Titanfall Xbox One Graphical Error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Hey everyone, I seem to be noticing something with the graphics on Titanfall, when I'm playing the game and move the camera around very quickly on certain objects there seems to be a blue/purple sort of trail (almost as if the picture is ghosting). This doesn't happen when you're standing still, only when you pan the camera around quickly, and only on certain objects like walls, rocks and panels.

I do play on a 60" TV so I'm not sure if I notice it more than others, but you have to really focus onto the screen to see it. I want to know if it's just the game or if it's something on my end, It's the only game that does this and I'm kinda stressing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Here is a video to the problem below, near the end you can see it a bit better by what I mean (it's still hard to see because of the poor quality, sorry didn't have anything better to use).

http://videobam.com/qfDZW

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Wait so to see this graphical error you need to look really really closely to actually find it. lol come on all games have errors it's how it is, when your playing you don't notice unless your looking for it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre

@bezza2011 said:

Wait so to see this graphical error you need to look really really closely to actually find it. lol come on all games have errors it's how it is, when your playing you don't notice unless your looking for it.

Sorry, I should of worded it a little better. I don't mean I sit really close to the TV like a few inches away to notice it, I mean you just notice it when focusing on the environment (maybe I'm too observant). I actually sit quite a few feet away from my TV and can still notice it, so I was wondering whether it's just the game.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bezza2011

Are we talking Xbox One or PC???

Because I think if it's Xbox One it will because of the size of your TV and the Res the game is at 792p I think it's at on XboxOne so on a 60in screen quick movements may break up the enviroment a bit more than a smaller TV because it has to stretch the pixals that much more

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre

@bezza2011: Yes, I'm playing on the Xbox One. Thanks for the reply, I guess after hearing that I'm glad the Titanfall developers want to up the resolution of the game with a patch. Apparently the goal is 900p or 1080p with no antialiasing (from reports anyway). Either way the game is very fun and I'm enjoying it.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bezza2011

@BattleSpectre: Yea I wouldn't worry it will just be the size of your TV and the Res they have put the game in, I'm 60fps is pretty quick and with 792p on a huge screen I'm pretty sure it's just that, just enjoy it like we all are, hopefully they change it.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

It's not the game, it's your tv. The LCD irises aren't closing fast enough when displaying dark colors. It's much, much worse on some tv's, like the 40" Hisense LCD that my wife bought for our bedroom. I swiftly replaced it with a 42" Haier...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre

@superclocked: With all due respect I don't think it's my TV, It's a not a cheap brand and in all the reviews I saw it was given a great review for gaming. It's the Samsung LED 1080p 200Hz 60" 7100 model. I highly doubt it's my TV causing the problem, as every other game I have played, have had no problems whatsoever. If it was the TV, wouldn't every game have the same issue when displaying dark colours? Killzone: Shadow Fall, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Fifa 14, Forza 5, Outlast and Assassins Creed 4 have had no such issues.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By superclocked

@BattleSpectre: Those particular colors may not be as prominent in those other games, but it's definitely the tv. All lcd's will have slight ghosting or smearing of certain dark colors when they're against light backgrounds. It's just more noticeable on some tv's and in certain color ranges. It's usually more noticeable on larger LCD's from my experience. No lcd has irises that move from open to closed position without actually opening and closing. There is always lag in that process, which is referred to as the pixel's "response time." Hell, the 40" Hisense that I smashed used a Samsung LCD, albeit one that Samsung likely wouldn't have put in their own tv's..

Try adjusting your various color and brightness settings in order to minimize the amount of on screen colors in the color range that smears on your LCD...

http://www.avforums.com/threads/solution-to-colour-smearing-clouding-bleeding-in-samsung-led-tvs.1808524/

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1240730/please-run-this-motion-trailing-smearing-test-on-your-lcd-tv-and-post-findings

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattleSpectre

@superclocked: Thanks for the help, just out of curiosity did you watch my video above showing the problem? I really don't want to fiddle with the settings when it might just be the games low resolution. Besides that, is there any settings you would recommend for this specific TV to fix the issue? As the ones in that topic I believe are a different model. My TV is the Samsung LED 7100. Thanks again, really appreciate it.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By superclocked

@BattleSpectre: Well, the XBox One upconverts the image from 792p to 1080p, so it's definitely not the lower resolution. I know that you have a very, very nice tv, but lcd's, especially large ones, are going to have some amount of ghosting. The larger the irises, the longer it takes them to open and close. It's unavoidable with lcd tech. They can improve the iris speed, but never eliminate the ghosting completely. It's barely noticeable on small lcd's, though, since the irises are so small. So, hopefully displays like the Oculus Rift won't have noticeable ghosting and smearing..

As for your settings, I would have to play games on that particular model, so I honestly can't say for sure. You're not going to break it by playing with the image settings though. There should be an option to reset them to factory settings if you're worried about changing anything, but I find it better to adjust things to my liking anyway. Go for it and see what happens. You may end up liking your settings better regardless of any ghosting..

And it's no problem btw :) I'm glad that I could help you out. I just wish that I could play with your tv settings myself and help you out a bit more...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre

@superclocked: I'd like to thank you so, so much once again. Now I finally know the true reason behind the problem and I can stop stressing. To be honest I'm a little upset, I spent $2,600AU (with extended 3 year warranty) for this TV and for it to let me down like this kinda blows you know. I guess I should be glad it's not happening on all my games, but who knows what other game will be affected in the future. Either way, I appreciate everything you've done to help answer my questions.

I have also tried playing around with my settings very quickly, and I can make the purple smudging very minimal but than the rest of the picture looks a little washed out. I guess I need to spend more time to find that perfect balance, so it's not all that bad I guess. Perhaps I buy you a plane ticket and you come over to help me out? haha. Cheers.