Titanfall beta not 1080p

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

I thought it was a timed exclusive? Seeing what DR3 and Forza 5 look like I think it will end up surprising. Because it was delayed this far after launch I think it will be worth it. I just hope they figure out better ways of developing for the Xbone. There has to be a way for them to improve the resolutions.

#52 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@CarnageHeart:

Lol My god Carnage. How can one person be so wrong in one post. Shades of Alex.

There is ONE lock on gun in the game and that too is a pistol that fires so fast you are better off shooting people instead of waiting for it to lock THREE times for a kill.

There is no way you can farm the AI kills and win the game without getting obliterated by the other team. Mechs and Pilot action is still the best way to earn points and since they are everywhere in an insanely hectic map, you can go around finding enemy A.Is to kill without running into a human player every 5 seconds.

This is THE most skill based shooter I have ever played. And I have played almost every major shooter in the last decade or so. The platforming alone requires a lot of skill navigating the environment trying to get to a better position. If anyone gets the drop on you, you can always jump, double jump, wall run out of there. Hell there are even defensive skills like stealth camo that you can activate for a couple of seconds.

Mechs need even more skill to survive. You can dash, consume bullets, and gang up on enemies instead of simply heading into battle solo like you would on CoD and other shitty games. It’s about outmaneuvering your opponent instead of just pumping bullets into them.

Your analysis of this game is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

#53 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart:

There is ONE lock on gun in the game and that too is a pistol that fires so fast you are better off shooting people instead of waiting for it to lock THREE times for a kill.

There is no way you can farm the AI kills and win the game without getting obliterated by the other team. Mechs and Pilot action is still the best way to earn points and since they are everywhere in an insanely hectic map, you can go around finding enemy A.Is to kill without running into a human player every 5 seconds.

This is THE most skill based shooter I have ever played. And I have played almost every major shooter in the last decade or so. The platforming alone requires a lot of skill navigating the environment trying to get to a better position. If anyone gets the drop on you, you can always jump, double jump, wall run out of there. Hell there are even defensive skills like stealth camo that you can activate for a couple of seconds.

Mechs need even more skill to survive. You can dash, consume bullets, and gang up on enemies instead of simply heading into battle solo like you would on CoD and other shitty games. It’s about outmaneuvering your opponent instead of just pumping bullets into them.

Carnage, I rarely if at all agree with Solid. But his analysis is accurate for the most part. I do not agree with his notion that TF has revolutioized the FPS genre. However, he has done a fair job at describing the game play.

The Lock pistol and lock on Titan cannons are the only weapons that do this. Neither means guarenteed hits on an enemy Titan or Pilot. With the Titans, you cannot just sit still exchange fire and be ok. You have to dodge, aim accuratelty AND keep an eye on your surroundings so you are not ambushed by a Pilot or mulitple Pilots.

#54 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart:

You defending a piece of shit Xbone game reminds me of Alex :).

Face it, its not bad analysis, its perfectly accurate analysis of a shit game. In fact, it doesn't even rise to the level of analysis, its just taking the word of the designers and people who have played the game extensively.

If the controls/movement are great, that's well, great, its too bad they messed up the purity of the multiplayer experience with crappy AI designed to please noobs and allow everyone to rack up kills.

*Shrugs* If an autotargetting pistol and a bunch of brainless AI bots (with special vulnerability to said pistol to make farming easier) running around a multiplayer arena doesn't strike you as problematic, suit yourself.

Like I said, Respawn understands the CoD crowd and CoD has never been about balance, so maybe this crap sandwich will prove appetizing to the CoD crowd.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/9/5292474/titanfall-maps-can-be-packed-with-nearly-50-combatants-including-ai

They're meant to serve several different functions. On one level, the AI characters are there as fodder for players who simply aren't good enough to kill other player-controlled characters. They also serve as an easier way to load up on the experience needed to call in a Titan. And they're meant to provide a sort of backstory and narrative to a game lacking any sort of single-player element.

Essentially, they're there so everyone has a chance to feel like a hero, no matter how good or bad they are.

