The PS1 is overrated

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AMGMercedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AMGMercedes
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

I don't know what's so great about the PS1. It's a mediocre console.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
wait, what?? PSOne had so many great games! Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile Silent Hill, 3 FF games, Parasite Eve! Resident Evil 1 2 3! Those FF anthologies and chronicles are worth it too. Chrono Cross! Star Ocean: The Second Story! Lunar and Lunar 2! Arc the Lad! I'm sure there are non RPGs on it too....Torneko! ...damn thats an RPG too...
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

AMGMercedes

I guess you weren't around when we were playing games like Metal Gear, Gran Turismo 2, Resident Evil 2, Tenchu 1 and 2, and Castlevania.

Oh well, your loss.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#4 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
wait, what?? PSOne had so many great games! Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile Silent Hill, 3 FF games, Parasite Eve! Resident Evil 1 2 3! Those FF anthologies and chronicles are worth it too. Chrono Cross! Star Ocean: The Second Story! Lunar and Lunar 2! Arc the Lad! I'm sure there are non RPGs on it too....Torneko! ...damn thats an RPG too...Allicrombie
I feel like I've seen this before... There's some good games like Brave Fencer Musashi.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]wait, what?? PSOne had so many great games! Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile Silent Hill, 3 FF games, Parasite Eve! Resident Evil 1 2 3! Those FF anthologies and chronicles are worth it too. Chrono Cross! Star Ocean: The Second Story! Lunar and Lunar 2! Arc the Lad! I'm sure there are non RPGs on it too....Torneko! ...damn thats an RPG too...shadowchronicle
I feel like I've seen this before... There's some good games like Brave Fencer Musashi.

don't forget Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster!
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

It's a mediocre console.

AMGMercedes
*Chuckles*, children these days say the craziest things.
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

AMGMercedes

If you were around 15yo when during the PS1 era you would think the total opposite. By your comment i assume you are a teen now...

Current gen was total shit compared to the days of the PS1 and PS2.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
PS1 was always amazing,no matter how old that thing was,I may have sold it a couple of years ago,but I DO keep several amazing games from it as of today,name it the classic Metal Gear Solid,Klonoa: Door to Phantomile,Spyro,Resident Evil,lots to have in one console
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

If you were around 15yo when during the PS1 era you would think the total opposite. By your comment i assume you are a teen now...

ManatuBeard

It doesn't matter whether one was a gamer during its generation, i started gaming in '06, and played the PS1 first time in '08. It's not overrated at all -

You got JRPGs that still dwarf anything in later generations (cream of the crop right here, imo):

• FF IX
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Xenogears
  • Suikoden II
  • Parasite Eve
  • Lunar: Silver Star & Eternal Blue Complete
  • Grandia
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment
  • Brave Fencer Musashi
  • Alundra
  • Tales of Destiny II
  • Vagrant Story
  • Wild ARMs I & II
  • Threads of Fate
  • Arc the Lad Collection
  • Star Ocean 2
  • SaGa Frontier

You got 2D/3D platformers still fun as hell to play (cream of the crop right here, imo):

• Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3
  • Spyro The Dragon 1,2 & 3
  • Ape Escape
  • Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
  • Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
  • Tomba 1 & 2

You got action/unique/shmups/etc. (2D/3D) games still fun as hell to play (cream of the crop right here, imo):

• Metal Gear Solid
  • Einhander
  • Parrapa The Rapper
  • Fear Effect 1 & 2
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Strider 2
  • Crash Team Racing
  • Um Jammer Lammy
  • Thunder Force V
  • G.Darius
  • Silent Hill
  • MediEvil
  • Elemental GearBolt
  • Megaman X4, 5 & 6
  • Panzer Bandit
  • Gunner's Heaven
  • Harmful Park

And let's sprinkle some quality fighting games:

• Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Rival Schools
  • Tobal 2
  • Tekken 3
  • Bushido Blade 2

Any system with 55 excellent games, is a magnificent system in my book.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
System Wars: 1996 edition.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

you guys sure take some easy bait

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
No it isn't you twat. I've hardly even dipped my foot into it's massive library and it's still probably my favorite console next to the gamecube.
AMGMercedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AMGMercedes

*Chuckles*, children these days say the craziest things.LittleMac19
Did I offended your parents?

