They should make an Elder Scrolls: Dwemer/Ayleid/Falmer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

Unless I missed something or I just didn't pay enough attention I'd say maybe all three of those races lived at about the same time. Dwemer are especially interesting to me. I'd like to see an Elder Scrolls based off of those races.

Only after Fallout 4 of course which BETTER be in developement.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i never really got the best information in the TES games from seeing a race walking around. the most interesting stuff was when i was walking around in what they built and comparing it to others. there's such a good contrast in skyrim between the nords, dwemer, and falmer. both the nords and dwemer have buildings they've created for the player to compare and contrast. additionally, both the nords and falmer squat in dwemer ruins so you get to see how they both treat their surroundings.

i suppose there was nothing so elegant about the ayleid in oblivion though.

foxrock66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By foxrock66
Member since 2010 • 409 Posts

I would really like something set in Black Marsh or Elswyr. Skyrim was a little bland for me. I want something exotic next time.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

@LoG-Sacrament said:

i never really got the best information in the TES games from seeing a race walking around. the most interesting stuff was when i was walking around in what they built and comparing it to others. there's such a good contrast in skyrim between the nords, dwemer, and falmer. both the nords and dwemer have buildings they've created for the player to compare and contrast. additionally, both the nords and falmer squat in dwemer ruins so you get to see how they both treat their surroundings.

Yeah, Unless I had to I never roamed Ayleid ruins. They were boring to me.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

@k41m said:

@LoG-Sacrament said:

Yeah, Unless I had to I never roamed Ayleid ruins. They were boring to me.

i think the biggest problem with oblivion was the inclusion of the plains of oblivion. bethesda's whole angle was the juxtaposition of the serene cyrodiil countryside and the hellish oblivion, but it was too broad to tell anything interesting about either one. you just knew that cyrodiil was generic high fantasy and oblivion was a nasty place. that's why the ayleid ruins were so plain. bethesda's point of reference for variety was one note.