-----------

http://www.edge-online.com/features/respawn-on-titanfall-and-breaking-free-of-call-of-dutys-spawn-die-spawn-die-loop/

“AI grunts keep that quick time-to-kill feedback loop,” says McCoy. “When you can kill three guys in eight seconds, that’s good – but when you’re on the other side of that, it’s not. If you run into a group of AI [units] you can take them out, and you still have that gameplay loop of doing things, achieving things, killing people.”

Respawn rejects the word ‘bot’ for its AI units, but like all bots, Titanfall’s grunts are terrible in concept – a legion of semi-coordinated goons – except here, they work so well that Titanfall wouldn’t be Titanfall without them. “They’re not bots,” says McCoy. “They’re not meant as a human replacement. They’re a different class of people. Pilots are these super-awesome soldiers that have the gear to do double jumps, the weapons to take down Titans, but the AI are the low-level guys that are always on the ground – they’re not double-jumping and they’re really weak, but the purpose they serve design-wise is multifaceted. They show new players where to go. And once they start fighting, they’re usually fighting other AI because all the experienced players are fighting on walls and rooftops. New players start getting kills on AI, when usually in multiplayer games they’re getting completely whacked.”

-----------------

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/5411402/titanfall-is-the-perfect-game-for-people-who-are-terrible-at-first

The one-hit kills only register on Grunts, Titanfall’s take on creeps from the MOBA genre; it takes multiple shots to take down player-controlled pilots.

The gun does lock onto its target, and the large area being swept for targets makes it easy for beginners to gain kills, but it takes a non-trivial amount of time to gain multiple locks on pilots. You have to be sneaky, close to the target and willing to hang around for more than enough time for the target to turn around and paint a nearby wall with your brains. This is a weapon that requires stealth and the element of surprise.

It's also not an all-powerful solution for people who can’t, or don’t want to, learn how to aim with a "proper" weapon, but it does provide a way forward for players who know how to think tactically without mastering the mechanical skills needed to always go for the headshot, or the steady hands needed to sneak up for the melee kill.

The smart gun also makes it easy to farm Grunts, which are worth one point compared to the four you get from killing human enemies in the game’s Attrition mode, giving new players a fun and interesting way to pad their team’s score.

#55 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart:

Face it, its not bad analysis, its perfectly accurate analysis of a shit game. In fact, it doesn't even rise to the level of analysis, its just taking the word of the designers and people who have played the game extensively.

If the controls/movement are great, that's well, great, its too bad they messed up the purity of the multiplayer experience with crappy AI designed to please noobs and allow everyone to rack up kills.

*Shrugs* If an autotargetting pistol and a bunch of brainless AI bots (with special vulnerability to said pistol to make farming easier) running around a multiplayer arena doesn't strike you as problematic, suit yourself.

Like I said, Respawn understands the CoD crowd and CoD has never been about balance, so maybe this crap sandwich will prove appetizing to the CoD crowd.

lol piece of shit game. And they accuse me of hyperbole. ;p

The game got 75 awards from E3 critics alone. The response from the beta has been extremely positive as well. Why would everyone love a piece of shit game?

As I mentioned earlier, you can link and read previews all you want, but playing the game is different. You simply wont have time to go around the map hunting for these guys without running into someone else first. You will die repeatedly. I have seen people with 30-40 grunt kills and they still stay at the bottom of the leaderboards. Fighting mechs and pilots is the meat of the game and you get rewarded handsomely for them.

The auto gun farming is not a problem precisely because it wont work on pilots who can jump, double jump and wall run making it next to impossible to maintain the lock for three rounds. So you will have to switch from your rifle putting you at a disadvantage anytime you encounter a human enemy.

I have played the game for over 10 hours this past weekend alone. Why not take my word for it? Hell, I’ve played more MP games than anyone writing those previews. I have over 150 hours in KZ3, BLOPS 2, MAG, KZ2, Uncharted 2. And around 50 hours in most CoD games, KZSF, Warhawk, Resistance and a few BF games. I know when a shooter is broken and this is not it.

The only real issue with the grunts is that they look too much like the human pilots which makes it tough to separate enemies who will go down in fewer bullets.

P.S I am planning a trip to D.C. What’s the best mode of transportation there for a tourist? I am wondering if I should bother renting a car. Parking is insanely expensive in big cities and if the public transportation is good (like NYC) then I’d rather not spend an extra $200 renting a car.

