The Sega Saturn is one of the best video game consoles ever

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

I think the Saturn should get as much respect as the Genesis and Dreamcast have gotten!

- Mega Man 8

- Galactic Attack

- Radiant Silvergun

- Guardian Heroes

- Dark Savior

- Panzer Dragoon Saga

- NIGHTS Into Dreams

- Resident Evil

- Bomberman

- Darius Gaiden

- Shining Force III

- Dragon Force

- Command and Conquer

What do you guys think? Do you like the Saturn? Do you think it will ever get the admiration that the Genesis and Dreamcast still get today? Tell me what you think!

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Saturn is far and away the greatest system of all time. Its major issue was that so many of its incredible games never made it out of Japan, but if you have a way to play those it doesn't get any better.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#3 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
The Saturn, even without imports, is one of my favourite systems. For nostalgia reasons and non-nostalgia reasons.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

It is definitely a top 10 system for me, and I would agree that it has one of the most horribly underrated libraries in gaming history, especially when you bring in all the great imports that never made it outside Japan. However, I would not say it was a good as the Dreamcast and especially not as good as the Genesis/MD.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

the Saturn is my favourite Sega system , in fact, I was playing Enemy Zero not too long ago.

yeah , I bet that was a real surprise

Spironcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Spironcheese
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
That's quite a broad statement considering that the Genesis had hundreds of good games and the Dreamcast hooked up to the Internet before the ps2 and Xbox and put a screen in the controller before the Wii U. I do agree the Saturn holds its place in gaming history ,but I don't believe it was as near as good as it's predecessor or successor.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

The Saturn was an excellent system in spite of its shortcomings. It had a strong and unique identity.

The Dreamcast just never quite evolved like it, nor it had enough generational benchmark titles.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Panzer_Zwei

That's quite a broad statement considering that the Genesis had hundreds of good games and the Dreamcast hooked up to the Internet before the ps2 and Xbox and put a screen in the controller before the Wii U. I do agree the Saturn holds its place in gaming history ,but I don't believe it was as near as good as it's predecessor or successor.Spironcheese

Saturn did online first, actually.

For me the Saturn was an overall better system with a better game library. At least it carried me through the generation, something that the Dreamcast just couldn't.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
yes it has nights into dreams that's all it needs
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

[QUOTE="Spironcheese"]That's quite a broad statement considering that the Genesis had hundreds of good games and the Dreamcast hooked up to the Internet before the ps2 and Xbox and put a screen in the controller before the Wii U. I do agree the Saturn holds its place in gaming history ,but I don't believe it was as near as good as it's predecessor or successor.Panzer_Zwei

For me the Saturn was an overall better system with a better game library. At least it carried me through the generation, something that the Dreamcast just couldn't.

sega genesis has online w/ xband

BlendThree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlendThree
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

Agreed- the Saturn got a bum rap it totally didn't deserve but behind the scenes it was the developers who were complaining. It's no coincidence that Sega's next effort (Dreamcast) would be configured like a giant Playstation 1. I had the Saturn right when it launched and remember it very fondly.

SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

It's a great system and definitely on my list to get after I'm done with my Dreamcast collection. It's just too bad that its best games are expensive.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
AHUGECAT is still alive?
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Indeed. It's s shame it didn't last long here in NA.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Panzer_Zwei

Indeed. It's s shame it didn't last long here in NA.

Seabas989

It didn't lasted much longer in Japan neither. First party support was cut in 1998. The difference is that SEGA had little third party publisher support in the west, and they just couldn't publish every other title themselves as fans wanted it.

Spironcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spironcheese
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Spironcheese"]That's quite a broad statement considering that the Genesis had hundreds of good games and the Dreamcast hooked up to the Internet before the ps2 and Xbox and put a screen in the controller before the Wii U. I do agree the Saturn holds its place in gaming history ,but I don't believe it was as near as good as it's predecessor or successor.Panzer_Zwei

Your right, I should say that it was the first console to really simplify online gaming and make it more convenient before the concept of Wifi .
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

sega saturn is my favorite sustem of all time. it had real sega feel to it, with many arcade games and original games, like the panzer dragoon games

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

While I love the Saturn and it's one of my favourite gaming consoles, I also feel that a lot of its games are so overrated.

Nights into Dreams is pretty good, but not the beast many people claim it to be.

