Titanfall = Garbage, why all the coverage?? -beta player

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

invizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By invizo
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts

Titanfall

- An online FPS with only 6v6 combat but uses DOTA2-style bots to make it all feel like 30v30.

I honestly could not find anything redeeming out of this title, it played like a BF4 but now you have to farm NPCs/mobs/Bots; what kind of casual horseshit is this? Why not make it 30v30 humans? Because they couldn't and this is the best they could do.

The only redeeming thing was that it played in 60FPS 1440P Ultra flawlessly. Gameplay was ugh.

edit: Ultimately this game will feel like a grind, their is no redeeming feeling of having 1000s of bots kills under your belt just to kill a human player. The effect works well in DOTA2 but I doubt it has the same effect here

devantechisolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 devantechisolm  Staff
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

All the coverage is because its something new coming to a console that barely has anything yet. Lots of next-gen games are gonna get this time of attention is the coming months.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

you want 60 human players and 60 mechs running around at once?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

# of players != quality.

I loved me some MAG, but not many people agreed.

I'm having a blast with the beta.. I think I've put in ~15 hours after yesterdays marathon session..

I just hope it doesn't end up like Payday 2 where I burn myself out.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

because we could be talking about all the other big-pedigree, highly anticipated titles coming out in the next couple months instead, like...uh..the one with the thing...and that other one, whatsitcalled.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Money!

numbes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By numbes
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts

i did have a small amount of hope for this despite hating the whole idea of mechs but it is crap 6v6 is not a problem at all the best multiplayer fps game i have played since bf3 is loadout 4v4

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I'm not an admirer of the Infinity Ward school of design, but it would be surprising if an original multiplayer game from the people that made Modern Warfare (which made CoD the biggest franchise of the last gen) wasn't getting a ton and a half of coverage.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

i agree, i am sick to death of hearing about this no story mode having, online only, lackluster lame ass multi-sh!t fest i'll never go anywhere near.. their are plenty of games that deserve this much attention but Titanfall is certainly NOT one of them.. seriously i wish they would stfu about this pos already.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts
@shangtsung7 said:

i agree, i am sick to death of hearing about this no story mode having, online only, lackluster lame ass multi-sh!t fest i'll never go anywhere near.. their are plenty of games that deserve this much attention but Titanfall is certainly NOT one of them.. seriously i wish they would stfu about this pos already.

It does have a story, and it's told in the multiplayer. It's doing something different.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@S0lidSnake said:

Why not?

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:
@shangtsung7 said:

It does have a story, and it's told in the multiplayer. It's doing something different.

what story could they possibly tell with an online deathmatch only game!? lmfao!! omg this is i wanna hear..

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:
@shangtsung7 said:

what story could they possibly tell with an online deathmatch only game!? lmfao!! omg this is i wanna hear..

Why don't you play the game instead of bitching about it?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I admit that I'm not the intended audience for Titanfall. I'm not much for multiplayer games, and I'm too old for twitch gameplay because my reaction times are dulled and slow compared to younger players.

But damn if it isn't fun anyway. I have been having a nasty flare up of tendonitis so I've only barely been able to play the beta. But what time I've spent with it has been enjoyable. Admittedly it's probably less than an hour all told, but still. Fun is fun. And Titanfall is fun.

I've enjoyed every Halo game's multiplayer and many of those matches were 4v4. For someone like me, more people in each match just means more bullets to punish my mistakes, so I'm actually pleased with the 6v6. Though I can understand the desire to have a bigger battlefield.

Titans are fun to pilot. That's really all that it comes down to for me. Thanks to the beta, I may actually pick this game up now. I'm sure I won't get as much play out of it as a lot of people will. I never stick with multiplayer games for too long. But I've spent $60 on worse.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShangTsung7

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:
@shangtsung7 said:

because i prefer playing "REAL" video games, not running around like a jackass shooting at a group of pimple faced kids online in an endless cycle, that isn't gaming imo..

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I still have yet to find a post that actually has a good arguement for why this game sucks. Instead everyone is just copying what everyone else is saying. 6v6 isn't a low player count, you stole that opinion from someone else and decided to make it your own. I have a hard time believing that there are a large amount of players that actually care about the player count. Almost every major shooter in the past decade has had 6v6, 8v8, 5v5, etc. I don't understand why Titan Fall is singled out for this.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

EA must be paying a fortune to promote this game. Every fucking gaming website has TitanFall all over the front page. Personally I could care less I hate generic shooter crap.

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#18 gba1989
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

(insert platforming game here) meets (insert FPS here) meets (insert mech games here) with sv_gravity 20 settings(or maybe less).

Don't mean it in a bad way, it's actually quite good for a generic multplayer game. They should've added some Portal element into it or maybe a Super Mario theme or whatever to make it more crazily fun.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Why not?

have you played the beta? It's already way too hectic. A mech can get destroyed in less than 10 seconds out in the open.