#56 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake:

*Shrugs* I never got the appeal of CoD (which until recently got very high scores from reviewers). Like I've said for years, it cements dominance by giving perks to more experienced players and superweapons to the deadliest players in a round.

Win or lose, I like my multiplayer games competitive (I prefer being on the losing side of a close, hard fought battle to being on the winning side of a baserape).

Where people who grunt farm stand on the leaderboards doesn't really matter, the problem is that grunt farming can determine who wins close games.

As for getting around in DC, if you're just staying in the city and hitting tourist sites, the Metro is fine (trains are reliable, buses less so).

#57 Edited by The_Last_Ride (73524 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride:

I thought it was a timed exclusive? Seeing what DR3 and Forza 5 look like I think it will end up surprising. Because it was delayed this far after launch I think it will be worth it. I just hope they figure out better ways of developing for the Xbone. There has to be a way for them to improve the resolutions.

I mean it might be, but it's not been announced for any other console so far. As long as that is the case it is an exclusive. Guacamelee on the other hand has become a timed exclusive for Sony and coming to X1

#59 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Carnage entered his final troll form! :P

#60 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/9/5292474/titanfall-maps-can-be-packed-with-nearly-50-combatants-including-ai

They're meant to serve several different functions. On one level, the AI characters are there as fodder for players who simply aren't good enough to kill other player-controlled characters. They also serve as an easier way to load up on the experience needed to call in a Titan. And they're meant to provide a sort of backstory and narrative to a game lacking any sort of single-player element.

Essentially, they're there so everyone has a chance to feel like a hero, no matter how good or bad they are.

-----------

http://www.edge-online.com/features/respawn-on-titanfall-and-breaking-free-of-call-of-dutys-spawn-die-spawn-die-loop/

“AI grunts keep that quick time-to-kill feedback loop,” says McCoy. “When you can kill three guys in eight seconds, that’s good – but when you’re on the other side of that, it’s not. If you run into a group of AI [units] you can take them out, and you still have that gameplay loop of doing things, achieving things, killing people.”

Respawn rejects the word ‘bot’ for its AI units, but like all bots, Titanfall’s grunts are terrible in concept – a legion of semi-coordinated goons – except here, they work so well that Titanfall wouldn’t be Titanfall without them. “They’re not bots,” says McCoy. “They’re not meant as a human replacement. They’re a different class of people. Pilots are these super-awesome soldiers that have the gear to do double jumps, the weapons to take down Titans, but the AI are the low-level guys that are always on the ground – they’re not double-jumping and they’re really weak, but the purpose they serve design-wise is multifaceted. They show new players where to go. And once they start fighting, they’re usually fighting other AI because all the experienced players are fighting on walls and rooftops. New players start getting kills on AI, when usually in multiplayer games they’re getting completely whacked.”

-----------------

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/5411402/titanfall-is-the-perfect-game-for-people-who-are-terrible-at-first

The one-hit kills only register on Grunts, Titanfall’s take on creeps from the MOBA genre; it takes multiple shots to take down player-controlled pilots.

The gun does lock onto its target, and the large area being swept for targets makes it easy for beginners to gain kills, but it takes a non-trivial amount of time to gain multiple locks on pilots. You have to be sneaky, close to the target and willing to hang around for more than enough time for the target to turn around and paint a nearby wall with your brains. This is a weapon that requires stealth and the element of surprise.

It's also not an all-powerful solution for people who can’t, or don’t want to, learn how to aim with a "proper" weapon, but it does provide a way forward for players who know how to think tactically without mastering the mechanical skills needed to always go for the headshot, or the steady hands needed to sneak up for the melee kill.

The smart gun also makes it easy to farm Grunts, which are worth one point compared to the four you get from killing human enemies in the game’s Attrition mode, giving new players a fun and interesting way to pad their team’s score.

Carnage you should defintely read this article from Kotaku on TitanFall.....It gives a different perspective.

http://kotaku.com/the-titanfall-hype-explained-1524388082

On a side note I have been meaning to ask you your thoughts on the Jay Gruden hire.

#61 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart said:

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart:

lol piece of shit game. And they accuse me of hyperbole. ;p

The game got 75 awards from E3 critics alone. The response from the beta has been extremely positive as well. Why would everyone love a piece of shit game?

