The Official Playstation 4 thread of GREATNESS IS HERE.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#601 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

You guys want to get a game night going this weekend?

I have KZ, BF and CoD. I dont want to play CoD, and BF4 kinda sucks. I wants to play KZ with a decent group.

#602 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Played seven rounds of the 24 player version of Warzone today. The higher player count, the additional modes and the modifications on the old modes are really great. The mode where one has to fight to chain together a string of nodes in order to win and only two nodes are in play at one time really separates the men from the boys. Still, its disappointing that unlike the 14 player Warzone, 24 player Warzone lags sometimes. Hopefully that is something Guerilla fixes soon. Despite the lag for my money 24 player is more fun than 14 player.

#603 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Yeah, Chain Reaction is really fun in this game. It was one of the most brutally difficult modes in Uncharted 2. That said the framerate is simply awful in that mode.

Played with some of the Gaffers today. We were owning everyone until these Pro players came in and raped us in the most sadistic way possible. I have never seen a Gaf team get owned like this. It was sad. They had spawn points hidden everywhere. Amazing team.

Thankfully we quit out like little bitches and the rest of the games were better. I finished the last game with an insane 22k score. I mixed spawns with air turrets and had a pretty nice run with the support rifle. The game is fantastic. Easily the best shooter out right now.

#604 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Yeah, Chain Reaction is really fun in this game. It was one of the most brutally difficult modes in Uncharted 2. That said the framerate is simply awful in that mode.

Played with some of the Gaffers today. We were owning everyone until these Pro players came in and raped us in the most sadistic way possible. I have never seen a Gaf team get owned like this. It was sad. They had spawn points hidden everywhere. Amazing team.

Thankfully we quit out like little bitches and the rest of the games were better. I finished the last game with an insane 22k score. I mixed spawns with air turrets and had a pretty nice run with the support rifle. The game is fantastic. Easily the best shooter out right now.

Tonight?

#605 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70625 posts) -

Can anyone recomend Need For Speed Rivals? It looks really good

#606 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I played in a couple good games of 24P Warzone this morning. I think I got 16K points once. The last game was a bit frustrating because what should have been a tie turned into a loss because too much of my team was playing defense rather than going for the enemy beacon. My team lost 1-3 despite having a higher KDR.

Am I the only one that notices in a lot of close losses the losing team tends to have a higher KDR? In blowouts the other team is better across the board, but in close games the team which focuses more on stacking up bodies than securing objectives loses.

Still, before that there was a very satisfying win before that. We were charged with protecting two targets and one had been destroyed. We set up a very hard, tight defense around the remaining target but the other team in the last few seconds managed to crack it, they planted explosives and then set up shields and turrents along the shortest route between us and the objective. Most of us were getting crushed attacking from the south (in our defense, we didn't have time to circle around). Some clever guy(s) who had been up north somehow snuck through the enemy defenses and defused the bomb while the other team was distracted slaughtering the majority of us so we won in overtime.

#607 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Played it, turned it in for money. Actually it is one of the better launch games but its too simple. Look at the post above where I explain it and have videos.

#608 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70625 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Played it, turned it in for money. Actually it is one of the better launch games but its too simple. Look at the post above where I explain it and have videos.

i am really a racing nut, so i really like racing games

#609 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I played in a couple good games of 24P Warzone this morning. I think I got 16K points once. The last game was a bit frustrating because what should have been a tie turned into a loss because too much of my team was playing defense rather than going for the enemy beacon. My team lost 1-3 despite having a higher KDR.

Am I the only one that notices in a lot of close losses the losing team tends to have a higher KDR? In blowouts the other team is better across the board, but in close games the team which focuses more on stacking up bodies than securing objectives loses.

Still, before that there was a very satisfying win before that. We were charged with protecting two targets and one had been destroyed. We set up a very hard, tight defense around the remaining target but the other team in the last few seconds managed to crack it, they planted explosives and then set up shields and turrents along the shortest route between us and the objective. Most of us were getting crushed attacking from the south (in our defense, we didn't have time to circle around). Some clever guy(s) who had been up north somehow snuck through the enemy defenses and defused the bomb while the other team was distracted slaughtering the majority of us so we won in overtime.