I also don't really like Radiant Silvergun or Guardian Heroes.

come to think of it, I don't think I like any game made by Treasure with the exception of Rocket Knight (yes, I know Konami developed the game, but if I'm not mistaken it was developed by the Treasure before they set out on their own)

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I'm not sure if the Saturn is my all-time favorite console at this point (it's hard to dethrone the SNES), but it's definitely up there and worth owning, especially if you understand Japanese or play games where language isn't much of a barrier. Bonus points if you can scrounge up a couple of multi-taps, 10 gamepads, and 9 other people for a full multiplayer session of Saturn Bomberman. I totally want to do that some day. That said, this has to be the best console advertising campaign ever. Play Sega Saturn, or Segata Sanshiro is gonna show up to kick your ass!
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

While it had good games, it's library was no where near the amount of good games that the Genesis and the Nintendo consoles had going for them, and it doesn't help a lot of them never released state-side.

Personally, I never understood the amount of love the console got. Yeah, it's a solid console with some great games, but what killed it for me was there was no great Sonic game. I never liked Blast, Jam was pretty mediocre, and Sonic R was nothing compared to many other racing titles (and you don't base a series off of it's spin-offs, or Mario would be the greatest series of all time). It had some great games, but not enough to even challenge the greatness that was the Genesis, or most of the other consoles out at the time.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bultje112

While it had good games, it's library was no where near the amount of good games that the Genesis and the Nintendo consoles had going for them, and it doesn't help a lot of them never released state-side.

Personally, I never understood the amount of love the console got. Yeah, it's a solid console with some great games, but what killed it for me was there was no great Sonic game. I never liked Blast, Jam was pretty mediocre, and Sonic R was nothing compared to many other racing titles (and you don't base a series off of it's spin-offs, or Mario would be the greatest series of all time). It had some great games, but not enough to even challenge the greatness that was the Genesis, or most of the other consoles out at the time.

WiiCubeM1

how can you ever say the saturn got much love. it has to be right up there with the systems that have been getting nothing but crap poured onto them, like sega cd, which is also an awesome system.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
If anything, the Saturn's seeing a resurgence in popularity due to Internet word of mouth, just like the Dreamcast and the GameCube. People know what the good games are now...especially all those Japan-exclusive titles.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

bultje112

how can you ever say the saturn got much love. it has to be right up there with the systems that have been getting nothing but crap poured onto them, like sega cd, which is also an awesome system.

I think he was referring to the love it receives now because back when it was Sega's current console and several years after it was discontinued it got a lot of flack. Now, however it is probably one of the most beloved gaming systems, especially from that gen. I think a lot of this has to do with the great, but few, RPGs on the console. Whenever a console has great RPGs on it, the love for that console seems to increase like 10-fold, at least from what I've observed.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Panzer_Zwei

If anything, the Saturn's seeing a resurgence in popularity due to Internet word of mouth, just like the Dreamcast and the GameCube. People know what the good games are now...especially all those Japan-exclusive titles.NamelessPlayer

I don't think it's quite the same, at least to how it was with the Dreamcast since I haven't a clue and are not really interested in the GameCube scene.

I remember the sudden but huge popularity boom the Dreamcast got some years ago. And at least at that point in time its increased popularity and praise was clearly due in a big part to its well known and widespread software piracy.

People that already had a PS2 or any other system also bought the Dreamcast because they got it cheap and because they didn't had to purchase software for it. Also due to piracy, people got more familair with the system japan-exclusive library than with the Saturn.

Personally, back then I had a hard time taking this supposed DC fanbase seriously.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I think he was referring to the love it receives now because back when it was Sega's current console and several years after it was discontinued it got a lot of flack. Now, however it is probably one of the most beloved gaming systems, especially from that gen. I think a lot of this has to do with the great, but few, RPGs on the console. Whenever a console has great RPGs on it, the love for that console seems to increase like 10-fold, at least from what I've observed.

I don't know, the Saturn does have a group of very dedicated fans , not sure if its loved, its just that its gotten a reputation as a bit of a collector's system (even if its no more collectibe than any other less popular mainstream system)
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rilpas

[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"]If anything, the Saturn's seeing a resurgence in popularity due to Internet word of mouth, just like the Dreamcast and the GameCube. People know what the good games are now...especially all those Japan-exclusive titles.Panzer_Zwei

I don't think it's quite the same, at least to how it was with the Dreamcast since I haven't a clue and are not really interested in the GameCube scene.