As I mentioned earlier, you can link and read previews all you want, but playing the game is different. You simply wont have time to go around the map hunting for these guys without running into someone else first. You will die repeatedly. I have seen people with 30-40 grunt kills and they still stay at the bottom of the leaderboards. Fighting mechs and pilots is the meat of the game and you get rewarded handsomely for them.

The auto gun farming is not a problem precisely because it wont work on pilots who can jump, double jump and wall run making it next to impossible to maintain the lock for three rounds. So you will have to switch from your rifle putting you at a disadvantage anytime you encounter a human enemy.

I have played the game for over 10 hours this past weekend alone. Why not take my word for it? Hell, I’ve played more MP games than anyone writing those previews. I have over 150 hours in KZ3, BLOPS 2, MAG, KZ2, Uncharted 2. And around 50 hours in most CoD games, KZSF, Warhawk, Resistance and a few BF games. I know when a shooter is broken and this is not it.

The only real issue with the grunts is that they look too much like the human pilots which makes it tough to separate enemies who will go down in fewer bullets.

P.S I am planning a trip to D.C. What’s the best mode of transportation there for a tourist? I am wondering if I should bother renting a car. Parking is insanely expensive in big cities and if the public transportation is good (like NYC) then I’d rather not spend an extra $200 renting a car.

Solid...I live 20 minutes outside of D.C. If you are staying in the City, Metro Rail (subway) is your best bet to get around. Or a quick cab ride. Parking in DC is tricky at times especially during rush hour.

#62 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

@dvader654 said:

Carnage entered his final troll form! :P

I love it :P Everything is sourced though so its not really like he's making shit up. I'm heading to a friends house soon to try the game out, looks fun.

P.S. I went to Chicago with a rented car and barely paid for parking at all, granted we had to get creative at times and there was some walking to do but it saved us so much money.

#63 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@Areez:

In terms of the bots, Kotaku seems to be saying the same thing as everybody else.

There's a lot of action going on in a Titanfall multiplayer match, but not all of it is controlled by human players. Each team gets a group of computer-controlled teammates. Enemy fodder in the form of grunt AI means that less skilled players can keep up with everyone else. You're not stuck watching kill cams of people demolishing you with far superior weapons, realizing it'll take you ages before you can level up enough to get your hands on one of those.

Actually, at least in the beta, a lot of the cool attachments require you to kill bots to unlock. TBH I'm kinda bothered by it, if only because it just takes so damn many kills to get some stuff. The holo sight for the SMG, for example, takes 100 grunt kills. Not 100 AI kills, 100 kills of a specific type of AI.

As for Gruben, we'll see. Inbetween Snyder (who likes to interfere, though he seems to be mellowing) and RGIII (whose tendency to run, get injured and play injured might make for a short career) he's in a tough spot.

#64 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24018 posts) -

so?

#65 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

@CarnageHeart:

@CarnageHeart said:

@Areez:

In terms of the bots, Kotaku seems to be saying the same thing as everybody else.

There's a lot of action going on in a Titanfall multiplayer match, but not all of it is controlled by human players. Each team gets a group of computer-controlled teammates. Enemy fodder in the form of grunt AI means that less skilled players can keep up with everyone else. You're not stuck watching kill cams of people demolishing you with far superior weapons, realizing it'll take you ages before you can level up enough to get your hands on one of those.

Actually, at least in the beta, a lot of the cool attachments require you to kill bots to unlock. TBH I'm kinda bothered by it, if only because it just takes so damn many kills to get some stuff. The holo sight for the SMG, for example, takes 100 grunt kills. Not 100 AI kills, 100 kills of a specific type of AI.

As for Gruben, we'll see. Inbetween Snyder (who likes to interfere, though he seems to be mellowing) and RGIII (whose tendency to run, get injured and play injured might make for a short career) he's in a tough spot.

Yes but they are explaining the method behind the madnss of the bots. Which in reality do not take away from the overall game experience. You defintely need to play this game before knocking it. Sure you have to get a lot of kills to upgrade, but is that not part of the challenge? And getting to those kills is not as time consuming as one might think.

In my mind Gruden is already doomed. No real GM and an owner who still likes to build close friendships with his star players. Snyder is a jock sniffer.

