the witcher 3 or bloodbourne

This topic is locked from further discussion.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

I want to get a new game as I have put so much time into gta, dying light, infamous, far cry 4, and a unity, from what I have heard I am leaning more towards bloodbourne. What I am looking for is the best and most ambitious open world game out of the two, everyone said that the witches 3 was going to be big but from what I have heard is that it is just two smaller area's that together would make the game big so is this game actually big or is it as others say two smaller areas?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Do you prefer the meaty feel of rewarding combat, challenge, in-genius level design, and optional coop/ PvP? BloodBorne is the answer!

Would you rather bask upon a huge world, grade A story telling, tons of content with no half ass'd-filler, & more mini games than you can count? The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is the answer!

Despite what you've heared, TW3 is amazingly big, don't let naysayers fool the reality that is a massive world. Only games 'bigger' than it on the PlayStation 4 are MMOs.

The real question worth asking is did you like The Witcher 2? TW3 is essentially that game on roids. I never liked Witchers combat so avoided TW3 like the plague, yet I've still had a good six hours at a friends. It's certainly a required taste.

Bloodborne however is a mix between the first Devil May Cry game and Dark Souls, it's not RPG enough to call it Dark Souls clone so many have shouted, if you enjoy looting and levelling, you won't find that an enjoyable part of Bloodborne. It's more about throwing you into the fight than playing with your build.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 benny_boy98

@RSM-HQ: I'm after the one that is most challenging because if one thing true is that devs don't really put much effort into difficulty making nearly all games now days to much of a breeze I would like the one that feels most rewarding in its end.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ

@benny_boy98: Hardest game on the PlayStation 4 that is a none 2D indie is The Evil Within. I bloody love this game. . .But I'm getting off topic. .

Seeing as this is a contest of two, let's say, Action RPGs. Bloodborne hands down. The Witcher 3 is an overall easier game to the previous entry.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 benny_boy98

@RSM-HQ: tbh your not really going of topic i was going to put the evil within in the title but then changed my mind as I'm looking for a newer game but i might go with this as I also haven't played a good horror game since Alan wake

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ

@benny_boy98: The Evil Within has had some considerable improvements since its launch as well. Too late for me as I've already bested it seven times overall on two platforms :D

But I'd highly recommend it and don't feel bad if your death count ranks over one hundred in your first run :P The game is brutal!

It's still off subject however, even if your intent was difficulty, or an overall less casual game. . The topic remains "The Witcher 3 or Bloodborne" ^0^

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Imo the combat in witcher 3 is actually really fun. But obviously blood borne being a game with a very big focus on combat is going to have a more intense combat system and enemy ai. But witcher is also isn't bad in terms of combat. The dodge button can't be mashed in quick succession like in bloodborne because geralt is a bit slower than the character in bloodbirne. It isn't exactly slow but just not as fast. I personally like that tbh because it means I need to be more aware of the timing of my dodge and not just spam it. Plus I don't think witcher has any invincibility frames. Idk u can watch these vids I uploaded from my ps4 to see if you like the combat.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=28VOgitrSGo

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=sp5jS_vMf5o

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ

@BboyStatix: You can't really spam dodge in Bloodborne to avoid damage because only the first 0.2 seconds of the animation avoids damage. Spam=death.

Let alone you have lock-on dash, and unlocked roll. It's been proven two big facts about evade in BB, 1) use a source of light and your distance gained is cut one third, 2) roll> dash for avoiding damage, dash> roll breaking the gap/ creating distance.

This creates an array of depth that speed runners are already exploiting.

As W3 combat goes, I dunno. Your videos hardly changed my view. But your pretty good at it :P

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BboyStatix

@RSM-HQ: Ahh I didn't know that but could you explain what you mean by the first 0.2 seconds avoids damage? Does it mean 0.2 seconds of invincibility regardless of the orientation of your dodge? So can i dodge through the attacks or something? I mean if your hitbox is completely out of the range of the attack then that's pretty much dependent on how fast you can move your hitbox out of the attack. If its invincibility frames you're talking about then I understand but otherwise it depends completely on the speed of the attack of the enemy.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@benny_boy98 said:

I also haven't played a good horror game since Alan wake

Alan Wake was such an underrated game

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ

@BboyStatix: Correct on the first try! You are invincible during the 0.2 mark of a lock-on dash!

However some enemies have recoil damage effects. So to avoid HP loose you must choose which direction to evade carefully.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BboyStatix

@RSM-HQ: Ahh thanks for the clarification. Anyways it was foolish of me to even compare witcher's combat to bloodborne's which is vastly superior. I guess it was the preparation aspect of witcher that I liked so much. Reading the beastiary and applying oils for a big fight always feels great. Makes me feel like a real witcher which is obviously good for immersion which is very important for an rpg game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RSM-HQ

@BboyStatix: I fully agree, as an overall package The Witcher 3 is the superior game. However Bloodborne has qualities few games can achieve.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Playing both right now, and I like The Witcher 3 much more.

While Bloodborne is gorgeous and the combat is superior, the game grows very repetitive very quickly. I was enjoying Bloodborne up until I beat the blood-starved beast, but after that the game becomes incoherent and makes you wander around aimlessly, and without a guide you'll run in to a wall.

The Witcher 3 on the other hand has beautiful forests and a huge open world to explore full of interesting side quests and seamless cut scenes.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I can't really comment on Bloodborne as I haven't played it but you can't go wrong with The Witcher 3. It's huge and absolutely wonderful. I really enjoyed The Evil Within as well.

poppopzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 poppopzz
Member since 2014 • 45 Posts

I would go for bloodborne, simply because its slightly older, so you could probably pick it up cheaper. Sounds like you will probably end up buying both of them sooner or later. Maybe it is just me, but there doesnt seem to be much good games coming out in the near future.