I remember the sudden but huge popularity boom the Dreamcast got some years ago. And at least at that point in time its increased popularity and praise was clearly due in a big part to its well known and widespread software piracy.

People that already had a PS2 or any other system also bought the Dreamcast because they got it cheap and because they didn't had to purchase software for it. Also due to piracy, people got more familair with the system japan-exclusive library than with the Saturn.

Personally, back then I had a hard time taking this supposed DC fanbase seriously.

Personally I think the DC's boom in popularity was just a colective mix of remorse and hipster attitude from the gaming community.

Remorse because "oh noes, Sega is dead"

and hipster attitude because "I liked the dreamcast before it was cool!"

not saying the dreamcast sucks or anything, but it seems to have been elevated to an almost godlike status these past few years, something which I don't think the system really deserves

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I don't agree at all. the saturn was always loved by hardcore gamers, but by the regular crowd it's not good or anything.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"]If anything, the Saturn's seeing a resurgence in popularity due to Internet word of mouth, just like the Dreamcast and the GameCube. People know what the good games are now...especially all those Japan-exclusive titles.rilpas

Personally I think the DC's boom in popularity was just a colective mix of remorse and hipster attitude from the gaming community.

Remorse because "oh noes, Sega is dead"

and hipster attitude because "I liked the dreamcast before it was cool!"

not saying the dreamcast sucks or anything, but it seems to have been elevated to an almost godlike status these past few years, something which I don't think the system really deserves

I'd agree that could've been right in the case of the media. You know, the same guys who gave excellent arcade game conversions like ZOMBIE REVENGE ridiculous low scores only to come up with DC revival articles where they'd label it as one of the system finests.

But honestly, I seriously doubt the system would've gotten as popular among the internet gaming community without the piracy part. If people actually had needed to go and purchase actual software, I'm sure many of them just wouldn't have gotten the system in the first place.

And that's the thing, unlike most other systems, the rabid DC fanbase that elevated the system back then was composed in a big part of pirates. And for many of them it was the first system they ever pirated software by themselves.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bultje112

you couldn't be more wrong imo. dreamcast software sales were fine until late agust of 2000 when they hacked the dreamcast. also the dreamcast launch outside of japan was incredible.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Panzer_Zwei

^ You're talking about the launch and around the time the system was still going. I'm talking about the huge resurgence in populairty boom the system had, and that was well after 2000, and after the system was hacked.

The whole DC scene ended up being in big part about the piracy, and hombrew, really. Praising the Dreamcast then became fashionable and the cool thing to do.

That was a very clear thing to see at the time.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darkman2007

^ You're talking about the launch and around the time the system was still going. I'm talking about the huge resurgence in populairty boom the system had, and that was well after 2000, and after the system was hacked.

The whole DC scene ended up being in big part about the piracy, and hombrew, really. Praising the Dreamcast then became fashionable and the cool thing to do.

Panzer_Zwei
its quite ironic, Sega used the GD-ROM exactly to counter piracy, hence why there was no copy protection in the Dreamcast itself , there was supposed to be no need to. of course, Piracy was also rampant on the PS1, but its different, on the PS1, if 100,000 thousand people are pirating games, its a drop in the ocean , on the Dreamcast it means alot more.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Is that all? Not convincing.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Yeah, it is, and props for mentioning Galactic Attack.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

I don't agree at all. the saturn was always loved by hardcore gamers, but by the regular crowd it's not good or anything.

Define hardcore gamer?

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

bultje112

I meant the love it receives now, let alone here on Legacy, which is where the Sega people all seem to have ended up. Most people I know love it, or at least say it was underrated.

And as someone who grew up with a Sega CD, it deserves the hatred it got.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

WiiCubeM1

I meant the love it receives now, let alone here on Legacy, which is where the Sega people all seem to have ended up. Most people I know love it, or at least say it was underrated.

you are the last oen to be taken serious anyway. your name alone gives away your incredible fanboyism, that is typical for nintendo. sega fans usually only go to their own forums, sega-16, sega saturn forums etc. even I, who is definitely a sega fanboy, only look at the topics concerning sega. while you are looking at those topics to simply troll

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

WiiCubeM1

It has a ton of great games, people love the system because, unlike the PS1/N64, most of its great games have remained exclusive. It's a simple matter of preferance. If you like 2D fighting games, 2D action/platformers, multiplayer party games, shmups, beat 'em ups, RPGs, SEGA arcade games, etc. you'll love the Saturn.