#66 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@Areez said:

@CarnageHeart:

@CarnageHeart said:

@Areez:

Yes but they are explaining the method behind the madnss of the bots. Which in reality do not take away from the overall game experience. You defintely need to play this game before knocking it. Sure you have to get a lot of kills to upgrade, but is that not part of the challenge? And getting to those kills is not as time consuming as one might think.

In my mind Gruden is already doomed. No real GM and an owner who still likes to build close friendships with his star players. Snyder is a jock sniffer.

Yeah, the fact RG3 was limping around the field (it hurt to watch him) before he took the hit that crippled him even more (and that he's still recovering from a year later) was ridiculous and was because RG3 was so tight with Snyder the coach couldn't bench him for his own safety and the team's own good.

#67 Edited by huerito323 (1379 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride:

To me I don't see a huge difference because I play on a 24 monitor. But I have seen Xbone games on a larger TV and the resolutions were noticeably different. But I guess as long as I stay on a smaller screen it should be fine.

True, but it would be sad if this wasn't a 1080p game though. It's an exclusive

Yea, I really hope it's in 1080p. It will make the gameplay improve drastically. Just like Killzone Shadow Fall is an amazing FPS just for being 1080p. Hell, if Superman 64 gets a remake in 1080p, the gameplay will be so much better!

sarcasm/

#68 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73524 posts) -

@huerito323 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride:

To me I don't see a huge difference because I play on a 24 monitor. But I have seen Xbone games on a larger TV and the resolutions were noticeably different. But I guess as long as I stay on a smaller screen it should be fine.

Yea, I really hope it's in 1080p. It will make the gameplay improve drastically. Just like Killzone Shadow Fall is an amazing FPS just for being 1080p. Hell, if Superman 64 gets a remake in 1080p, the gameplay will be so much better!

sarcasm/

They still should be able to do it, especially if you are an exclusive

#69 Edited by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@huerito323: My biggest concern is the framerate. If it isn't 60 fps that will be disappointing. If they manage to pull off 1080p and 60 fps than my respect for the Xbone will drastically increase. I think they can pull it off but they may just be too lazy to do it. But as we know once the download speeds increase to around 500 mbps plus than the cloud will help with the resolutions and performance. So I see the performance of Xbone increasing over the next several years. Xbone will be fine but it's going to take some time for us to see the improvements.

#70 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@F1Lengend: Downtown chicago? I went to Navy Pier last summer and had to pay $20-30 for a couple of hours. NY is even worse.

#71 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

@huerito323: My biggest concern is the framerate. If it isn't 60 fps that will be disappointing. If they manage to pull off 1080p and 60 fps than my respect for the Xbone will drastically increase. I think they can pull it off but they may just be too lazy to do it. But as we know once the download speeds increase to around 500 mbps plus than the cloud will help with the resolutions and performance. So I see the performance of Xbone increasing over the next several years. Xbone will be fine but it's going to take some time for us to see the improvements.

Framerate is fine. It isnt rock solid and there is some screen tearing here and there, but overall the performance is fine.

#72 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Having put a good time in with Xbox One myself, it manages to look sufficiently "next gen" despite the lack of 1080p games at 60fps. Dead Rising 3 stands as one of my biggest "wow" moments of the new hardware cycle, and it is neither of those things in it's resolution or framerate. I didn't see a huge problem with it before, and I don't see a huge problem with it now. It's enough of a difference to make me buy multiplat games on PS4, but that's just the situation I was in most of last gen. (just reversed, I bought multi plats on 360 and exclusives on PS3 up until very late)

Xbox One is and will be a fine gaming machine.

#73 Edited by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: That screen tearing! : \

#74 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -
@S0lidSnake said:

@F1Lengend: Downtown chicago? I went to Navy Pier last summer and had to pay $20-30 for a couple of hours. NY is even worse.

Well yeah, its a Pier, you cant really get around that. Everywhere else downtown we avoided parking fees. We went to the museum which charges 20 but parked free on the street and cut across the field. All the places we ate had some area of free street parking relatively close to the restaurant etc. In 3 days we paid less than $11 parking. Tolls on the other hand...

#75 Posted by pupp3t_mast3r (141 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride:

It's not really an exclusive given its coming to the PC as well?