I have also played the 256 players MAG which smartly kept players in a 32v32 area most of the time, AND it didn't have any automatic mechs running around. Even if you were in vehicles, one of the 64 players would be driving it. Same with Battlefield which keeps players in different parts of massive maps and does not have any automatic jets.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@S0lidSnake said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Why not?

have you played the beta? It's already way too hectic. A mech can get destroyed in less than 10 seconds out in the open.

I have also played the 256 players MAG which smartly kept players in a 32v32 area most of the time, AND it didn't have any automatic mechs running around. Even if you were in vehicles, one of the 64 players would be driving it. Same with Battlefield which keeps players in different parts of massive maps and does not have any automatic jets.

True, but the bots are cannon fodder

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I'm ok with the 6v6, but why add bots?

The only thing I could think of is that they need big maps because of the mechs, but not having bots would make it feel sparse.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@Grieverr said:

The only thing I could think of is that they need big maps because of the mechs, but not having bots would make it feel sparse.

The bots are there to give you something to shoot at

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShangTsung7

Titanfall in a nut shell = my gun go shoot pew pew!

i hate sounding like a dick but seriously guys why are games like this entertaining? TO ANYONE??? are todays gamers really that easily amused? here's an idea, dust off an old nes, bring out the zapper and play Duck Hunt! trust me its the exact same thing! the ONLY real difference aside from the graphics is the targets look like birds and don't shoot back.. *sigh* the only thing more depressing than witnessing todays wasted technology is seeing all the people who eat it up without question and ask for seconds. :(

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Grieverr said:

You seem to be missing the point. If you spend the whole time shooting at bots not only will your team lose but you'll get shot in the back of the head. The bots are tools to let you get your mech faster. The point isn't to exclusively kill them. Without a mechanism to vary and control mech spawn times it would get boring. 'Is my mech here yet? Oh no I guess not.' This way you have more control and multiple options of what to do at any time. I mean, you can run around killing bots if you want, but you'll end up in last place on a losing team.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I had a terrific time playing the beta and can fully see why this game is getting all the hype, it deserves it. The game is fast-paced, fluid gameplay, looks pretty darn good, and is a blast to play. The whole 6 vs. 6 thing fits the game perfectly, anymore and it'd be a mess. I can see how some kind of story could easily be woven into the game even though it's online only. I'll definately be picking this up for the Xbox One as soon as it comes out and I'll put in numerous hours of fun game time and that's all that I ask of any game I get whether it be singl-player, multiplayer, online only, or whatever. I'm so pumped for March 11th to get here.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Its pretty good so far, stop hating man.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Last_Ride

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Grieverr said:

You seem to be missing the point. If you spend the whole time shooting at bots not only will your team lose but you'll get shot in the back of the head. The bots are tools to let you get your mech faster. The point isn't to exclusively kill them. Without a mechanism to vary and control mech spawn times it would get boring. 'Is my mech here yet? Oh no I guess not.' This way you have more control and multiple options of what to do at any time. I mean, you can run around killing bots if you want, but you'll end up in last place on a losing team.

Doesn't change the that the bots are pretty much cannon fodder

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MethodManFTW

@shangtsung7 said:

i hate sounding like a dick but seriously guys why are games like this entertaining? TO ANYONE??? are todays gamers really that easily amused? here's an idea, dust off an old nes, bring out the zapper and play Duck Hunt! trust me its the exact same thing! the ONLY real difference aside from the graphics is the targets look like birds and don't shoot back.. *sigh* the only thing more depressing than witnessing todays wasted technology is seeing all the people who eat it up without question and ask for seconds. :(

I know! It's so weird different people like different things!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MethodManFTW

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Grieverr said:

Yeah they are, they are best used strategically though.. You can have them lead into a hardpoint location and see what happens to them.. You can find out enemy locations from grunts a lot. Though I still don't understand all the complaining about people "just farming bots"... They are only useful in one game mode (attrition) and if you want to go effectively a man down in any mode you are probably gonna get stomped.

numbes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 numbes
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts

it is fairly solid and in a market where cod has not changed in a decade and the battlefield series has moved to being completely broken i see why many are excited for it but it is no revolution

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:

@shangtsung7 said:

@huerito323 said:
@shangtsung7 said:

because i prefer playing "REAL" video games, not running around like a jackass shooting at a group of pimple faced kids online in an endless cycle, that isn't gaming imo..

I would love to see a list of your so called "real video games." I'm sure many people here could talk shit about games you like and call you names.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

I'm sick of " Titanfall is awesome " Titanfall is garbage" shit!

Have to wait for reviews ....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

it played like a BF4 but now you have to farm NPCs/mobs/Bots;

I'm not sure I played the same game as you.

What I played was like a mix of Tribes and COD, with giant Mechs thrown in the mix. I also have no idea why one would have to farm NPS or bots.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

It must really ruin your day that someone could have an enjoyable time playing something that you haven't played, and will never play to your own admission. So tell me, how does anybody playing this game make you playing your 'real games' any less enjoyable?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Grieverr said:

Yeah they are, they are best used strategically though.. You can have them lead into a hardpoint location and see what happens to them.. You can find out enemy locations from grunts a lot. Though I still don't understand all the complaining about people "just farming bots"... They are only useful in one game mode (attrition) and if you want to go effectively a man down in any mode you are probably gonna get stomped.

