The worst fighting game you ever played?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

It's a REALLY obvious one for me (and I bring it up a lot I must admit), but the absolute WORST fighting game I played (so far at least) was Bleach Shattered Blade on the Wii. I didn't even read the manga or seen the anime yet (right now, I've got to get to vol. 3), but my goodness that game was horrendous.

It's only controlled by the Wii Remote and nunchuk and good gracious, they were awful. They were just tough to read outside of senseless waggling.

I did like Bleach: Dark Souls on the DS though.

#2 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -
Dragon Ball: Final Bout
#3 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
Primal Rage
#4 Posted by TAMKFan (32730 posts) -

Pit Fighter comes to mind.

#5 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
Dragon Ball: Final BoutReptylus
At the time I didn't find it that bad, now I can't stand playing it. DBZ Taiketsu is worse though.
#6 Posted by dragonps (1667 posts) -

TAMKFan
You know back in the day when it first came out I was all over it, I play it now and the rose tinted glasses just flew of my face :P However worst for me would be clay fighters
#7 Posted by OneSanitarium (6895 posts) -

Death Cargo.

#8 Posted by nini200 (9587 posts) -

TAMKFan
PIT FIGHTER WAS AWESOME!!!! :P Chainman Eddie, C.C. Rider, Southside Jim, man you about to make me crank up the genesis just to replay that. Worst fighting game for me would be a toss up between, Inuyasha on PS1 and DBZ Ultimate Battle 22. Those games were AWFUL
#9 Posted by TAMKFan (32730 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

nini200

PIT FIGHTER WAS AWESOME!!!! :P Chainman Eddie, C.C. Rider, Southside Jim, man you about to make me crank up the genesis just to replay that. Worst fighting game for me would be a toss up between, Inuyasha on PS1 and DBZ Ultimate Battle 22. Those games were AWFUL

Well, the game is just boring to me. I'm not fan of it at all.

#10 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

TAMKFan

I tried playing that on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and my whole reaction was just a weird look. Ended up swapping the game to Mortal Kombat 3.
#11 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

Primal Rage, Shaq Fu, old DBZ fighters on the SNES like Super Boutuuden (or something like that), and Hyper Dimension (which was arguably the best, now that I think about it).

#12 Posted by Jyakotu (158 posts) -

Most of the SNK fighting games, aside from Capcom vs. SNK 2...which was developed by Capcom. Nevermind. -.-

#13 Posted by TAMKFan (32730 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

[QUOTE="nini200"] PIT FIGHTER WAS AWESOME!!!! :P Chainman Eddie, C.C. Rider, Southside Jim, man you about to make me crank up the genesis just to replay that. Worst fighting game for me would be a toss up between, Inuyasha on PS1 and DBZ Ultimate Battle 22. Those games were AWFULnintendoboy16

I tried playing that on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and my whole reaction was just a weird look. Ended up swapping the game to Mortal Kombat 3.

Yeah, that's how I played it too. I didn't know the game even existed until I played Midway Arcade Treasures 2.

#14 Posted by Kanghaskhan (34 posts) -
Primal RageLP4EVA2005
LOL I use to play Primal Rage for hours on the SNES. We even named two characters in a fake radio show we did "Chaos and Blizzard". It was a bad game, but I still had fun.
#15 Posted by nini200 (9587 posts) -

Most of the SNK fighting games, aside from Capcom vs. SNK 2...which was developed by Capcom. Nevermind. -.-

Jyakotu
Your statement and your level status (Ikari Warrior developed by SNK) on here are total irony at it's best. :lol:
#16 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi Kasumi Ninja Every Mortal Kombat game that isn't 1-3 or some variation thereof, including MK9 which is the most overrated fighter ever Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22, Taiketsu, GT Final Bout (Ultimate) Marvel vs Capcom 3 (so, so much worse than MVC2 or TvC) Every Soulcalibur after II Pit Fighter There are really tons more...
#17 Posted by thermalvision (130 posts) -
dragon ball
#18 Posted by Chiaotzu1 (11 posts) -
Toshinden 4. I don't know about the rest of the series but I played about twenty minutes and just had to stop. I bought it at a charity shop for a pound and I still felt ripped off.
#19 Posted by GeneralBulldog (13 posts) -

Cardinal SYN

#20 Posted by nini200 (9587 posts) -
Toshinden 4. I don't know about the rest of the series but I played about twenty minutes and just had to stop. I bought it at a charity shop for a pound and I still felt ripped off.Chiaotzu1
I know Toshinden 1, 2 and URA are good but haven't played any toshinden after that.
#21 Posted by Tikeio (5332 posts) -

Dark Edge.

#22 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
Any of the Bleach games for the DS. After that, I'd say Tekken Advanced. It was pretty mediocre for a Tekken game.
#23 Posted by willyfoureyes (23 posts) -

Classic era: Heavy Nova. I picked it over Shaq-Fu because for all of Shaq-Fu's faults, at least its animations were somewhat fluid.

Modern era: Windy x Windam. The only reason anyone's even heard of this game is because Izuna the Unemployed Ninja is in it...and no, her presence doesn't make the game any less terrible.

#24 Posted by Karnage_Kasady (23 posts) -
I hated the original MK3...but the ultimate edition made up for it
#25 Posted by Maxwell (253 posts) -

For me, it would have to be ClayFighter 63 1/3. I was SO excited for that game when I was younger, now it's painful just to watch. I can still remember renting the game, inviting a friend over, and staying up all night entering cheat codes from the back of Nintendo Power to unlock secret characters.

#26 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -
I hated the original MK3...but the ultimate edition made up for itKarnage_Kasady
That was probably my least favorite game in the series (though I didn't think it was bad). I'm going to admit it, I like the 3D ones on PS2 a lot better than standard MK3. I do wish to look for the Ultimate version on DS though.
#27 Posted by tigerlegend76 (95 posts) -

Dual heroes on n64, the art of fighting,rise of the robots, and street fighter the movie

#28 Posted by dragonps (1667 posts) -

Dual heroes on n64, the art of fighting,rise of the robots, and street fighter the movie

tigerlegend76

You didn't like Art of Fighting? :o

#29 Posted by Falru (81 posts) -

Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat.

I'm not even kidding.

#30 Posted by DreamCuPS (18 posts) -
Street Fighter I Fatman Rise Pit Fighter (th snes one) Heavy nova -They all are barely playable, no fighting game i know is worse.
#31 Posted by louisfoxton (1391 posts) -

The best fighting game i had ever played was JumpUltimatestars for the ds Or Capcom vs Tatsunoko

And the worst Fighting game i ever played has to be Sonic the fighter on gamecube

#33 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3495 posts) -
Mortal Kombat. I never did like it back then even though I did enjoy it's reboot recently
#34 Posted by Dexter-010 (508 posts) -
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#35 Posted by Hseptic (1566 posts) -
Capcom FIghting Evolution. Not that bad a game really. In fact it had some sweet backgrounds and it did please some real die hard core gamers. Still it was technically the worst fighter I ever purchased, namely because of the "sampler" roster and lack of features.
#36 Posted by superfly4231 (1 posts) -
Killing zone
#37 Posted by DamnILoveGames (139 posts) -
Street Fighter the game...the movie...the game.