#76 Posted by MethodManFTW (25932 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

it seems they are not running this at 1080, but they are hoping to crank it up to 1080p before launch. But this does make me doubt it. Apparantly it is running it 792p according to Respawn.

Link

Hmm, who cares Titanfall is a piss poor Call of Duty clone with mechs.

Also as long as its in 720 its fine, those casual gamers who like this game doesnt deserve more :)

And yet if Titan-fall was on PS, you'd be kissing its arse. Preaching to the world how its for the most hardcore of gamers! haha jesus i love how you categorise gamers. Seriously a gamer is person who actively plays games, not what they play lol. If you're going to live the rest of your life judging every game that comes out for its resolution, then thats just sad.

That's a bit unfair, Titanfall is not exclusive, it's on pc aswell. Why is everyone forgetting that? I have a PS4, and if i am getting it i will get it on pc. Which i won't. Because i just don't see what's so frakking good about this game

You should play the beta? I didn't really have ANY interest in the game before the beta... Now I've already bought the game and can't wait until launch.

#77 Posted by MethodManFTW (25932 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

it seems they are not running this at 1080, but they are hoping to crank it up to 1080p before launch. But this does make me doubt it. Apparantly it is running it 792p according to Respawn.

Link

Also as long as its in 720 its fine, those casual gamers who like this game doesnt deserve more :)

And yet if Titan-fall was on PS, you'd be kissing its arse. Preaching to the world how its for the most hardcore of gamers! haha jesus i love how you categorise gamers. Seriously a gamer is person who actively plays games, not what they play lol. If you're going to live the rest of your life judging every game that comes out for its resolution, then thats just sad.

That's a bit unfair, Titanfall is not exclusive

#78 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: I thought it was a timed exclusive?

#79 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@RimacBugatti: He's probably referring to the fact its on PC as well as Xbone/X360. One could call it an MS exclusive I suppose.

#80 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

@MethodManFTW: I thought it was a timed exclusive?

It's no longer a timed exclusive. MS paid EA to make it an Xbox One exclusive for life.

#81 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73524 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

That's a bit unfair, Titanfall is not exclusive

What i meant was it's not only on X1, it's on the 360 and PC aswell

#83 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: Oh cool. Well hopefully that means it will live up to the hype. If it runs at 30 fps than getting the resolution should be possible.

#84 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73524 posts) -

@invizo said:

THE GAME RUNS AT 1440P flawlessly for all current next-gen systems like the PC

And it runs at 1080p for last gen systems like the PS4

Two-Gen old systems like the XBOX ONE and PS3 is 720p why are you complaining?

You bought old crap now put up with it

PC's will always look better, why even bring that up?

#85 Edited by invizo (14 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@invizo said:

because people should be complaining about the horrid gameplay of titanfall not how it performs on old slow consoles. The game's optimization for the high-end current-gen was actually its highpoint. the 6v6 DOTA2 bot match was not.

So if you have a problem with how this game runs, ask yourself what console/system you play on, because you the buyer made that choice and most likely, this kind of buyer cares less about tech specs or what he is paying for.

#86 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73524 posts) -

@invizo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@invizo said:

because people should be complaining about the horrid gameplay of titanfall not how it performs on old slow consoles. The game's optimization for the high-end current-gen was actually its highpoint. the 6v6 DOTA2 bot match was not.

So if you have a problem with how this game runs, ask yourself what console/system you play on, because you the buyer made that choice and most likely, this kind of buyer cares less about tech specs or what he is paying for.

I don't have an X1 though, i personally wouldn't buy a console though if the resolution was my biggest gripe

#87 Posted by jekyll (9140 posts) -

Christ, who cares? I'm 42 and the first game I played was on a promo console in a Sears and looked like this. And it was crazy fun. Complaining about 720 or 1080 is so stupid. It means nothing.

#88 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73524 posts) -

@jekyll said:

Christ, who cares? I'm 42 and the first game I played was on a promo console in a Sears and looked like this. And it was crazy fun. Complaining about 720 or 1080 is so stupid. It means nothing.

To some it matters, but if you want the best resolution go to pc

#89 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@jekyll said:

Entering a thread full of people talking about graphics and resolution to ask "who cares about graphics and resolution" is a self defeating thing to do, don't you think?