This gen kind of sucks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I think that's an understatement too. I have a ps4. There are no games I want for it. Next year isn't really any different. I guess this is what happens when a few publishers have basically shut everyone else out and can basically make lazy ports over and over again.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

if youd have any brains youd buy a console AFTER you realized there are games youre interested in and not the other way around

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#3 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

@sabretooth2066: Buying every other generations console at launch didn't dissapoint. So yeah, you must be an idiot if you did the same for this generation.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

It may suck for you but with the 15 games I have, I couldn't be happier and its only been 1 year. So I guess its personal preference. You should of researched the games before buying the console.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

I think that's an understatement too. I have a ps4. There are no games I want for it. Next year isn't really any different. I guess this is what happens when a few publishers have basically shut everyone else out and can basically make lazy ports over and over again.

Easy now this gen is just a year old so relax, it takes time to make the transition 100%

But i can agree that right now there is nothing to warrant a change from ps3/Xbox360 to X1/Ps4 if you have a good gaming PC.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Well I've had an Xbox One for about 11 months now and have about 20 games for it now and I'm very satisfied with it. Recently picked up a Wii U about a month and a half ago and am quite happy with it too. Still trying to get caught up with the games that I want for it.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21695 Posts

The start of gens usually suck (this one is especially bad), but in general, you should always wait until you see games that you actually want to play. If I had a ps4 and xbox, I'd probably only have the MC collection between them. The same goes with the Wii U, but my bro wants to play super smash together, so I had to get it earlier than when I would have preferred.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@sabretooth2066 said:

if youd have any brains youd buy a console AFTER you realized there are games youre interested in and not the other way around

Exactly

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
@bussinrounds said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

Exactly

Exactly. Buying a system on the promise of future games should be a part of why you buy it, but that should come way behind buying it because it has a good enough library right now. IMO at least. Like every electronic, these things drop in price as time goes on. If there's no games right now, just wait. You might catch a price drop by the time the library gets there, especially if it's the XB1.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Still nothing drawing me into either console, Tomb Raider might depending on how long I'd have to wait for PC version. Same goes for Silent Hills.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds

@Senor_Kami said:
@bussinrounds said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

Exactly

Exactly. Buying a system on the promise of future games should be a part of why you buy it, but that should come way behind buying it because it has a good enough library right now. IMO at least. Like every electronic, these things drop in price as time goes on. If there's no games right now, just wait. You might catch a price drop by the time the library gets there, especially if it's the XB1.

Hype is a powerful drug.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

@bussinrounds: What hype though? The launch line-up looked pretty bad from the get go. A ton of people were complaining about it with the only real positive thing being that while none of the games looked all that good, there were a lot of them in different genres.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bussinrounds

@Senor_Kami:

Just the general hype for new systems/GENERATION I mean, not the actual games.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I think it just has to do with the releases. This console gen may have had a rough start, but that probably isn't grounds to say that it is outright awful. I think in a few years it should be on its feet enough and be about as productive as the last gen was, we just have to wait for more games to be released.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

i am a pc gamer, i only buy that console having the most interesting EXCLUSIVE titles...

...man id feel fu**ed already when i would have bought me the xone for DEADRISING 3 and RYSE - SON OF ROME....those so damn exclusive xone games are already out for pc

..now they only need to bring a few sony exlusives over to the pc and i am good off without any console this generation, but i am afraid they will ever bring GOD OF WAR and UNCHARTED over, those 2 franchises alone are enough for me to buy a ps4....when theyre actually released

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Purchased a system that had no games you were interested in eh? You're off to a great start in a life of making good decisions. Should have waited or got a PC while you wait. Instead all you purchased was hopes and dreams. That's why it's never a bad idea to own more than one gaming system.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#17 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

I purchased a PS4 day one and have 15 games for and am fairly happy, also picked up a Wii U recently and am quite happy with what I've played on that as well.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You gotta give it time.... Wait two more years... Then it will be awesome ! :p

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#19  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

Developers are never in much of a rush to make games for a next gen system since so few buy them for the first year or so.... kinda making a lack in games. I think a lot of still really happy with just their ps3 and xbox 360s.

For me i had no temptation to buy any of these consoles, theres no big difference between them. from the ps2/xbox to ps3/360 there was a huge difference. Blame it on Sony and M$ for putting the bare minimum of hardware specs into their consoles. Even struggle to do 60fps at 1080p, wtf?

RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

So there are no good games for this gen, and none being released next year? What kind of games do you play exactly?

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

I just bought an Xbox One recently and got Destiny which I really enjoy it's a fun game to play, even though PVP is broken I hope they patch it soon.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#22 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

Hmmmm, is this your first console or first time buying at launch? It has to be, there's no other reason for you to make a topic about this issue if that wasn't the case.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

You must be the pickiest gamer in the world then because there are plenty of great games out for PS4 right now; GTA 5, The Last of Us Remastered, Killzone Shadow Fall, Infamous Second Son etc. I have all these games except for GTA 5 which I I will be getting since people are claiming the PS4 version is the best version to get. The Last of Us was amazing last generation and they didn't just give it a graphic boost on the PS4, they fixed bugs and they improved the gameplay. Killzone Shadow Fall isn't the best shooter, but it is a great game with a good story and if you were a Killzone fan you should like this one. Infamous Second Son is awesome, I am about half way through my first playthrough and I'm having a blast.

In a few months the Order 1886 will be coming out, Bloodbourne, Deep Down, Uncharted 4 and some other pretty cool titles.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7201 Posts

Modern games take a long time to make and there are less companies doing it than there used to be. PSXB will be worth owning eventually. We are just going to have to be more patient this gen. Not like the old days. The Dreamcast had a ton of great games 1 year into it's life and it still failed. Times change.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@judaspete

It takes so long and is so expensive to make good graphics.... Which is is essentially pointless since the Majority of Gamers don't care about them.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Standards are too high, I guess.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

Early on this year there was't much, but I'm pretty satisfied now with the games I have on my Xbone... each to their own I guess.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Just got a PS4 a week ago and im super happy with it. Best gaming system i have ever had. It's just the beginning of it's life cycle ,more games will come out and i can't wait for the morpheus VR headset though, that is going to be awesome.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#30 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Should of waited.. Personally I wait until the slimmer cheaper versions hit the shelves, then all the games on my list are far far cheaper.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I agree PS4 sucks bad right now. Bought it mainly for Metal Gear and Uncharted, but honestly it makes way more sense to buy a wiiu, start looking into building a pc, and then play Uncharted 4 at a friends house. It isn't just the lack of games but also what the consoles are doing to the industry. There's mad under the table drm and physical games aren't really even physical games anymore.

Support Nintendo and build a pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Witcher 3 can't come soon enough

Games man, where are they?

Plus i'm a bit disappointed in Ps4's power compared to how bleeding edge 360 was at launch, but it's plenty for a 5 year cycle (Which I hope is how long it'll be)