters (no real single player campaign, just bot matches).

I wouldn't get Titanfall for $60 though. I'd be getting it on a PC and if there are no dedicated servers and no map making tools then I'm not buying it.

i don't recall the Quake series being online only, i used to play those games back in the day and don't remember any online mp, in fact those games were awesome, sure you're not thinking of something else? :/

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Quake 3 was most certainly online "only". Didn't have a single player campaign but you can play with bots offline. I played Quake 3 extensively (and exclusively from 1999-2002). Quake 1 and quake 2 had single player campaigns

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Gonna wait to see how it turns out so undoubtedly not a day1 for me....

SoundwaveNLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoundwaveNLD

I hate the fact that they choose not to do an Singleplayer mode in the game. But hey, itÅ› a choice they made, a bold one in fact. Peeps don't wanna pay $60 for only Multiplayer. I only give TItanfall a try cause i found it at 43,- and Destiny is months away. No other really interesting game in the next few months. Still hate that there is no Singleplayer or even co-op with buddies.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShangTsung7

@dethtrain said:

Quake 3 was most certainly online "only". Didn't have a single player campaign but you can play with bots offline. I played Quake 3 extensively (and exclusively from 1999-2002). Quake 1 and quake 2 had single player campaigns

that might explain it then, i may have never played the 3rd game, its been a minute since those days, from what i remember of the Quake games they were epic and way ahead of their time, can't imagine why they would scrap the story mode tho, they had some great campaigns.

gamewithray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamewithray

I played the demo. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed as I thought I would be. Still worth buying, I'd say yes. It brings something new and exciting to the table.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#43 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

if I am getting this, it's going to be on PC. But i won't, becuase i have better games to play

SoundwaveNLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SoundwaveNLD

Titanfall is gonna have a tough one... Not the lots of love i expected....

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Destiny is made by bungie, creator of halo which is actually a good franchise, titanfall is being created by those who unleashed the craptastic yearly rehash that is cod into the gaming community and now every fps wants to follow, not to mention titanfall is made using source engine (even after all these years of cod they can't even use a new graphic engine?) and has bots and dumb auto headshot weapons, no thanks.

SoundwaveNLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SoundwaveNLD

@Krelian-co said:

Destiny is made by bungie, creator of halo which is actually a good franchise,

Destiny is a must buy compared to Titanfall, yessss... Destiny already looks amazing from the vids they released.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

It doesn't offer enough for me in terms of replay value. Maybe when it goes down in price and if there is still a strong community for it then I might consider it.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

I am definitely picking up Titan Fall....I just hope Respawn drops a ton of DLC to add value. ...

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

The game looks promising for what it is.

Shooters have been saturating the market for a while now, and in a way my taste has grown away from them.

That being said, I may just pick it up. On my pc that is.

steve427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By steve427
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I hope that people have a blast playing it, I wont. It should be half price since it's only half a game.