ManatuBeard

Spending a childhood playing on the PS1 has given me a great respect for the console, but I'm not a child anymore and the games haven't grown up with me.

System Wars: 1996 edition.Stinger78
GS Legacy, a sort of place where opinions are not allowed.

LordBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LordBrew
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
Perhaps explain your opinion further? Would be interesting to see why you think it's mediocre rather than just seeing you state that.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The original Sony Playstation debuted on December 3rd 1994 lasted until March 26th 2006 selling a staggering 103.5 million consoles. This was the first console to successfully use CD-Roms as the medium for videogames. Plus the tons of great games that the first Playstation had. Destroying the competition from Nintendo and Sega as well as others. 

Now we are about the open the 4th era of Playstation. But it started with Sonys grey 32-bit CD Rom console in 1994. The original Playstation is hardly overated.  

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Don't you dare trash my childhood console...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts
I would not call the ps1 mediocre, but I can see why someone would call it overrated. There are quite a few games from that era that have not aged well. For instance, I used to love Crash Banicoot, but now days it just feels dull. Midevil has aged even worse. There are still some great games to play though, but overall the N64's smaller games library has aged better. Oops, did I just turn this into a system wars topic?
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

[QUOTE="LittleMac19"]Did I offended your parents?

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

AMGMercedes

Spending a childhood playing on the PS1 has given me a great respect for the console, but I'm not a child anymore and the games haven't grown up with me.

System Wars: 1996 edition.Stinger78
GS Legacy, a sort of place where opinions are not allowed.

Opinions are the biggest reason forums exist. My point was that this type of topic and first post are exactly the same types of topics and posts seen in System Wars. The difference here, is that there have been 2, and now an upcoming 3rd successor to the original PlayStation, so it may not be as overrated or mediocre as you state.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
I agree, it wasn't ready for 3D graphics even though Sony forced them, 3D games looked absolutely awful and hurt my eyes. Also gamers had to compromise a lot when we settled for CDs over cartridges. It fooled millions of children into thinking games were good because they showed fancy cutscenes in the commercials instead of gameplay. There were some good 2D games though.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 YoshiYogurt
I agree, it wasn't ready for 3D graphics even though Sony forced them, 3D games looked absolutely awful and hurt my eyes. Also gamers had to compromise a lot when we settled for CDs over cartridges. It fooled millions of children into thinking games were good because they showed fancy cutscenes in the commercials instead of gameplay. There were some good 2D games though. DaBrainz
rofl Spyro, Crash, Metal Gear Solid and tons of other 3D games are bad? They looked amazing and were revolutionary at the time lol "choosing CDs over carts"? CDs were a no brainer. Games were way cheaper than SNES or N64 games and were way more portable to being to a friends. It was also a freakin CD player! I remember my Dad playing tons of CDs on it through our home audio system. Please come back when you know what you are talking about.
SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
Awww, how adorable ...
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I recently acquired a copy of my favorite Playstation game ever- Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. I had absolutely no concept of how supassingly UGLY that game was. It also didn't support dual analog, so I had to relearn an antiquated control scheme, learn to decipher the sharp-edged squiggles and low res textures(made worse by playing it on an HD TV) and navigate the horrid draw distance. All that being said, it's still a better game than many that came out this generation.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
N64 rules.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lucianu

I agree, it wasn't ready for 3D graphics even though Sony forced them, 3D games looked absolutely awful and hurt my eyes. Also gamers had to compromise a lot when we settled for CDs over cartridges. It fooled millions of children into thinking games were good because they showed fancy cutscenes in the commercials instead of gameplay. There were some good 2D games though. DaBrainz

If you can appreciate games based on the time and system they released on, then graphics are never a problem.

