They can't be serious

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blayde-
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

So I finally got a chance to download Rachet and Clank as well as Conan. Naturally I dive right in to R&C since I've heard good things about the game and was not disspointed. It's easily a first week purchase.

After playing some Warhawk I decided to take a break and play a little Conan and despite preparing myself for a relatively bad game what I just went through shocked me. This game truely hit the trifecta of craptacularity (bad graphics, bad vioce acting, and bad control)

I would love to sit in on the meeting where those guys viewed the demo code and then said "all set to go, this is really going to get people interested in the game."

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I'll I'm going to say is "worst demo ever"

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

So I finally got a chance to download Rachet and Clank as well as Conan. Naturally I dive right in to R&C since I've heard good things about the game and was not disspointed. It's easily a first week purchase.

After playing some Warhawk I decided to take a break and play a little Conan and despite preparing myself for a relatively bad game what I just went through shocked me. This game truely hit the trifecta of craptacularity (bad graphics, bad vioce acting, and bad control)

I would love to sit in on the meeting where those guys viewed the demo code and then said "all set to go, this is really going to get people interested in the game."

Blayde-

Looks like somebody missed the Hour of Victory demo! Conan is totally awesome compared to that.

KreepLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 KreepLX
Member since 2004 • 313 Posts

Blayde-

I tried it on the 360 and PS3 and they are equally pathetic. Well, its just like the movies; some good, some shotty.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I had heard positive impressions of this demo before I played it, but it really didn't do anything for me.
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

I had heard positive impressions of this demo before I played it, but it really didn't do anything for me.rragnaar

It did something for me. It made me turn the game off and play something remotely good.

Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blayde-
[QUOTE="Blayde-"]

AtomicTangerine

Looks like somebody missed the Hour of Victory demo! Conan is totally awesome compared to that.

LOL, I must admit I missed that one.

Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blayde-

I had heard positive impressions of this demo before I played it, but it really didn't do anything for me.rragnaar

The only positive thing I can say about the demo is that you could stop it any time you wanted.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

... sorry to veer off topic, but seeing this just reminded me of how utterly craptastic Hour of Victory turned out to be... right up there with Two Worlds... too bad really, because I was hoping that Conan might be worth purchasing - if the demo's that bad the game's probably really crappy... btw, that 'Trifecta of Craptacularity' bit is hilarious... thanks for that...

Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blayde-

67gt500

... sorry to veer off topic, but seeing this just reminded me of how utterly craptastic Hour of Victory turned out to be... right up there with Two Worlds... too bad really, because I was hoping that Conan might be worth purchasing - if the demo's that bad the game's probably really crappy... btw, that 'Trifecta of Craptacularity' bit is hilarious... thanks for that...

I aim to please

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I know for sure which demo I wont be downloading :)
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts

Blayde-

trifecta... that is such an awesome word.. ha. yeah its a conan game what can you expect.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

I can understand putting out a bad game, hoping that enough unsuspecting consumers will buy the game to recoup development costs. But putting out a demo? When your game is just flat-out bad?

The only possible explanation is a publisher, huddled in a darkened room, wringing their hands saying, "You know, if we put out a demo, we can inflict suffering on all who want to try our, heh, 'free' product..."

Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts
Eh, ill download it to kill 20 minutes or so... who knows, I kinda liked the simpsons demo... but thats just because Im a huge fan of the simpsons.