Titanfall beta not 1080p

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

it seems they are not running this at 1080, but they are hoping to crank it up to 1080p before launch. But this does make me doubt it. Apparantly it is running it 792p according to Respawn.

Link

#2 Posted by Archangel3371 (14797 posts) -

Meh, not really that big of a deal to me. I'm sure it'll still look plenty good.

#3 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

Shocking.

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

Let's hope they crank it up on the final version

#5 Posted by Areez (6258 posts) -

Lets hope that the game lives up to all the hype! 1080p or not, I hope the game plays well.

#6 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22910 posts) -

it seems they are not running this at 1080, but they are hoping to crank it up to 1080p before launch. But this does make me doubt it. Apparantly it is running it 792p according to Respawn.

Link

I think they transposed the numbers. I've been reading that it's running over 900. Specifically, 970 fps. Give or take.

#7 Edited by Zjun (142 posts) -
#8 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

Is anyone surprised? XB1 + 60fps means no 1080p for sure.

#9 Posted by RimacBugatti (1048 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

Well I guess it's good that I play on a 24 inch monitor otherwise the games would look horrible. Couldn't imagine what it would look like on a 70 inch TV. Hopefully they figure something out soon otherwise PS4 is going to leave them in the dust.

#10 Posted by CarnageHeart (18298 posts) -

Think about how it would look/run without the power of the cloud *shudders*.

Seriously it looks like a great game for the CoD crowd.

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

I think they transposed the numbers. I've been reading that it's running over 900. Specifically, 970 fps. Give or take.

well this is from the developer itself

#12 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22910 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Yeah, I see that number is all over the place now. I guess the one I read originally was the incorrect one. Or I got the numbers backwards in my delicious brain. Whichever. :P

#13 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Yeah, I see that number is all over the place now. I guess the one I read originally was the incorrect one. Or I got the numbers backwards in my delicious brain. Whichever. :P

most likely it's going to be 900p in the final build

#14 Posted by firefox59 (4219 posts) -

It's a shame it's not on PS4. Would've been 4k and caused eyes to bleed.

#15 Posted by Mesomorphin (404 posts) -

Hahahahah, dude who cares man? Look how good this game looks already, I cant wait to jump into it. I find it pretty funny how the only thing PS dudes care about is tech/resolution/graphics, when all the Xbox dudes are.....just give us fun fucking games!!!! etc. Dead rising 3, Titan-fall, Halo, Gears, Forza....hahaha.

#16 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

When a game looks this bad on a next gen console then yes the resolution and AA DOES matter.

#17 Posted by Randolph (10113 posts) -

@mesomorphin: With sweeping generalizations like that, I think you might be more comfortable in System Wars than Games Discussion.

These things matter, especially on next generation hardware that currently demands a mighty fine premium.

#18 Edited by Mesomorphin (404 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

When a game looks this bad on a next gen console then yes the resolution and AA DOES matter.

How the fuck does that look bad to you? jesus christ stop pissing on about how it doesn't meet your fucking perfect reso, and just enjoy the game. People get so worked up about resolution and graphics that they forget that its a fucking game and spend their time crying about this shit.

#19 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

@mesomorphin: Oh spare me the lecture. Dont care for graphics, dont partake in the discussion of graphics.

#20 Posted by Mesomorphin (404 posts) -

@mesomorphin: Oh spare me the lecture. Dont care for graphics, dont partake in the discussion of graphics.

If its come to the point where resolution is beginning to torment your life, and it turns you off buying a game, then you've taken this shit way to far mate. Enjoy the god damn game.

#21 Posted by topgunmv (9892 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

If its come to the point where resolution is beginning to torment your life, and it turns you off buying a game, then you've taken this shit way to far mate. Enjoy the god damn game.

Then just stick with the xbox 360 version of the game.

#22 Posted by Mesomorphin (404 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

@mesomorphin said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Then just stick with the xbox 360 version of the game.

Mate I would have no issue with that, a game is a game stop obsessing over it.

#23 Posted by Jacanuk (2754 posts) -

Link

Hmm, who cares Titanfall is a piss poor Call of Duty clone with mechs.

Also as long as its in 720 its fine, those casual gamers who like this game doesnt deserve more :)

#25 Posted by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

If its come to the point where resolution is beginning to torment your life, and it turns you off buying a game,

where did i say that? stop assuming shit about people you dont know.

you dont care for graphics. good for you. dont come into a thread about graphics and tell people to not care. it makes you come across as an apologist and a douchebag who likes to piss people off for no reason.