Mechanically, a LOT of games on the PS1 has aged well, and are really fun to play.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

This thread is mediocre.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

[QUOTE="LittleMac19"]*Chuckles*, children these days say the craziest things.AMGMercedes

Did I offended your parents?

*laughs* good one!  Seriously though, You probably did, I would think they would expect more substance from a thread OP which makes a claim but doesn't explain how or why they think that way and fails to back up that claim in anyway whatsoever. Now, I can respect the fact that the system doesn't fit your tastes but to say it's mediocre simply because you "grew up" and don't like it anymore is baffling really. Like someone else said, you're probably better off in SW where making baseless and ridiculous claims is more commonly accepted.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
The PS1 is only bettered as a console by the PS2 in my opinion.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#28 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
The PS1 was an excellent console. I won't waste my breath further.
AMGMercedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AMGMercedes

Quoted for the truth.

lol "choosing CDs over carts"?YoshiYogurt
Cartridges are better for arcade games.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

AMGMercedes

They're the Mercedes AMG's of the console world; decent but not the best.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
Well a lot of people overrate it simply because they were bought one when they were younger because parents generally only knew about the Playstation in the late 90's - 2005. Look at the original XBox for example. It cost more than a PS2 and was a brand new console at the time so obviously most kids wouldn't have even known what it was or been bought one so that's why people trash it and say it was the worst of the gen or one of the worst of all time.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 YoshiYogurt
Well a lot of people overrate it simply because they were bought one when they were younger because parents generally only knew about the Playstation in the late 90's - 2005. Look at the original XBox for example. It cost more than a PS2 and was a brand new console at the time so obviously most kids wouldn't have even known what it was or been bought one so that's why people trash it and say it was the worst of the gen or one of the worst of all time. XxR3m1xInHDn3D
lack of games is the reason the xbox pales in comparison to the GC and PS2. There are maybe a whole 5 games I'd collect for it.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#33 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

No.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

FF7, FF9, Metal Gear Solid, Tom Raider II, Resident Evil 2, WWF Smackdown, so many great games.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

I quite enjoyed my PS1.  The only reason it's not still hooked up is because of the backwards compatability of my PS2.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lucianu

[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"]Well a lot of people overrate it simply because they were bought one when they were younger because parents generally only knew about the Playstation in the late 90's - 2005. Look at the original XBox for example. It cost more than a PS2 and was a brand new console at the time so obviously most kids wouldn't have even known what it was or been bought one so that's why people trash it and say it was the worst of the gen or one of the worst of all time. YoshiYogurt
lack of games is the reason the xbox pales in comparison to the GC and PS2. There are maybe a whole 5 games I'd collect for it.

That's not true, at all. You've said that before, despite the fact that i've shed some knowledge on its library of exclusives.. I had an opinion similar to your own, actually i thought the OG Xbox is worthless if you have a PC. Until i actually bought one, and hunted its quality games down.

All things aside, you need to try out these exclusive games for the OG Xbox.

• Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Metal Wolf Chaos
  • Outrun 2
  • Shenmue II
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Otogi: Myth of Demons
  • Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
  • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
  • GunValkyrie
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer
  • Project Gotham Racing 2
  • RalliSport Challenge 2
  • Steel battalion

They easily rival any exclusive on the Gamecube. For example, Outrun 2 is one of the best arcade racing games i have ever played in my life, it's so polished, so much fun and chock full with content/unlockables, it easily rivals another favorite of mine that i've played extensivelly - F-Zero GX.

Then there's the cell-shaded brilliance of the sandbox platformer Jet Set Radio Future, the beautifully atmospheric japanese fantasy Otogi, the adrenaline pumping experience that is one of the best mech games Metal Wolf Chaos, and so on.

