Thoughts on evolve?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

So the betas just ended and I played a few matches but I'm still undecided. I'm still sold on the idea but after playing it I'm not sure its as good in execution.

In the few games I played, all we seemed to do was run after the monster, either following tracks or heading toward startled birds. Then we got our ass handed to us when we found the monster who ran away long enough to level up fully. Maybe it didn't help that the medic on my team didn't know what the hell they were doing and didn't heal or revive at all.

Anyway, what's your experience with evolve, either good or bad?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Positive. The game can be fast-paced and tense and fighting the monster requires attention, effort and good cooperation. The last one can be questionable at times when players still learn the basics or are just plain stupid. :P

I was playing as assault yesterday against a Wraith and when it reached lvl3 we all run back to the relay except for a trapper who heroically decided to hunt down the monster on his own. He died of course and because of that we died as well, even though we nearly had it.

But those experiences were scarce in my experience, most players were decent enough. A thing I'm not particularly fond of is how the game is too fast-paced. There is no time to look around and use the environment, you're constantly on the run. There's just the occasional secondary monster you run into and kill for a buff or because they just won't let you be and that's it. Not to mention that too much time is spent on menus. Rounds last 20mins top and about 5 mins are required between matches.

Overall, the game is definitely fun to play but I fear it may not have the replayability of L4D. After the first 10 hours(in alpha and beta) I felt less intrigued to continue playing. Maybe different modes will spice things up a little more.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I love the gameplay style and the teamwork involved, as well as the overall map design. But I fear it will have the same problem Titanfall had: not enough content to justify a 60 dollar purchase.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Great game. Far superior to Destiny. This is finally a different spin on FPS. The scale of the monsters are right. The game may need a bit of balancing as I see everyone is already choosing the Wraith monster (I personally prefer the Kraken so far).

The evolution mechanic of the monsters switches up the gameplay in a good way to make it to where almost everytime you fight it, it's different. They did a great job on this title. I just wish it was also on WiiU so I could use my preferred control method (Wiimote and Nunchuck) for it but it's not.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The beta has me sold, only played three matches but I liked what I saw while playing those matches. My only major grip about the game is the long waiting time between/before matches.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6 HailtotheQueen
Member since 2014 • 290 Posts

I don't care for how this game is based around DLC but the gameplay itself is pretty solid. Its different, I'll give it credit for that.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Game is amazing. Pretty much a lock for best multi-player game this year.

Had soo much fun with the technical test on the PS4 this weekend. Game has a bit of a learning curve which means games can be rough when you get stuck with teamates who have yet to get over the curve.

Love playing as Lazarus and Hank though. Definitely my two fav hunters that I got to play.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Gameplay is on point, the controls, the gameplay balance, the class balance(except I don't understand why the medic has the ability to mark the monster and not the trapper)However, its not a game I think I can play for a long period of time. Especially since the single player is just the multiplayer with bots, I feel the concept will wear thin rather quickly. Like others have said, too much time spent running in circles while the monster levels up. They need a means to force the fight a little more or at least a faster travel method, so you can fight a little more. All in all, its a fun game, but I wont buy it, because I don't see myself enjoying it for more very long.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

I was originally interested, but no way am I paying $120 for the complete game. I also don't like always-online games or games that only have online multiplayer.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im passing on this game. I have a feeling it could get boring after a few games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Take a look at the pc version

Loading Video...

It looks to be pretty bad, i am not interested in it. Not one bit

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

No single player game so it does not have the funnest part. That means I do not care.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Was looking forward to it at first, until the ridiculous shady pricing.

But also the graphics have that really ugly post processed look and it doesn't even have single player. Looks like it gets old quick too. Not much content and even then it's nickel and dimed to hell lol

Maybe Left 4 dead 3 or some other game like this will come out and be great, with at least optional single player.