The Witcher 3 bugs my Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Edge_Plus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

It happens to where I can't save my progress and when I die in the game it just loads forever. When I try to open a different app or play a different game it doesn't work either. Only method that got my xbox to run other apps and games again was unplugging my XB1 and plugging it back in for 30 seconds. Anyone else have this problem? Note: This only happens and HAS ONLY ever happened when I have played TW3.

Fancydancing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Fancydancing
Member since 2015 • 49 Posts

I've had the same issue and honestly what I had to do to get everything to run right again was delete all my local saved games in the settings. After that everything worked as gold. I got about 2 or 3 hours into W3 and had to restart from scratch again. Just hope your saved games are also saved elsewhere or you'll have to start over as well.

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Edge_Plus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

@fancydancing: yeah I've had to go all the way back to my manual save which was 2-3 hours of work lost...

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

buy it on pc or ps4 imo

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Xbox has an issue with "auto loading" games. I don't know what else to call the feature- that thing where you turn your xbox on and you jump back into your game without loading the title screen. DON'T DO THIS. Whenever you are done playing The Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inq, quit to the title screen, and close the app. Don't auto load when you want to play again.

To fix this, unplug your xbox's power cable to reset the cache. Trust me, I had the same problem with both of these games. Couldn't save, and couldn't load data. Just quit the game and app every time. No need to delete save date or uninstall stuff.

LtRobbiesan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LtRobbiesan
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@Shmiity said:

Xbox has an issue with "auto loading" games. I don't know what else to call the feature- that thing where you turn your xbox on and you jump back into your game without loading the title screen. DON'T DO THIS. Whenever you are done playing The Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inq, quit to the title screen, and close the app. Don't auto load when you want to play again.

To fix this, unplug your xbox's power cable to reset the cache. Trust me, I had the same problem with both of these games. Couldn't save, and couldn't load data. Just quit the game and app every time. No need to delete save date or uninstall stuff.

This. I love my XB1, but honestly it does have its issues. Aside from probs with saves, have experienced graphic and audio issues too. The "OnDemand" aspect of XB1 needs work...

Rule of thumb (pending any fixes): always manually shut off your game before shutting down XB1. If you have any problems with games/apps upon wake-up, do a reset (hold power for 10secs, or unplug for 30secs).

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@ProtossX said:

buy it on pc or ps4 imo

Seriously? Very helpful... Just go away.