#26 Posted by Mesomorphin (404 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@S0lidSnake said:

If its come to the point where resolution is beginning to torment your life, and it turns you off buying a game,

where did i say that? stop assuming shit about people you dont know.

you dont care for graphics. good for you. dont come into a thread about graphics and tell people to not care. it makes you come across as an apologist and a douchebag who likes to piss people off for no reason.

Because man I'am sick of people crying on their knees about how said game isnt 1080p! fucking hell, no one cared about this shit before last gen and we all got along fucking fine didnt we? 1080p isnt even that new anymore so who honestly cares!? put the game in your system, pull out your controller/mouse and stop losing hair over something that you should be having the time of your life with.

#27 Edited by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

I think the limiting factor here is the fact that they're making a cross-gen title, and not so much the XB1 hardware. PC Gamer has screenshots of the game running at some ridiculously large resolution, so you can look at that and decide if it would really look that much better at 1080p.

#28 Posted by firefox59 (4219 posts) -

@teuf_ said:

@S0lidSnake said:

I think the limiting factor here is the fact that they're making a cross-gen title, and not so much the XB1 hardware. PC Gamer has screenshots of the game running at some ridiculously large resolution, so you can look at that and decide if it would really look that much better at 1080p.

A different company is doing the 360 version of the game though. I'm pretty sure Respawn has made a statement that they haven't even touched that version.

#29 Posted by Slannmage (5483 posts) -

The game is a lame COD clone with mechs that just feel like a soldier in heavy armour..

It is crap, let it die.

#30 Posted by Areez (6258 posts) -

LOL! Are you on Meth or something? You think this looks bad? Sure the game is not up to the visual standards of Ryse or Kill Zone. However, those games were mediocre at best. Titan Fall by all accounts seems to be the first must have game of 2014, based on the critical acclaim it has received and from some of the feedback from beta testers.

We get that you are a graphics whore but now all of your chatter over resolution has become a bit over blown.

#31 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -
#32 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Also as long as its in 720 its fine, those casual gamers who like this game doesnt deserve more :)

And yet if Titan-fall was on PS, you'd be kissing its arse. Preaching to the world how its for the most hardcore of gamers! haha jesus i love how you categorise gamers. Seriously a gamer is person who actively plays games, not what they play lol. If you're going to live the rest of your life judging every game that comes out for its resolution, then thats just sad.

That's a bit unfair, Titanfall is not exclusive, it's on pc aswell. Why is everyone forgetting that? I have a PS4, and if i am getting it i will get it on pc. Which i won't. Because i just don't see what's so frakking good about this game

#33 Posted by Areez (6258 posts) -

@teuf_: The jaggies in that screenshot wouldnt be present in the PC version which alone would make the IQ a lot better than that. Gamespot's resized the screen which makes it look a lot better than it looks blown up which is what it would look like on most tv screens.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_titanfall-24193-2742_0004.jpg

I am playing the beta right now and the beta does not look bad. Regardless of what you say, which means little here, the game is addictive and plays well.

#34 Edited by Mesomorphin (404 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

And yet if Titan-fall was on PS, you'd be kissing its arse. Preaching to the world how its for the most hardcore of gamers! haha jesus i love how you categorise gamers. Seriously a gamer is person who actively plays games, not what they play lol. If you're going to live the rest of your life judging every game that comes out for its resolution, then thats just sad.

That's a bit unfair, Titanfall is not exclusive, it's on pc aswell. Why is everyone forgetting that? I have a PS4, and if i am getting it i will get it on pc. Which i won't. Because i just don't see what's so frakking good about this game

Whats so good about this game? haha, ummm Its a fucking online mech game that looks crazy good! have you even seen any trailers dude?

#35 Posted by Archangel3371 (14797 posts) -

Just finished playing a few matches in the beta and I think the game looks just fine. The gameplay was great as well, pretty fast and fluid and a lot of fun. It's cool how after the match those who were defeated have a last chance opportunity to escape while the victors try to prevent them. The game seems like it'll be very good and certainly not just a 'Call of Duty with mechs'.

#36 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Whats so good about this game? haha, ummm Its a fucking online mech game that looks crazy good! have you even seen any trailers dude?

Yeah, i am still not impressed

#37 Posted by Mesomorphin (404 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Alright bro, have fun missing out. What can I say? I love mechs, I love action and I fucking love them both in a multiplayer match!

#38 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Alright bro, have fun missing out. What can I say? I love mechs, I love action and I fucking love them both in a multiplayer match!