Carnage, thats what we call the CoD effect. People care more about the KDRs than actually winning the game. BF suffers from the same issue which is odd because BF1942 did not have this issue. Then all of a sudden from BFBC2 onwards it became more about KDR than objectives.

The great thing is that KZ has no XP, no bars to fill and rewards people for playing for the team. I just noticed that I now get 75 points for every guy who spawns on my spawn point. And guess what? I now see a lot more people dropping spawn points.

vader Im gonna be on tonight. I've been playing all weekend. It's funny but I had to play CoD and BF4 to realize how good KZSF is. I just love the grenade launcher for the Support class that takes out Turrets and Air Drones with one hit. Such a well designed game. Glad they got the MP director from KZ2 back, it really shows.

#610 Edited by chernoalpha527 (124 posts) -

So I just bought a PS4 and I am wondering if Killzone SF is worth it? Is the multiplayer any fun?

#611 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

I started my Knack play through as I have to beat it before Jan 2nd to get 40 credit for it.

Gotta say it's pretty fun. It's incredibly basic but it requires a methodical approach to the combat or, like in Demons souls, you will die fast. Unlike demons souls, there isn't a harsh punishment for death, just a restart to the nearest checkpoint.

Graphics artistically are pretty beautiful, technically they aren't pushing many boundaries.

I'm still early but I look forward to playing more tomorrow.

In a completely unrelated note, Gran turismo 6 is fantastic and fighting for my top pick for GOTY. You guys are missing out.

#612 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

I started my Knack play through as I have to beat it before Jan 2nd to get 40 credit for it.

Gotta say it's pretty fun. It's incredibly basic but it requires a methodical approach to the combat or, like in Demons souls, you will die fast. Unlike demons souls, there isn't a harsh punishment for death, just a restart to the nearest checkpoint.

Graphics artistically are pretty beautiful, technically they aren't pushing many boundaries.

I'm still early but I look forward to playing more tomorrow.

In a completely unrelated note, Gran turismo 6 is fantastic and fighting for my top pick for GOTY. You guys are missing out.

There is a GT6? :P

#613 Edited by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@dvader654: Quick question... if I were to buy a PS4, would I get a free month of PS Plus?

If so, are you forced to put in your credit card information in order to redeem it? This is something you have to do on PS3 to use your one month of PS Plus.

#614 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Man they need to fix the Share video gitch in KZSF. It never records the last 15 minutes. vader and I got stuck in some awful teams in TDM. People who dont use spawn points and if they do they actually go back to the choke points instead of flanking the enemies. We lost a couple of rounds even though I was top scoring in every match.

The last game was going the same way with everyone refusing to use my spawn points so I switched to the Assault class and decided to go on the offensive. The game was brutally close with maybe 1 or 2 kills separating the two teams at the end when I flanked the team and got like five kills within 10 seconds to the win the game.

So awesome, except that the game never recorded that match....

#615 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: Quick question... if I were to buy a PS4, would I get a free month of PS Plus?

If so, are you forced to put in your credit card information in order to redeem it? This is something you have to do on PS3 to use your one month of PS Plus.

Figured I'd just copy and paste this since dvader clearly isn't around. If somebody could answer this for me it would be a real help.

#616 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

@dvader654:What annoys me about this is that you are playing Batman on PS3. This guy :P

@contracts420: I don't think you need to put in a CC number and yes you get a month free.

#617 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

One more bloody day and I finally get my PS4!

I swear, I feel like a little kid waiting for a new toy. This is a sensation I am unfamiliar with as an adult, but I dig it.

PSN name is ZZoMB13. LOVE ME DAMN IT! Or at least play a round of Killzone with me. :P

#618 Edited by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@ZZoMBiE13: I just got a PS4, we will play together sometime soon. I'll add you up ASAP.

On a separate note, anybody know when PStore will be back up I have some stuff I want to do.

#619 Edited by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@dvader654:What annoys me about this is that you are playing Batman on PS3. This guy :P

@contracts420: I don't think you need to put in a CC number and yes you get a month free.

You do need to put in your credit card number. This is some BS for sure.

#620 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

@contracts420: I don't remember putting mine in, maybe its saved to my account from the PS3? Maybe I just forgot.

