Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I feel like most gaming villains are poorly written caricatures. A good villain is something to treasure. Guys like Kefka are a dime a dozen and forgettable because...people don't act like that. Don't get me wrong, if he was in an Austin Powers movie, I'm sure he'd do great. Also, crazy people don't get far. Sociopaths are the one's you have to worry about. They get very far because they tend to have a knack for understanding people while at the same time having no moral boundaries...what you call a "cocktail personality." Vaas is an okay sociopath, and I think he resonated with people so well because he was recognizably human while being inhumanly cruel. Ryan could be put in that same boat, but also Ryan is kinda topical with this past decade of real world corporate decadence leading to ruin.

My pick would be David from the Last of Us. That whole winter segment was phenomenal and in that final confrontation will David was so intense. Just the right mix of helplessness combined with "bring your face to me ax!" You didn't feel helpless fighting Kefka. For all his being a god, you take him down with 3 men and a stuffed animal in a generic JRPG last-boss battle format.

AGeekyLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 AGeekyLink
Member since 2014 • 58 Posts

@reignoftrek: To easy to beat each time. Not powerful enough to be an ultimate vilain.