Titanfall worth buying this late in the year?

bazpaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 bazpaul
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi guys,

I've been circling around a few gaming sites for awhile and have always wanted to jump into a forum but never settled on one. Hopefully you guys here at Gamespot are a friendly bunch :)

Anyway - i'm a big FPS fan. I'm a bit of a Battlefield fan boy to be honest. Although the bf4 is not the best.

anyway............I just installed Titanfall with a free 48hr sneak peek from Origin and I like it! It's decent enough and a bit of fun for a few hours. However is it worth buying? It's currently 45pounds (uk) for the full game and i'm not convinced its worth it!

I believe all the DLCs have been released now so i'm wondering if the gamers will drop off over the next few weeks/months and the servers will be empty in 2015!

Maybe i'll keep my case for Far Cry 4 or the extortionately priced BF series!

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

It depends on your enjoyment of the game. I would suggest searching around the usual stores online as I expect you will find Titanfall is cheaper to buy on retail disk than via Origin if it is £45.

It is worth noting there is going to be another expansion of the game soon with a co-op horde mode style mode added to the game (I think for free, but I am not 100% sure on that). This may add to your enjoyment of the game and if you have friends who play it, it is a new mode for you all to start at the same time.

However, there is also the new Battlefield Hardline due out soon (the cops versus robbers game) which could also be up your street. Far Cry 4 also looks interesting,

My suggestion would be to go where your friends are if you play online with them, however, if you tend to go it alone, go with the game that best suites your enjoyment. I hope this helps.

KalSoletteX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KalSoletteX

@bazpaul: Well I tried the free, 2 day trial on Origin, and it bored the utter crap out of me. If you enjoy shooting a dude, and then some dude shooting you, repeated ad-nauseum, you'll probably love it. I don't want to play another of that type of game again in my life personally.

Also, there's very little content in the base game, so I hope you love DLC gouging! :)

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@kalsolettex said:

@bazpaul: Well I tried the free, 2 day trial on Origin, and it bored the utter crap out of me. If you enjoy shooting a dude, and then some dude shooting you, repeated ad-nauseum, you'll probably love it. I don't want to play another of that type of game again in my life personally.

Also, there's very little content in the base game, so I hope you love DLC gouging! :)

Don't listen to this guy, he has no idea what he's talking about. They are constantly adding new content, and the base game comes with almost 20 maps (if I remember correctly) which is pretty good. They add new game modes all the time for free, Marked for Death, Pilot Skirmish, and Frontier Defence are all awesome, with two more new game modes on the way.

They've also made several updates to the game as well, emblems for your titan, titan burn cards, generally things just keep getting better.

I would say if you can get a good price on it, buy it, I really enjoy it and still play occasionally. Although, once Sunset comes out I'll probably playing it less frequently. With so many epic games coming out is it worth it? That's what you have to decide.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

45 pounds ? Hoooollllyyyy shit !!! That's really expensive, we can get it here in Mexico for 30 dollars.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I'd like to say yes as it's an excellent game but I'm not sure how active it'll be with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo: Master Chief Collection, Grand Theft Auto V, and Dragon Age Inquisition all hitting in Nov.

KalSoletteX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KalSoletteX

@Crypt_mx: Sure I don't. i mean I only played the game. What would I know....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I get all my Mech Satisfaction from Lost Planet 2...

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#9 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

It's a fun game, but it doesn't have much going for it in terms of actual content. At least before the new co-op mode comes out. And even then....meh.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

i think its still worth it, i'm still trying to decide myself.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Microsoft is having a sale on the Xbox One version right now. The game is $25 and the Season Pass is $8.25. Definitely worth it at those prices.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#12  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Yeah, 1/5th of it will release this year.

While the full season will be out later next year on sale at 50%-75% off.

bazpaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bazpaul

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Yes i was also thinking a bit meh. BUT origin just slashed prices. The £45 version with season pass thrown in has dropped to £25 now. So I caved last night and bought it. I'll play it to death over the next month or two and then discard it for Far Cry 4 or Hardline.

there's nothing too special about the game but it will tie me over :0