The official winner of E3 is....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryno1179
Member since 2015 • 187 Posts

....The Gamers.

For once I can honestly say that MS and Sony both had amazing press conferences and showed off games that we all want to play. I'm sure Nintendo will have some great stuff like they always do as well.

E3 2015 may go down as the best E3 ever.

The true E3 loser will be my wallet as soon as these games are released.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

Indeed. It's been a fantastic E3 so far.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I agree, although I see tons of people complaining already. Unbelievable, IMO. I swear some people LIVE to complain. Life's too short to not get excited by stuff.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@xantufrog: hahaha agreed .

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

This is one of the best years to be a gamer overall. So many good games, so many exciting announcements, my mind can't deal! So excited for the 2015/2016 gaming lineup.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

I think this was the best E3 in years!

So many rumors came out to be true. It's got to be a gamer's dream come true.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Not EA or Nintendo, that's for sure. lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@ryno1179 said:

....The Gamers.

For once I can honestly say that MS and Sony both had amazing press conferences and showed off games that we all want to play. I'm sure Nintendo will have some great stuff like they always do as well.

E3 2015 may go down as the best E3 ever.

I totally agree, I support both companies!

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Sony is the winner IMO.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I agree, although I see tons of people complaining already. Unbelievable, IMO. I swear some people LIVE to complain. Life's too short to not get excited by stuff.

I really want to know what glasses you are looking through on this E3.

Because so far i have seen nothing but sequels, games i knew were coming, games that was supposed to be shown last year and a few gems.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#11 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Yeah, both Sony and MS had great conferences. MS gave me more reasons to want to own one, Sony just well all out in wanting to put on a great show.

The loser is Wii-U only owners.

superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 superman
Member since 2015 • 14 Posts

Sony for sure!! Cant wait to get my hands on ff7 or fallout 4 this year is going to be a hot one!!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xantufrog  Moderator

@Jacanuk: not to be a grumpus in my response, but I don't know how you have such a cynical view on the show. We saw interesting and unique new IP, neat entries in popular franchises, games were announced that people had long assumed were either dead or would never be happening, and fantastic tech (who could watch the hololens demo and not get excited by the possibilities?). The Fallout 4 show was rockin' - they kept throwing more and more onto the fire as they showed it off. Of course you won't like everything (I didn't either), but if nothing there impressed you, then I don't know what you were expecting to see. They might as well have announced HL3 to cap it off :-P

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@xantufrog: Some people will see what they want while seeming to force themselves not to see other things.

I never understood this obsession with new IP while hating squeals. It is not like new IP are a huge factor in improving gaming.

I don't care about HL3. HL2 staging is out of date when looking at current FPS. There are number of complaints about the swing nature of HL2 game play.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Sony won by a landslide. Bethesda, second place. And Microsoft rounds out third.

Squarenix had the most boring conference, and Nintendo had the least exciting announcements.

As for gamers, the winners this year are PC and Xbox owners (I guess). As much as I loved the PS4 conference, comparatively few of the most exciting games will be out within a year. Thankfully I have a gaming PC to compensate for the lack of Q3/Q4 2015 games on my PS4 and Wii U.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

Sony had a better conference then Nintendo and Microsoft. The Last Guardian, Horizon, Shenume, Final Fantasy and Uncharted helped them win.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Only people that showed stuff I'm excited but still highly skeptical of are Squere enix. And they went and did their stupid we can only make a game for a single platform at once bullshit, making me most likely have to wait for both pc releases in 2018 as it's out on ps4 2016 then probs 2017 on the box then a shitty port to pc.. **** this company really hates my money doesn't it.

Though out of the consoles I'd say sony did the best of showing off many tittles and stuff I'd like to play. But again that's something that's been a constant since the beginning of mid last gen and microsoft has done a horrible job at keeping up with them on that front.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@soulsuppressor: how does it feel to be so insecure about something so trivial?