I love the Gamecube, man, but the OG Xbox and SEGA's last creative brilliant stand is of equal quality to the Gamecube.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 YoshiYogurt

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"]Well a lot of people overrate it simply because they were bought one when they were younger because parents generally only knew about the Playstation in the late 90's - 2005. Look at the original XBox for example. It cost more than a PS2 and was a brand new console at the time so obviously most kids wouldn't have even known what it was or been bought one so that's why people trash it and say it was the worst of the gen or one of the worst of all time. Lucianu

That's not true, at all. You've said that before, despite the fact that i've shed some knowledge on its library of exclusives.. I had an opinion similar to your own, actually i thought the OG Xbox is worthless if you have a PC. Until i actually bought one, and hunted its quality games down.

• Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Metal Wolf Chaos
  • Outrun 2
  • Shenmue II
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • GunValkyrie
  • RalliSport Challenge 2
  • Steel battalion

They easily rival any exclusive on the Gamecube. For example, Outrun 2 is one of the best arcade racing games i have ever played in my life, it's so polished, so much fun and chock full with content/unlockables, it easily rivals another favorite of mine that i've played extensivelly - F-Zero GX.

Then there's the cell-shaded brilliance of the sandbox platformer Jet Set Radio Future, the beautifully atmospheric japanese fantasy Otogi, the adrenaline pumping experience that is one of the best mech games Metal Wolf Chaos, and so on.

I love the Gamecube, man, but the OG Xbox and SEGA's last creative brilliant stand is of equal quality to the Gamecube.

A lot of xbox games just aren't for me, a lot being racers/fighting or sequels to game series I just haven't delved into yet. No games seem very unique or must have to me and is the same problem I have with the Saturn.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lucianu

A lot of xbox games just aren't for me, a lot being racers/fighting or sequels to game series I just haven't delved into yet. No games seem very unique or must have to me and is the same problem I have with the Saturn. YoshiYogurt

If you're ever interested in picking up one OG Xbox game, get Outrun 2. (do not get Coast 2 Coast, despite what people may say, it's not as good, it also has worse graphics, and it's much more expensive and hard to find)

Outrun 2 has modes that differentiate itself from every single racer on Earth, it's a very unique experience. Basically, actually racing against other cars is the last thing you'd do in Outrun 2. The game is less than 4 bucks these days, on Amazon you can find it for like 1$. It's also BC with the 360.

Kidakairis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kidakairis
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I wouldn't call it mediocre, but I have to admit out of all the consoles I owned it was my least favorite. I hear about all these great games for it but when I play them now or even when I was a kid I didn't play them for longer than half an hour tell I got bored and played my SNES, or N64. But it does have an have a pretty popular fan base lol was probably just me.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Right, PS1 sucks. It was just BY FREAKING FAR the best selling system that generation. It has a massive and varied library of games. It started many genres in the 3D realm. It has some of the most legendary RPGs ever made. Entire franchises and development companies we still enjoy today started on the system.

...this just leads me to question what about it exactly sucks to you? And if you say graphics, you could complain that about any old system, plus I'd have to question whether you're really a classic gamer or not. But back when PS1 came out, it was cutting edge tech that wowed the masses.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Right, PS1 sucks. It was just BY FREAKING FAR the best selling system that generation. It has a massive and varied library of games. It started many genres in the 3D realm. It has some of the most legendary RPGs ever made. Entire franchises and development companies we still enjoy today started on the system.

...this just leads me to question what about it exactly sucks to you? And if you say graphics, you could complain that about any old system, plus I'd have to question whether you're really a classic gamer or not. But back when PS1 came out, it was cutting edge tech that wowed the masses.

Emerald_Warrior
It wasn't cutting edge tech, but it was impressive, it had- First of all, this is clearly troll bait best to end it here before making another page.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Jakandsigz

It wasn't cutting edge tech, but it was impressive, it had- First of all, this is clearly troll bait best to end it here before making another page.

