The Official TitanFall Review Thread

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by uninspiredcup (8672 posts) -

@CarnageHeart said:

@1PMrFister said:

@c_rakestraw said:
@uninspiredcup said:

This will be an excellent opportunity to filter out the corrupt sites from the genuine ones.

Yeah, because bribes are totally a thing that happens in game reviews.

Totally, I mean what else could it be? The reviewers genuinely enjoyed the game? That's just what they want you to think.

Pre-launch reviews of online portions of games tend to be worthless.

Reviewers play an online game against other reviewers and the development team for a several hours in ideal conditions and then write their review (Battlefield 4 is awesomesauce!), but it takes a lot more time than that to find an online game's strengths and weaknesses (including but not limited to bugs).

Of course, once a game ships interests in reviews probably drops quite a bit (since there is word of mouth), so reviewers who want to matter most/get the most clicks have to review early, even if they aren't reviewing the game the world will experience.

Aye. Gaming journalism for a very long time has been viewed as a joke. Decades, Even in recent memory, look at what happened to Rab Flowrence. He was actually getting verbal abuse from the gaming industry for calling out Dortio Pope.

Likewise, note how many of the "big" websites opted to ignore it like nothing was happening, it was all a dream. Indeed, Kotaku attempted to ignore it and was eventually forced to address the issue due to one of there own staff members being called out for getting Xbox promo items as "gifts".

#53 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

Geez....looks like Xbox Live is down for Xbox One. Cannot get on to play titanfall. DOH!

#54 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Has ANYONE been able to get online today? How can you release an online only game and then not have your servers ready for this?

#55 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: I have a few friends who are on Titanfall now. Xbox support is saying that the issue is not related to TitanFall and that the issue is Xbox One only. I have seen folks on twitter say that they have been waiting hours to play TF. SMH.

#56 Posted by Ghost_Face (7672 posts) -

I was able to play about 3-4 hrs ago.

#57 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@Ghost_Face: The issue is not system wide. However, it is impacting a lot of Xbox Live members from signing in. MS is saying that TitanFall has nothing to do with this. I am not sure if I believe them as millions of people are logging on. My guess is that TitanFall broke the mighty Azure servers.

#58 Posted by c_rakestraw (14682 posts) -
@S0lidSnake said:

Has ANYONE been able to get online today? How can you release an online only game and then not have your servers ready for this?

I was able to log on and play for a couple hours before I got kicked due to connectivity issues. Haven't tried since.

#59 Posted by Ghost_Face (7672 posts) -

@Areez They should have had a longer open beta. Hopefully it doesn't last too much longer. One thing I noticed is the match-making could use some work. Many of the matches I played in seemed unbalanced in skill level. It could be due to the number of players on at the time or just too many new players, but I hope it improves.

#60 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

Ok. So Xbox Live for the Xbox One is up now. Click on the link below for troubleshooting.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/power-cycle-console

#61 Posted by Archangel3371 (15655 posts) -

I picked up the game about 5 hours ago and have played it for about 4 now. I haven't had any issues signing into Live myself. Played through the mp mode twice now and found it quite enjoyable. The campaign was about 6 or 7 matches long and set down a decent backdrop for the game. You play once as one side and again as the other. The game itself is a total blast to play and the battles wage in some pretty cool backdrops. I'm looking forward to trying out the other modes and checking out the other maps. It can seem a bit long getting into matches due to what I'm assuming that some people with the game are having difficulties with Live.

#62 Posted by Randolph (10530 posts) -

@Areez said:

Ok. So Xbox Live for the Xbox One is up now. Click on the link below for troubleshooting.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/power-cycle-console

I had some issues with Xbox Video a bit ago, but I've been playing Titan Fall all afternoon long with no issues at all. Great game.

#63 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

I have read two gaming sites make mention of screen tearing on the Xbox One version. Just played an hour or so and have not noticed this. Has anyone else seen this?

