The Twilight Years?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxBenblasterxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 xxBenblasterxx
Member since 2013 • 98 Posts

There has of recent been a glut of very pretty games released and soon to be released, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 and Halo 4 to name a few. However as this console generation enters the twilight of its years with Orbis and Durango on the horizon, It's now more than ever i believe consoles are starting to show their age and after the game play demo's we saw at E3 2012 of next-gen games 'Watchdogs' and 'StarWars 1313' i'm finding it hard to truely appreciate the beauty of recent releases knowing that no matter of pretty they look it could always be better.

e3-2012-star-wars-1313-screenshots.jpg  

watchdogs_screen_02tcm1953800_22333.nphd

Anyone else finding the twilight of this current generation spoiled by the promises of whats to come? 

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
No.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Meh, graphics right now are good enough for me. Having them upgraded is just a nice bonus.

And really its only the games that strive to be "realistic" that need to continue to be upgraded. Cell shaded games like Ni No Kuni and Wind Waker HD I feel have reached the limit with how good they can possibly look.

I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII right now on PS2 and holy cow its aged well.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Nope. I was never big on graphics anyway.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

There has of recent been a glut of very pretty games released and soon to be released, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 and Halo 4 to name a few. However as this console generation enters the twilight of its years with Orbis and Durango on the horizon, It's now more than ever i believe consoles are starting to show their age and after the game play demo's we saw at E3 2012 of next-gen games 'Watchdogs' and 'StarWars 1313' i'm finding it hard to truely appreciate the beauty of recent releases knowing that no matter of pretty they look it could always be better.

e3-2012-star-wars-1313-screenshots.jpg  

watchdogs_screen_02tcm1953800_22333.nphd

Anyone else finding the twilight of this current generation spoiled by the promises of whats to come? 

xxBenblasterxx
Sounds like a personal problem to me. I think current gen games look fantastic. Of course, you're talking to someone who was raised during the 8-bit gen so I have a lot of appreciation for just how far the technology has come.