I mean, it's why the N64 is a failed console in my eyes. It has a pathetic lineup of fighting games and RPGs, no shmups, no beat 'em ups, and a horrible lineup of 2D platformers/action games.

Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

The Saturn is very similar to the PS1, imo. In that case the Saturn is completely useless for high quality fps, tps, racers, platformers, adventures and a bunch of other genres. The numerous amount of 2D games is not a reason to being happy about, in fact the Saturn is capable for decent 3D visuals. So why not more 3D games? Also there is no built in 4 player support.

It is a decent system, however I prefer the Dreamcast which is the best Sega system.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

you are the last oen to be taken serious anyway. your name alone gives away your incredible fanboyism, that is typical for nintendo. sega fans usually only go to their own forums, sega-16, sega saturn forums etc. even I, who is definitely a sega fanboy, only look at the topics concerning sega. while you are looking at those topics to simply troll

Actually, I came up with this name 7 years ago. It's the name I game under. I only chose it here because... well, it's a gaming forum and I couldn't think of anything else.

I'm not trolling. I really think the Sega CD was a terrible addition for the Genesis and the Saturn, while good, is pretty over rated when it's competition had better games and just more of them. I was a pretty big Sega guy back in the day, as all I had was the Genesis until 1998 when I got an N64. I may be a huge Nintendo guy, but the Sega is still a major love of mine. I love the Genesis more than almost any other console, but I criticize where criticism is due.

And if you spend any amount of time on Legacy (not you personally, it's just a figurative statement), you'll notice a lot of the people here are huge Sega fans as it's pretty much the only place on Gamespot they can get together and talk about the old consoles. I've noticed it, accepted it, and if the conversation is right, I'll join in.

I spend a lot of time on System Wars, so I come across as troll-ish to people I don't talk to often. Don't take my comments as seriously as they seem. I mean, I can't even tell if I actually offended you or If you're trying to psych me out because I don't agree with your opinion of the Saturn, text is very limiting, you know. People here hate the N64, but it's my favorite console of all time, but you don't see me accusing them of trolling or that their opinion means less than mine simply because it's different.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

Lucianu

It has a ton of great games, people love the system because, unlike the PS1/N64, most of its great games have remained exclusive. It's a simple matter of preferance. If you like 2D fighting games, 2D action/platformers, multiplayer party games, shmups, beat 'em ups, RPGs, SEGA arcade games, etc. you'll love the Saturn.

I mean, it's why the N64 is a failed console in my eyes. It has a pathetic lineup of fighting games and RPGs, no shmups, no beat 'em ups, and a horrible lineup of 2D platformers/action games.

I just never really saw the Saturn as an amazing console. It had some great games (freaking NiGHTS!), but what it did right, I think the Genesis and SNES did better.

The N64, while it did have an abyssmal library in comparison to the PS1 in size, had some amazing games that outclass most games on the Saturn. I always put quality over quantity, and with the exception of NiGHTS into Dreams and that Shinobi game, I never saw or played anything that really drew my interest.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Saturn's a good machine, but its still my least favourite of the four main Sega systems, and my least favourite of the three major 5th gen systems.

-------------------------------------------------

In regards to the Dreamcast surging in popularity, its worth noting that the games were basically discounted and dumped on mass late 2001. When the Gamecube came out I bought a Gamecube, and I recommended my friend buy a Dreamcast, as he never had any cash and I knew there were many highly rated games for the system already which were now cheap, within a few months he had like 10 times the number of games I did, because Dreamcast games ended up selling for some ridiculous £5 odd at the time, worse still the games were clearly better than what I had on Gamecube (except maybe SBM).

So really, you didn't have to pirate anything to amass a huge number of Dreamcast games, the games were everywhere and were dirt cheap, I think a lot of the popularity these days might simply be from kids who were bought them second hand on the cheap down flea markets and boot fairs.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lucianu

The N64, while it did have an abyssmal library in comparison to the PS1 in size, had some amazing games that outclass most games on the Saturn. I always put quality over quantity, and with the exception of NiGHTS into Dreams and that Shinobi game, I never saw or played anything that really drew my interest.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

WiiCubeM1

The N64 was a better console for certain genres, wile the Saturn was a better console for another portion of certain genres. It has nothing to do with 'quality over quantity'. Both systems, in respective genres, had both quantity and quality.