I just don't get what's so special about this game though, but that's just me. Everyone seems to be going apesh!t over this game

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#38 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

You can't find anything redeeming about the fact you can pilot mechs?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MethodManFTW

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Grieverr said:

I just don't get what's so special about this game though, but that's just me. Everyone seems to be going apesh!t over this game

It is just really fun. You should of played the beta on PC!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Last_Ride

@huerito323 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Grieverr said:

You're a Sony fanboy, you're not allowed to go apeshit over it. Your mind is programmed to make you NOT like it.

I do own a pc mate... I can still buy it for that or even buy it for my 360... Yes, i do own a 360...

invizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By invizo
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

Hahahahaha you all been fooled this is troll thread, the guy hasn't even played it, honestly if players in BF4 moved the way you can in titanfall then BF4 would be an even better game, stop being fooled, every person who has played the beta has absolutely loved it so don't be fooled. i'm a sony man myself but this game does look good and it's going to change the face of fps games forever and i'm glad about that, i just hope cod runs it's course i mean seriously there doing a yearly swap with which team does which cod game that year,

WTF? I am a BF veteran at heart and BF3 was a minor disappointment to me while BF4 is a major disappointment to me. Everything past COD4 is dead to me as well.

All of those games follow the same BF2/COD4 formula and haven't evolved since.

Titanfall is a change.... in the WRONG direction, SIMPLISTIC GOALS, SIMPLISTIC MINDLESS KILLING OF BOTS, 0 STORY, 0 COMMUNITY FEEL, GRIND GRIND GRIND.

It looked pretty and it ran great, leave it at that. If you are a console player that just bought your PS4/XONE then you have been living under a rock for a very long time, so those people won't see this as a step backwards for the genre, but instead a step forward.

edit: Morrowind vs Skyrim vs Oblivion

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Differences_Between_Morrowind,_Oblivion,_and_Skyrim

This sums up the direction our gaming industry is heading, SIMPLE, EASY, and CASUAL.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

@shangtsung7 said:

@dotWithShoes said:

@shangtsung7 said:

It must really ruin your day that someone could have an enjoyable time playing something that you haven't played, and will never play to your own admission. So tell me, how does anybody playing this game make you playing your 'real games' any less enjoyable?

because all you online multi-groupies have made the industry so that there are no "real" games anymore, just mindless penis measuring contests on the interwebs between feeble minded high strung kiddies with way too much time on their hands.

people like myself have NOTHING new to play anymore cause every last game that comes out is catered towards you guys and your annoying multiplayer crap.. rather than being all piss and vinegar about somebody having the balls to complain, why don't you put yourself in my place and imagine if the situation were reversed, wouldn't you be just a tiny bit upset about it? whenever i want to play a game i have two options, bring out my ps2 or re-play the same old ass games i've beaten over a hundred times! thats it, thats all i get.. all because i'm not into online mp, so tell me, how would you feel?

Man you are quite the whiner. Check out the indie stuff that's coming out on Pc. There's a lot of fun, singleplayer oriented stuff coming out.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

The hype probably is a bit overblown. But now that the beta is out and critics and consumers are both saying the hype is legit means something. Also, saying the entire game is lessened because of the bot mechanic doesn't make sense. Everything is in the game for a reason.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

As a PC gamer, I haven't really bothered to research what "Titanfall" is but I'm kind of sick of hearing about it so much.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

The hype probably is a bit overblown. But now that the beta is out and critics and consumers are both saying the hype is legit means something. Also, saying the entire game is lessened because of the bot mechanic doesn't make sense. Everything is in the game for a reason.

Listen it's just my opinion, i just don't like the look or the concept of the game. I am not stopping anyone from buying it. I just don't see the big deal with this game

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#47  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Titanfall is good, but the game was done better a long time ago with Battlefield 2142.

Total_mischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 Total_mischief
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

Solid controls, good gameplay between the pilots and the mechs, nice freerunning-ish thing going on. Kinda like Brink but not broken. I think it's a solid multiplayer FPS, the AI needs reworking though. Otherwise it's a balanced shooter, that nicely fits in what passes for fastpace nowadays. From the beta it's nothing mindblowing, but pretty entertaining.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

The last multiplayer shooter I put any time into was World at War, only 160 hours total.

Almost all of that time was 32 v 32 on dedicated servers, not 8 v 8 or less trash like the console games have these days, what they did to Modern Warfare 3 was disgusting, I only owned it as it was a gift bought with a sale discount.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I very much enjoyed the Titanfall beta. I can't wait for the actual game to come out.

It adds a lot to your standard FPS, with so many different ways to play, often changing several times during a match.

I'm hoping the final product has a co-op mode. Also, I do think that Respawn missed an opportunity to make an original, creative single-player campaign. I'm interested to see how they weave single-player aspects into the multiplayer.