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

I'd say Xbox threw out some incredible announcements such as Backwards compatibility, Gears 4, Recore and Rare replay. However It's hard to ignore that Sony hit home with alot of gamers with Shenmue 3 and the Final Fantasy remake. So I'd say Xbox still won, but not by much. In the end I found both conferences to still be fairly disappointing, there was too much focus on third party non exclusives. Rise Of The Tomb Raider though was definitely my game of E3, with Uncharted 4 coming in at a close second.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Lucky for us we got Battlefront because Uncharted 4 is a blast.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

As much as it pains me to say it I give the nod to MS because of BC. If MS can cut the price of the Xbone to $299 it will really start to sell well. I was also expecting Sony to drop the price of the PS4 to $299. That is the sweet spot where MS would have trouble competing.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@ryno1179 said:

Not mine. I'll wait for GOTY editions or price drops.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Notice how only Sony fans are declaring absolute winners in this thread, lol. Personally I came out of the first day of E3 with 4 more day-one purchases than I had going in. October-November this year is crazy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371

@firefox59 said:

Notice how only Sony fans are declaring absolute winners in this thread, lol. Personally I came out of the first day of E3 with 4 more day-one purchases than I had going in. October-November this year is crazy.

Agreed. It's going to a jam-packed holiday season of games this year.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes E3 2015 had lots of new games for PS4, PC, Xbox one so I am happy with this years E3. if Wii U is your only system then your in trouble. But otherwise a lot of good games coming over 2015/2016. There is 15 games that I would like to have . I will only be able to get 5 of them. Just not enough money to have them all.

Overall this years E3 offered everyone except Wii U only people a lot of choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Nintendo. Microsoft and Sony more or less lost me to this nonsensical interactive media bullshit. It just isn't for me. It wasn't for me when the 3do and Cdi came out, and it still isn't. I like gameplay and the only platform that supplies that is nintendo.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Agreed. The only losers are all the fanboys and complainers, the idiots who think every game should be made solely with them personally in mind. And from what I've seen these past few days, there are lots of them.

MARKER_1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#29 MARKER_1988
Member since 2015 • 102 Posts

Pumped for the games coming out this year and early next as a PC gamer.

Fallout 4.

Division.

Hitman.

Star Wars Battlefront.

Doom.

Dishonored 2.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

There was for sure a lot to be excited about... but my fallout 4 hype is drowning everything else out.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Some really great games on the horizon, definitely been a good E3 for all gamers!

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

I think Bethesda had the best showing, followed by MS, and then either Ubi or Sony for third.

Fallout looks really good. I would've never thought that I would be so excited about...... crafting, bit here we are.

MS blew away all the other console competition. BC, and Rare's 30 for 30 were megatons. They had plenty of 1st party announcements with release dates that have me excited. They also revealed very nice hardware and software improvements, such as the elite controller, new UI, and the early access feature.

Ubisoft impressed this year. The Division looks like a GOTY contender for 2016. That NFS demo also looked pretty impressive.

Sony announced a couple of good games, but honestly, they're niche market games. TLG, and Shenmue3 will both struggle to sell a million copies. I just felt that Sony tried to sell hype this year, and it didn't work.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts
@babyjoker1221 said:

I think Bethesda had the best showing, followed by MS, and then either Ubi or Sony for third.

Fallout looks really good. I would've never thought that I would be so excited about...... crafting, bit here we are.

MS blew away all the other console competition. BC, and Rare's 30 for 30 were megatons. They had plenty of 1st party announcements with release dates that have me excited. They also revealed very nice hardware and software improvements, such as the elite controller, new UI, and the early access feature.

Ubisoft impressed this year. The Division looks like a GOTY contender for 2016. That NFS demo also looked pretty impressive.

Sony announced a couple of good games, but honestly, they're niche market games. TLG, and Shenmue3 will both struggle to sell a million copies. I just felt that Sony tried to sell hype this year, and it didn't work.

I agree, I find how much you care about Shenmue and The Last Guardian will have a huge swing on how good Sony was. I do not care about them and Sony is not the top for me. Someone who just went crazy at just the ideal of Shenmue did claim Sony hand down won.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xantufrog  Moderator

@wiouds said:

I agree, I find how much you care about Shenmue and The Last Guardian will have a huge swing on how good Sony was.

