The Order 1886 lengthy gameplay demo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

My only worries thus far: That they will overkill with the whole from cutscenes to right into gameplay. It is definitely a cool effect, but if they over do it, I could foreshadow it being annoying and be reason I could die (Like instantly get back into the gameplay where a monster rages right at you and me having no time to react since I put my controller down when cutscenes roll). Also, game needs more monster slaying, shooting dudes is fine, but it can get boring after awhile. (Hopefully will be more in final package)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Also, the guy playing the demo is totally build and ripped! Props to him.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Looks like the same ridiculously boring, whack-a-mole style tripe that I've been sick of for years now, now with the added bonus of more cutscenes than actual gameplay. Some of the AI looks piss-stupid as well.

What a waste of an interesting concept, setting, and graphics.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

It's just so frustrating u know the game doesn't do anything to impress you ,it's all cut-scenes and shit....

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I hope there will be more reason to play it than just looking at the graphics.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

Overall, the game looks pretty good. I like the character models, but I am not sure if I like the setting (no fault to the devs). The gameplay appears to be representative of an average corridor shooter, but that does not mean it will be terrible. But, at the same time, it does not look extremely enticing. As for the cut-scenes, I appreciate good cut-scenes, but if they detract from the game, then that is a different story.

Hopefully, the weapon selection, gun play, and AI are strong enough to make it a great game for PS4 owners. We shall see, but right now I would pass on this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Looks good, and while it may play good as well, it just looks like an uncharted clone. I'm a big fan of Uncharted, but the biggest downer this gen--even more than the visuals(Unchared 4 may prove otherwise)--is that games seem to be taking on the same form as last gen. Money talks, I suppose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Some pretty blatant literary influences when you've got characters named Galahad, Percival, Malory, and Igraine...

Probably should have known when they had a Morte D'Arthur quote in the first trailer.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@behardy24 said:

My only worries thus far: That they will overkill with the whole from cutscenes to right into gameplay. It is definitely a cool effect, but if they over do it, I could foreshadow it being annoying and be reason I could die (Like instantly get back into the gameplay where a monster rages right at you and me having no time to react since I put my controller down when cutscenes roll). Also, game needs more monster slaying, shooting dudes is fine, but it can get boring after awhile. (Hopefully will be more in final package)

So far they've shown third person shooting mechanics, QTE's, horror and the whole setting. I just want to know if it's an action game or if it is more of a horror game

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

So far they've shown third person shooting mechanics, QTE's, horror and the whole setting. I just want to know if it's an action game or if it is more of a horror game

Most probably be like The last of us in terms of pacing. With the action and horror segments although I'm speculating. Looks phenomenal and game seems good too. It does look like it's playing it safe but I'm sure it'll be entertaining anyway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@shadowkiller11 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

Most probably be like The last of us in terms of pacing. With the action and horror segments although I'm speculating. Looks phenomenal and game seems good too. It does look like it's playing it safe but I'm sure it'll be entertaining anyway.

I am not a big guy on horror

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@syztem said:

Some pretty blatant literary influences when you've got characters named Galahad, Percival, Malory, and Igraine...

Probably should have known when they had a Morte D'Arthur quote in the first trailer.

My understanding is that they're not references. Some of these characters are 100s of years old...they are supposed to be the actual literary figures.

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

Black bars and silky smooth 30fps for that "cinematic" feel

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

@syztem said:

My understanding is that they're not references. Some of these characters are 100s of years old...they are supposed to be the actual literary figures.

Seems odd considering they all died, and there's a two generation gap between Igraine and Galahad.

Probably something to do with the Holy Grail, if I had to guess... Willing to bet the leader of the Order is a dude named Arthur as well then.

Going to be mildly upset if the game is about stopping Mordred from making a werewolf army.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@syztem said:

@Ish_basic said:

@syztem said:

Seems odd considering they all died, and there's a two generation gap between Igraine and Galahad.

Probably something to do with the Holy Grail, if I had to guess... Willing to bet the leader of the Order is a dude named Arthur as well then.

has something to do with the "black water," whatever that is. But from them explaining it, the story of these characters and folklore like werewolves is, I think supposed to be the bastardization of the stories of very real characters fighting a war with divergent human species across time. It's basically using evolution to explain things as opposed to magic, but maybe there's magic as well....or I'm just hearing them wrong.