To everyone who played and loved the entire descent serier, I got a question for you.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

How did Descent 3's intro made you feel?

I was introduced to the series at D2, and though I never finished as a kid, I kept coming back to it.

When my dad got D3, I was psyched. When I saw the intro I knew how D2 ended, but I also found it very impactfull. A combination of music and narrative that treated the end of the Pyro GX as the passing of a character, gave me goosebumps, more so now that I understand it better.

Now, the spotlight's unto you.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Never really got into the Descent series, maybe I should.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: Yup, if you can get your hands on a copy of either, which is not all that hard. Descent 3 will run with no major problems on my win 7 system. 1 and 2 need either dosbox or the DXX Rebirth source code project thingy to run(DXX is suggested if you want a better time with the graphics and sound). All have aged pretty well.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Black_Knight_00

@PETERAKO said:

@Black_Knight_00: Yup, if you can get your hands on a copy of either, which is not all that hard. Descent 3 will run with no major problems on my win 7 system. 1 and 2 need either dosbox or the DXX Rebirth source code project thingy to run(DXX is suggested if you want a better time with the graphics and sound). All have aged pretty well.

Yeah, I'll give it a shot if it works. I was depressed that i could not run G-Police on windows 8 no matter what i did, and i'm too lazy to hook up my XP machine.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: G Police was SOOOOOOOO Hard! Back in the day my child mind cldnt handle it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@jwsoul said:

@Black_Knight_00: G Police was SOOOOOOOO Hard! Back in the day my child mind cldnt handle it.

Yeah it was hard as balls, i don't know how I managed to beat it back when I was 16.