Titanfall and than what?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I honestly thought that Titanfall would make or break the Xbone launch per say. Based on many factors it seems that from what people are saying that titanfall may not make the sales as speculated. so my next question is, what comes after Titanfall. What games does Xbone and Xbone users have to look forward to? And being that Titanfall is multiplayer only there goes the non internet having wanted to play Titanfall gamers. I myself was disappointed and than the images make the game seem dated. What now?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Titanfall first, which is shaping up to be a fun game. Don't believe the negative hype from people who haven't played it. It's a solid game that will make a splash. I don't expect it'll solve all the problems with the X1 overnight, but it's fun and solid and it'll move some units. There's also Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct season 2, and of course next gen Halo which is still a higher quality brand than a lot of it's competitors. Plus plenty of multiplatform games like Watch Dogs and Destiny. And that's before E3 shows off what will be coming down the pipe for next year. Plus we're starting to see new multiplatform games designed with "next gen" in mind like the new Batman and over the next year we should see some of Xbox's renewed focus on indie stuff come to fruition as well. There's also Project Spark which is shaping up nicely.

Then the next Call of Duty will come out, the next Assassin's Creed. Gears for next gen is in development, there's been rumors of a follow up to the excellent Forza Horizon and there's always a chance that they'll make a Fable 4 soon as well. It's been a while since Lionhead released a new game and with Molyneaux taking off for 22 cans, the power vacuum could allow for a new creative director to do something on par with the better games in the series. (or it could suck like Fable 3, but hope costs me nothing).

Just because the Xbox One isn't in as good a shape as the PS4 doesn't mean it's in bad shape. Xbox One's architecture is similar enough to comparable consoles and it's easy enough to develop for that it'll never face a fate like the WiiU where third parties simply cannot recoup the costs of porting to the machine because of the low install base and reports of unwieldy dev tools.

The PS4 has been doing really well, and we should all be happy for them. I've had a lot of fun with mine. But I'm more worried about the future of that platform than Microsoft's. Troubled development stories keep creeping out, major projects getting cancelled, famed developers being let go (or forced out, we don't really know). Sony is going through a major restructuring just trying to keep the lights on in every division other than Playstation, and the guy who's been at the helm is about to step down. Those are signs and portents of a house not in order (speaking about Sony as a whole, not Playstation).

I don't believe either system is in any danger though. Things are changing, but that can be a good thing. If Sony can become stronger and more fiscally solid that's good for Playstation. And I've got hopes that the CEO shakeup in Redmond will lead to positive changes for MS as well. Of course even if my optimism proves to be misplaced and both companies falter, I'll still have Steam. :)

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

This is pretty typical for new hardware generation. Developers will be getting to know the development kits for the consoles and thus development time takes longer than it does at the end of a hardware cycle. As stated above, there are new games coming and there will be multi platform games. Also E3 will be soon so I expect we will see more information on games there and announcements (I am hoping Forza Horizon 2 is true and Sunset Overdrive gets a release date and gameplay shown). The same can be said of the Playstation 4 where games delayed for launch are now coming around (Infamous Second Son and Driveclub for example).

My only concern is the reports that Microsoft shareholders want to sell off the Xbox division, if this is true then it could potentially lead to a different outlook on the Xbox games and hardware side. However, this may not happen and as Xbox Live is worth a lot to Microsoft (in terms of raw cash brought in for the subscriptions and points/cash sales) then I expect the Xbox One will get pushed more. If what Microsoft said last year was true, that one billion dollars has been spent to get exclusive content, I expect Microsoft is in this for the long game. Buying Gears of War from Epic Games for example is not something they would do if they were planning to jump ship.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I personally don't see the hype, but it seems many Xbox gamers like the game and are probably buying it

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13: Yup, you pretty much said it all right there.

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6 Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts

Exactly what others have said. Besides Halo looming off in the distace, I'm sure E3 will swoop in and get all the potential customers excited about "What's next."

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13: Great response. Some of the speculation around J.T. stepping down, revolves around a change in direction for the Playstation brand. Sony is really going to focus on a digital delivery plan, where it is about services and online content. J.T. is a traditional console guy and that is no longer the direction of the PS platform.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@RimacBugatti: Who are all these people saying it is not going to do as well? Link?

So what is next after Titanfall you ask? Heard of Project Spark? I am playing the beta now and the game is deeper than I anticipated, and can suck you in as you create your own world. MS could be onto something big here. Think Minecraft or Little Big Planet on steroids!!

After Project Spark, the Xbox One has a couple multi-platform games, Watchdogs,Metal Gear Solid etc....And let us not forget the exclusive from Remedy, Quantum Break. Their is also some interesting news to be coming out of GDC, regarding Direct X12 and the Xbox One.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Quantum Break !

Come on .... its a Remedy Game , like Alan Wake and Max Payne before it I'm sure its going to be Amazing , with Time powers its going to be Fantastic . Quantum Break is the #1 Xbox Exclusive that i'm looking into .

And then of course there is Halo , Projekt Spark , Sunset Overdrive and Fable Legends . and I would love to see Forza Horizon 2 and Crackdown 3 announced .

And there are many Great Multiplat Games too . Witcher 3 , Destiny , MGS5 , Watch dogs ...

with all of these , i think there will be a lot of amazing and fun gaming on xbox one . and It has 3 Good Exclusives Released already ( Forza 5 , Ryse and Dead Rising 3 )

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

This all sounds really good but it doesn't seem like the Xbone's are selling and I still don't see any PS4's in stock. I almost forgot about Quantum Break which looks really good. But it doesn't seem like Xbone is going to have much for exclusives and as we all know the Xbone exclusives are the only games that run like a next gen title should run. That's why I was surprised that Titanfall being an exclusive runs great but doesn't compare to titles like Ryse graphically. It seems that people were disappointed with the way that it looked but hopefully the final version is better than the beta version.