Titanfall , insufficient content ?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

I'm considering getting this game , tbh after watching these Beta impressions on Youtube , i'm kinda doubtful now u know it's obviously a great addictive game but it doesn't seem to have a long-lasting content or even much customization , i know it's Beta n stuff but u know i kinda get that feeling that it's not gonna be as perfect as i thought.....

I'd like to know your impressions ...

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

Well considering we're only a month away from release and they're still completely unwilling to even discuss what content is in the game (despite pushing preorders hard) I'd say it's pretty safe to assume something is up. Rock Paper Shotgun also posted an interview with the Game Director Steve Fukuda where he basically says there's no modding or private server support for the PC version (while sounding like a complete EA puppet), so that sounds like a bare minimum effort PC port as well.

I'd stay well away from it until release, it's not like they're going to run out of copies. No doubt coverage for the game will be up on every site for the next month anyway, despite none having any actual info on what the **** is in the game. It's almost been painful to watch every site clamour for hits shilling this "most anticipated game" we know nothing about.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

the beta version they released has hardly anything in it compared to finished product, thats why they say "the following is not a representation of the final product" the beta is only 65% finished, all the little customisation perks come later in development. They wouldnt release a game as big as Titan-Fall without those common assests, trust me dude.

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts
@mesomorphin said:

the beta version they released has hardly anything in it compared to finished product, thats why they say "the following is not a representation of the final product" the beta is only 65% finished, all the little customisation perks come later in development. They wouldnt release a game as big as Titan-Fall without those common assests, trust me dude.

Why should anyone trust you? All of that is assumed. There has been no confirmation there'll be any customisation stuff bar the loadouts we already know. I'm sure there'll be more maps and modes, but we have no idea how many since they won't say anything about it. All we know is it'll have at least 2 maps, 3 modes and 3 titans. As for being "65% complete", that's utter rubbish, the game launches in a month, it's already gone gold! The 'beta' is just a glorified demo.

We already know they'll be selling DLC so the real question is what is included in the game to begin with, a question neither Respawn or EA want to answer.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@barrybarryk said:

@mesomorphin said:

Why should anyone trust you? All of that is assumed. There has been no confirmation there'll be any customisation stuff bar the loadouts we already know. I'm sure there'll be more maps and modes, but we have no idea how many since they won't say anything about it. All we know is it'll have at least 2 maps, 3 modes and 3 titans. As for being "65% complete", that's utter rubbish, the game launches in a month, it's already gone gold! The 'beta' is just a glorified demo.

We already know they'll be selling DLC so the real question is what is included in the game to begin with, a question neither Respawn or EA want to answer.

Wow....you do release the beta they released was months upon months old...ahaha you didn't actually think that they released a version of it that was one month far from completion did you? I'am not going to try convince you, believe what you will.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'm not convinced all the points which respawn have been saying all lead to a very short content game, esp when it's a month away and there not even sharing anything other than it's a online 6v6 shooter with mechs, i mean seriously they ain't selling nothing by doing that but pushing pre-orders, i honestly think it won't have much in it, and thats how it is for now, just to get them pre orders in.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mjorh

@barrybarryk said:

Well considering we're only a month away from release and they're still completely unwilling to even discuss what content is in the game (despite pushing preorders hard) I'd say it's pretty safe to assume something is up. Rock Paper Shotgun also posted an interview with the Game Director Steve Fukuda where he basically says there's no modding or private server support for the PC version (while sounding like a complete EA puppet), so that sounds like a bare minimum effort PC port as well.

I'd stay well away from it until release, it's not like they're going to run out of copies. No doubt coverage for the game will be up on every site for the next month anyway, despite none having any actual info on what the **** is in the game. It's almost been painful to watch every site clamour for hits shilling this "most anticipated game" we know nothing about.

This is almost what i've thought about game so far .

@mesomorphin said:

Yeah i know what u mean , the thing is i don't know much about a game which is gonna get released in about a month! this is just frustrating , i don't understand why they're just hiding everything , it's a little bit fishy u know what kinda marketing is this ? we have every right to know what's going on n what content the game has n based on those stuff a final decision should be made n as u know they're asking 60 bucks for just a multiplayer without any single player whatsoever and they don't even say anything about the story of the game which sounds lame ...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mjorh

@bezza2011 said:

I'm not convinced all the points which respawn have been saying all lead to a very short content game, esp when it's a month away and there not even sharing anything other than it's a online 6v6 shooter with mechs, i mean seriously they ain't selling nothing by doing that but pushing pre-orders, i honestly think it won't have much in it, and thats how it is for now, just to get them pre orders in.

Yeah , the marketing is what they're actually worry about , they know that this game is hard to market ....

+

I could be wrong n i wish the game turns out to be a perfect one with full content but i don't accept this manner....

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@mjorh said:

@bezza2011 said:

Yeah , the marketing is what they're actually worry about , they know that this game is hard to market ....

+

I could be wrong n i wish the game turns out to be a perfect one with full content but i don't accept this manner....

That's the thing how is this game not hard to market and from what angry joe says in his impressions video, that he tried to talk to them just about how the story will work and a month to go they couldn't answer him properly he was like no wonder it's hard to market I mean i honestly believe something is up on the content side of things, i think it's lacking, strange how there pushing sales on pre orders and yet cannot reveal any basic information except it's a new take on first person shooters and it has mechs lol, we have nothing else to go on lol.

could be completely wrong tho

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@barrybarryk:

As for being "65% complete", that's utter rubbish, the game launches in a month, it's already gone gold! The 'beta' is just a glorified demo.

Maybe, but "going gold" doesn't mean what it used to mean in the console world. There's always a day one patch with multiplayer games anymore...at least it seems so. You can guarantee Respawn is still tweaking the code as we speak. And it's fairly common for a dev to release an older game build to its beta testers. If all they're trying to do is stress test, it makes sense to withhold a lot of the game content...it also makes sense from the standpoint of trying to prevent competitive advantages for those beta testers when the game goes live. We'll see. I don't see myself buying it, anyway.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

It is rather bizarre that there is little information regarding the content of the game. For something that is online only, what are gamers getting for 60$? I have a feeling this is going to be yet another EA launch disaster. I've also got a bad feeling that it will be completely milked for map packs, titan packs, weapon packs etc (Day 1) as micro-transactions giving paying customers a barebones video game.

I mean, at least explain the universe/lore that the game takes place in?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mjorh

Yeah as i said .......it's all "NOTHING" !
Have no choice but to wait .....

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

@barrybarryk said:

I agree with this 100% I played the PC beta, the game plays cool but if they only have 1 assault rifle 1 submachine gun 1 sniper rifle and 3 Titans, and low map count they gonna have hard time selling me this game.

I thought being Multiplayer only game meant that they focus on bringing rich multiplayer content. I am not seeing that here.

I even went back to watch previous videos of the game on youtube and all they show is Angel City Map with same weapons in beta.

If they believed in their content they wouldn't hide it 1 month before release. Something is definitely up with this game. I suggest do not pre order and wait for reviews and then buy the game.