To illuminate you, here's the cream of the crop in the genres the Saturn handled well. Note - there are a ton of games in each respective genre, i'll only mention the ones i feel are undisputably of the highest quality.

RPGs - The N64 had Ogre battle 64 and Paper Mario. The Saturn had Panzer Dragoon Saga (jp version is cheap), Shinning Force III Scenario 1, 2 and 3, Dragon Force I&II, Shinning The Holy Ark, The Legend of Oasis, Magic Knight Rayearth and Albert Odyssey.

Fighting games - The N64 had Super Smash Bros., Killer Instinct Gold and Mortal Kombat 4. The Saturn had Virtua Fighter 2, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter Zero 3, Vampire Saviour, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Waku Waku 7, Astra SuperStars, .. and a dozen more quality arcade ports.

2D action/platformers/run 'n gun - The N64 had Mischief Makers and a pathetic port of Bangai-O (kind of like a shmup, but oh well). The Saturn had Astal, Super Tempo, Shinobi-X, Purikura Daisakusen, Keio Flying Squadron 2, Mega Man X4 and Assault Suit Leynos 2.

Beat 'em ups - The N64 had none. The Saturn had Guardian Heroes, Dungeons & Dragons Collection and Die Hard Arcade.

Shmups - The N64 had a couple, but i'll be damned if i know. The Saturn had Battle Garrega, Galactic Attack, Darius Gaiden, Radient Silvergun, Gunbird, Batsugun, Cotton 2, Game Tengoku - The Game Paradise and Sengoku Blade.

And then you've got awesome games dripping with the said quality you're speaking of like Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Nights into Dreams, SEGA Rally Championship, Virtua Cop 2, Saturn Bomberman, Winter Heat, Daytona USA CE (jp import), Bulk Slash, Silhouette Mirage, etc., etc.

You're right in that last sentance tho, different strokes for different folks.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

It is definitely a top 10 system for me, and I would agree that it has one of the most horribly underrated libraries in gaming history, especially when you bring in all the great imports that never made it outside Japan. However, I would not say it was a good as the Dreamcast and especially not as good as the Genesis/MD.

Shenmue_Jehuty
IMO, the Genesis would be the best Sega console, then the Saturn, then the Dreamcast. I don't get the appeal of the Dreamcast to be honest.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rilpas
[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

AlexKidd5000
IMO, the Genesis would be the best Sega console, then the Saturn, then the Dreamcast. I don't get the appeal of the Dreamcast to be honest.

master system > dreamcast
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

rilpas

master system > dreamcast

look out your window, you might just find some people with torches and pitchforks after you said that.
silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Seriously, Astal is an absolutely horrible game, I have no idea why anyone brings it up, all it has going for it is the graphics, that's literally it, gameplay wise its so uninspired and slow it makes Yoshi's Story look like an action-packed extravanganza of intense exhilaration.

Also Bangai-O is not a port, the N64 game is the original version.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I bought a Saturn in the early 2000s.....I don't get the love. Sure it's got some good games, but nothing really struck me. My most two played games were Decathlete and Fire Prowrestling: 6man Scramble. I will say that the Saturn's controller is, hands-down, the best controller ever constructed, given what it was designed to be.
Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

Panzer_Zwei

That and also you can get the DC for cheap with loads of games. Even in Japan AFAIK there are developers releasing titles for it occasionally since its 'teh hardcore.'

Also had the chance to start reading your blog again, any chance youll transfer your GS blog entries?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lucianu

Seriously, Astal is an absolutely horrible game, I have no idea why anyone brings it up, all it has going for it is the graphics, that's literally it, gameplay wise its so uninspired and slow it makes Yoshi's Story look like an action-packed extravanganza of intense exhilaration.

Also Bangai-O is not a port, the N64 game is the original version.

Domino_slayer

It's something common, from what i've seen over time, a lot of people love it, and on the flip side of the coin a lot of people hate it. It's a slower paced platformer with simplistic level design, but i throughly enjoyed playing it. It's no classic, but it's a good game.

Yeah, my mistake, i should have said 'version'.