Well enjoy yourself then :), i am not going to stop you

#39 Posted by CarnageHeart (18298 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

As a fan of skill and knowledge based competiteve multiplayer, Titanfall would have to radically improve to work its way up to piece of shit. Lock on guns and AI farming just mess up the purity of the game ('You killed us more, but we did a better job of farming the AI, so we won!'). *Shrugs* Maybe people who don't enjoy playing games where victory is about skill will enjoy it. The CoD fanbase is very loyal to CoD, but Respawn popularized CoD so it probably understand its fans better than the three teams now cranking out CoDs.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/5411402/titanfall-is-the-perfect-game-for-people-who-are-terrible-at-first

The smart gun has already been derided on internet fora as the ultimate bit of evidence that gaming is being watered down to be spoon fed to the untalented, but the weapon provides just as many upsides as downsides. The one-hit kills only register on Grunts, Titanfall’s take on creeps from the MOBA genre; it takes multiple shots to take down player-controlled pilots.

The gun does lock onto its target, and the large area being swept for targets makes it easy for beginners to gain kills, but it takes a non-trivial amount of time to gain multiple locks on pilots. You have to be sneaky, close to the target and willing to hang around for more than enough time for the target to turn around and paint a nearby wall with your brains. This is a weapon that requires stealth and the element of surprise.

------------

Don't be afraid to leave the human to human fighting to the more talented members of your team in favor of farming the AI-controlled Grunts and Specters; they're easy to kill, they add points to your score and will often make the difference in tight games. Titanfall pulls influences from many genres, not just other shooters, so borrow tactics and plays from those other games as well.

#40 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -
#42 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@CarnageHeart well I'am still buying titanfall and so are alot of people, want to know why? because it looks fucking perfect. Perfect for laughter, enjoyment and perfect for fun. Of course i dont expect you to understand given your lack of it. Lets be honest, if titanfall was on ps, you'd all be sucking right up to it.

How do you know that? You're saying he doesn't know how to have fun? It might not be on PS4, which i really couldn't care less about. But the most important part is that it is on PC. You don't need a Xbox One to play this game.

#43 Posted by Randolph (10113 posts) -

@mesomorphin: Have you ever thought of visiting System Wars forum? Honest question.

#44 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@mesomorphin: Have you ever thought of visiting System Wars forum? Honest question.

Seems like he was born to be there

#45 Posted by Bigboi500 (27882 posts) -

@CarnageHeart well I'am still buying titanfall and so are alot of people, want to know why? because it looks fucking perfect. Perfect for laughter, enjoyment and perfect for fun. Of course i dont expect you to understand given your lack of it. Lets be honest, if titanfall was on ps, you'd all be sucking right up to it.

lol wrong. I have a 360 to play it on, the version that'll have the largest amounts of players to compete with, but most online shooters aren't my cup of tea.

#46 Posted by CarnageHeart (18298 posts) -

Regardless of platform, I'm not a fan of unbalanced multiplayer. Killzone 3 was a multiplayer game completely destroyed by perks (Guerilla didn't even try to balance things) and I said so since the prelaunch beta.

On a related note, I really disliked how CoD cemented dominance with perks and killstreaks (let's give a superweapon to the guy who is racking up kills with a normal weapon!) but a lot of people clearly enjoy such games, which is why I concede that despite it being shit, Titanfall might do well. Enjoy that crap sandwich!

#47 Posted by RimacBugatti (1048 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

Well judging by the screenshots that I have seen it looks as though graphically it will end up being great quality. I'm just hoping the screenshots were of Xbone and not PC. Graphically it should be fine and gameplay will most probably be a lot better than Killzone Shadowfall.

#48 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

Well judging by the screenshots that I have seen it looks as though graphically it will end up being great quality. I'm just hoping the screenshots were of Xbone and not PC. Graphically it should be fine and gameplay will most probably be a lot better than Killzone Shadowfall.

Depends on the style, if it's not 1080, then it's not better graphically.

#49 Posted by RimacBugatti (1048 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

To me I don't see a huge difference because I play on a 24 monitor. But I have seen Xbone games on a larger TV and the resolutions were noticeably different. But I guess as long as I stay on a smaller screen it should be fine.

#50 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

To me I don't see a huge difference because I play on a 24 monitor. But I have seen Xbone games on a larger TV and the resolutions were noticeably different. But I guess as long as I stay on a smaller screen it should be fine.

True, but it would be sad if this wasn't a 1080p game though. It's an exclusive