Dude, get over yourself. I'm not trolling you. I wasn't even talking to you. I guess me and the other 100 million trolls who bought a PlayStation did it just to piss you off. :roll:

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] lack of games is the reason the xbox pales in comparison to the GC and PS2. There are maybe a whole 5 games I'd collect for it.YoshiYogurt

• Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Metal Wolf Chaos
  • Outrun 2
  • Shenmue II
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • GunValkyrie
  • RalliSport Challenge 2
  • Steel battalion

A lot of xbox games just aren't for me, a lot being racers/fighting or sequels to game series I just haven't delved into yet. No games seem very unique or must have to me and is the same problem I have with the Saturn.

The original XBox has more going for it than just games unlike the other consoles. I have a 1TB HDD in it with an absolute ton of games ranging from atari 2006 - ps1/n64, XBox Media Center that streams music, movies etc from my pc and XBox Live was ridiculously good between 2002 - 2005 and had some of the best multiplayer games out there.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Jakandsigz

It wasn't cutting edge tech, but it was impressive

I think that too.

It was impressive for the time and consoles but not "cutting-edge" tech.

You needed to pay a visit to the arcades to see that tech. (i.e. Sega Model 2, 3)

Still, PS1 running Tekken 3 close to arcade was quite impressive.

Namco basically used the PS1 tech for their System 11 so arcade ports were easy and looked faithful.

Later on, PS1's lack of texture smoothing, perspective correction and anti-aliasing started to become more obvious once consoles like the N64 and Dreamcast came out. (as well as PC's "3D accelerators" )

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

Dude, get over yourself. I'm not trolling you. I wasn't even talking to you. I guess me and the other 100 million trolls who bought a PlayStation did it just to piss you off. :roll:

I understand that you are upset at this thread, but I have no idea why that's kicking you reading comprehension performance. I said it was not cutting edge, but it was impressive in comparison to other consoles, but then cut off and said to stop falling for troll pait before another page. Page= page of this thread, which was clearly troll bait by the TC. I am pretty sure you agree since it seemed to have wored on you and 2 pages of other members here. It was intentionally set up to make you respond like you did. It is best to leave this thread alone.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] It wasn't cutting edge tech, but it was impressive, it had- First of all, this is clearly troll bait best to end it here before making another page.Jakandsigz

I understand that you are upset at this thread, but I have no idea why that's kicking you reading comprehension performance. I said it was not cutting edge, but it was impressive in comparison to other consoles, but then cut off and said to stop falling for troll pait before another page. Page= page of this thread, which was clearly troll bait by the TC. I am pretty sure you agree since it seemed to have wored on you and 2 pages of other members here. It was intentionally set up to make you respond like you did. It is best to leave this thread alone.

Sorry then. But you quoted me, not the TC, so it made it look like you were calling my post troll bait.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

Sorry then. But you quoted me, not the TC, so it made it look like you were calling my post troll bait.

I quoted you to say that it was impressive but was not cutting edge. I fused them together apologies for the misunderstanding.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"]Well a lot of people overrate it simply because they were bought one when they were younger because parents generally only knew about the Playstation in the late 90's - 2005. Look at the original XBox for example. It cost more than a PS2 and was a brand new console at the time so obviously most kids wouldn't have even known what it was or been bought one so that's why people trash it and say it was the worst of the gen or one of the worst of all time. Lucianu

• Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Metal Wolf Chaos
  • Outrun 2
  • Shenmue II
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • GunValkyrie
  • RalliSport Challenge 2
  • Steel battalion

It takes balls to list Steel Battalion- My brother was the only dude I ever met that shelled out the money for the full setup. After his OGBox died, he downloaded a sh!t-ton of drivers and shelled out a ridiculous amount of money for a USB converter so he could use the console to play Mechwarrior with.
Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Yo-SUP
Member since 2013 • 357 Posts
Is this all it takes now?