I would say this about any of the conferences. Since different games are appealing to only a subset of gamers, this is exactly why different platforms (and their shows) are "winners" for different people. How exciting is a Gears remaster and a new Gears and Halo? Well - as exciting as your personal love for those franchises makes it

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

the gamers win for sure my biggest dream come true SHENMUE 3 its official 15 years waiting its over thanks yu suzuki and gamesrs of course

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Ya this holiday is going to be tough to choose which to get since there is only so much time to play them. I have narrowed my choices down to 3 Fallout, Halo, and Tomb Raider. There is still so many others I want though.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@firefox59 said:

Notice how only Microsoft Fans think that microsoft had a good conference and are excited over Halo sequel number plentyalot.

But its good to see that this thread has gotten hold of system wars followers.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Archangel3371

@Jacanuk said:
@firefox59 said:

Notice how only Microsoft Fans think that microsoft had a good conference and are excited over Halo sequel number plentyalot.

But its good to see that this thread has gotten hold of system wars followers.

No. They had a good conference because... it was a good conference. There was more then just Halo 5 to be excited about but apparently you seem to be blinded by that fact. Ignorance must be bliss.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xantufrog  Moderator

Folks, this isn't System Wars. If you re-read the OP you'll see the thread was supposed to be about how both "teams" had a great conference and gamers are the winners. Let's stick to sharing what we liked instead of justifying why one system won over the other.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#40 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@xantufrog: well said. Everyone had great announcements and surprises, and we should be proud of all companies for delivering good things to all us gamers.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Archangel3371

@xantufrog said:

Folks, this isn't System Wars. If you re-read the OP you'll see the thread was supposed to be about how both "teams" had a great conference and gamers are the winners. Let's stick to sharing what we liked instead of justifying why one system won over the other.

Agreed. It's getting tiring seeing the usual suspects and their rhetoric.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@Archangel3371 said:
@xantufrog said:

Agreed. It's getting tiring seeing the usual suspects and their rhetoric.

Funny coming from someone who´s comment was

@Archangel3371 said:
@firefox59 said:

Agreed. It's going to a jam-packed holiday season of games this year.

Anyways enough of this as the mod said.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacanuk

@xantufrog said:

@Jacanuk: not to be a grumpus in my response, but I don't know how you have such a cynical view on the show. We saw interesting and unique new IP, neat entries in popular franchises, games were announced that people had long assumed were either dead or would never be happening, and fantastic tech (who could watch the hololens demo and not get excited by the possibilities?). The Fallout 4 show was rockin' - they kept throwing more and more onto the fire as they showed it off. Of course you won't like everything (I didn't either), but if nothing there impressed you, then I don't know what you were expecting to see. They might as well have announced HL3 to cap it off :-P

Hmm, i think it might be because they have already shown 90% of what was at the press conferences already. And i have never been a big fan of the halo franchise or COD and certainly not the direction they have taken Ghost recon in.

There was some good things but with the normal delays and press nonsense , we will probably see most of the new ip´s at the next E3 also.

It's kinda sad in a way because E3 used to be where they showed games that was almost out and not like with No mans sky and many other games where they come again and again and again and show the same thing.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xantufrog  Moderator

I agree that a lot of stuff we already knew was coming

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

The gamers definitely win! As I stated in a post shortly before the event, the best E3's are when we're past the awkward console transition. My favorite show was definitely Bethesda. Fallout 4, Doom, Dishonored 2 and I know most people didn't care so much, but I am really excited to see more about this Elder Scrolls card game.

For me, the most exciting surprise of the entire event is the return of Shenmue! I wish I could share the excitement others are feeling about FF7 remake, but I never played the original and have no nostalgia attached to it. However, I am still really happy to hear it exists.

Also, Microsoft and Sony have gotten better about their presentation being focused on games. In previous years they would pull up charts and graphs and discuss numbers for 30 minutes as if it were some business meeting.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

You are the one who came in here and quoted with my post with nothing but derailment of the topic. Then you quoted another post with nothing helpful to the thread. And now I have to point it out to you hence contributing to your saboteur effort. Good job.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

@firefox59 said:
@Jacanuk said:

You are the one who came in here and quoted with my post with nothing but derailment of the topic. Then you quoted another post with nothing helpful to the thread. And now I have to point it out to you hence contributing to your saboteur effort. Good job.

I knew fanboys were funny but you should go on the road with this comedy act. Hate to point out the obvious but before your "sony fans" comment no one even mentioned that kind.