#64 Posted by Sto_Ln (9 posts) -

I have to say, I'm not much for online shooters mostly because I find myself up against 12 year olds learning to talk about people's mom, but this game has been enjoyable. I give it an 8

#65 Posted by chernoalpha527 (168 posts) -

@Areez said:

I have read two gaming sites make mention of screen tearing on the Xbox One version. Just played an hour or so and have not noticed this. Has anyone else seen this?

The screen tearing is out of control for me. Its really bad, something else must be wrong because there is no way the game should be tearing this much. Also the frame rate is pretty unstable.

#66 Posted by Randolph (10530 posts) -

@Areez said:

If it's there, I have yet to notice it.

#67 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@Areez said:

lol Are you serious? It's EVERYWHERE. probably the worst screen tearing game I've played in my life and I've played all those first gen PS3 exclusives and ports.

Have you at least noticed the framerate issues? Especially during the end of every round when there are lots of Titans around? It's pretty bad, nothing unplayable but yeah, very noticeable.

#68 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Anyway, they fixed the issue around midnight so i got a few games in. Ok 2 hours. My only complaint so far is that the enemy bots get me killed way too many times. I aim at them thinking they are a human enemy and give away my position to a human player who easily shoots me in the back. They look way too much like human players. The only way I can tell them apart is by looking at people using jetpacks. Kinda lame.

I just love how many maps there are. I played for almost 2 hours last night and only had the desert map repeat. Good stuff.

#69 Posted by Metamania (12010 posts) -

I wonder if the Xbox 360 will be worse than the Xbox One version or if it will be up to par?

#70 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@Metamania said:

I wonder if the Xbox 360 will be worse than the Xbox One version or if it will be up to par?

lol of course it will be worse. I am guessing it will be sub 720p like CoD games, the textures will be low res, effects will be turned down and the framerate will be locked at 30 fps.

#71 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: I have not noticed any screen tearing yet either. I have seen the drops in frame rate when Titans are close together, duking it out on the map. Funny cause I keep looking for it but have not seen it yet! I am obsessed in looking for it.

Right on about the Bots. They will get you killed from behind. A bit annoying if you ask me. Still, I have enjoyed all of the maps and frantic action!

#72 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3209 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@Randolph said:

@Areez said:

lol Are you serious? It's EVERYWHERE. probably the worst screen tearing game I've played in my life and I've played all those first gen PS3 exclusives and ports.

Have you at least noticed the framerate issues? Especially during the end of every round when there are lots of Titans around? It's pretty bad, nothing unplayable but yeah, very noticeable.

Yeah the screen tearing is pretty bad. Probably as bad as any PC game I have played with vsync turned off. But once the action starts you wont notice it.

#73 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL: So it sounds like it happens before the action starts. I ll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

#74 Posted by jeffrey_clark2 (6 posts) -

This question might have already come up but I'm going to ask anyway. Are the versions of titanfall for the XB1 and 360 compatible? Meaning can either versions play multiplayer together? Thanks.

#75 Posted by MathMattS (4005 posts) -

I feel that the graphics are one of the less important things for this game. Much of the time in the game, there's so much chaos that you don't have time to stop and closely examine the graphics. I think it looks fine.

#76 Posted by Randolph (10530 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

Yes, I am serious. I haven't noticed any significant screen tearing, and I've seen bad screen tearing in the first gen games from the previous consoles. I'm not saying it's not there, I'm just saying if it is, I have yet to notice it. It's a chaotic game, If I take the time to look around and study the graphics, I'll get killed.

#77 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3209 posts) -

@Areez said:

@GoldenElementXL: So it sounds like it happens before the action starts. I ll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

Right after you jump out of the ship when the match starts, spin around real fast. You will see a horizontal tear near the middle of the screen. It probably happens during the match too but I dont notice it as much because my mind is elsewhere.

#78 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71840 posts) -

It looks to be a great game, it is bad that it's only 792p though