#621 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@F1Lengend said:

They are giving you a free month of PS+ which amounts to almost 15 free games, 1 month of free Music streaming and a $10 PSN credit and you are complaining about having to put your credit card number in?

#622 Edited by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@contracts420 said:

@F1Lengend said:

They are giving you a free month of PS+ which amounts to almost 15 free games, 1 month of free Music streaming and a $10 PSN credit and you are complaining about having to put your credit card number in?

Of course. I have had issues with credit cards on 360 and PS3. Once you run into these types of issues you will find yourself a little reluctant as well. Also add in the PSN outage and I haven't exactly been confident in putting my info in.

My console came with two vouchers so I got two months of PS Plus and 20$ lol, lucky me. Loving the controller so far. Killzone Shadow Fall looks incredible in Botzone, hopefully the single player is even more mind blowing visually.

#623 Edited by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

@F1Lengend said:

You have to enter your CC# for initial set up but you can delete it afterwards.

#624 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I've been trying out different weapons in KZ to start earning some more challenges, so gave that Voltage gun a try. My first game, I went on a 19 hit killstreak. It was amazing, but when I fell the two guys behind me made no efforts to revive me. I laid there for like a minute but no one came.

There is no way I am getting that close to the 20 killstreak challenge again. I hate people in this game.

#625 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I've been trying out different weapons in KZ to start earning some more challenges, so gave that Voltage gun a try. My first game, I went on a 19 hit killstreak. It was amazing, but when I fell the two guys behind me made no efforts to revive me. I laid there for like a minute but no one came.

There is no way I am getting that close to the 20 killstreak challenge again. I hate people in this game.

I prefer the standard rifle when just wandering around the map (gets off a shot faster), but the voltage gun is great for cracking defenses since it can take down shields, turrents and crowds pretty quickly.

On an unrelated note, I apologize for that terrible game yesterday. I somehow didn't realize I still had the beacon.

Merry Christmas (I'm up early installing the Sims 3 Into the Future Expansion pack that my oldest requested). I hope its less glitchy then such packs usually are early(ish) on.

#626 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol Carnage, I rage quit that game, but you were not to be blamed. You kept us in the game by dropping spawn points.

I finished the main story. They definitely stayed true to their tradition of wtf endings. The final-final level was probably the worst level I've played this year. Whats the point of stealth camo if everyone can spot you? I spent nearly an hour in that one small section alone. The story is told very poorly. I had no idea what was going on right until the very last scene. The audio mixing is probably the worst I've seen since God of War Ascension. Characters talk, nope mumble all their lines. You spent the entire game in the first person perspective but cant make our half of what the protagonist is saying.

The game also does a very poor job of setting up the levels. Most of the time you have no idea why you are there and what you are supposed to be doing. It's a very amateurish game in that regard. Not unlike God Of War Ascension which was made by SSM's B team. I wouldn't be surprised if this was GG's B Team as well.

Regardless, all the leads aside from maybe the graphics lead should be let go. I understand that they were trying to do something different here, but they have only managed to produce a forgettable, utterly uneven and poorly designed campaign.

I'm glad they hired an Obsidian writer for their RPG. The writing staff they have right now is simply amateurish.

#627 Posted by Ish_basic (3998 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: I finished the main story. They definitely stayed true to their tradition of wtf endings. The final-final level was probably the worst level I've played this year. Whats the point of stealth camo if everyone can spot you?

First time I tried I had that problem...never figured out how I was being seen. But I went to the right the next time and never was spotted. I think there's sort of a drone camera flying around that I had to avoid (like the size of a little buddy or rez drone), but there's a few shortcuts and walking right next to a soldier or pedestrian didn't cause any issues. It makes sense because little buddies ignore stealth in mp as well. As you said, the game is not often clear on what it wants from you...and not in that open-ended sort of way, but in a deliberately obtuse and frustrating sort of way. I enjoyed that brief chapter in the end, but the first attempt was annoying.

#628 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Played some good games today, some of them against F1, some with him. I think my instincts and situational awareness are pretty good at this point. My aim could improve a bit though, both for grenades and bullets.

#629 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: I finished the main story. They definitely stayed true to their tradition of wtf endings. The final-final level was probably the worst level I've played this year. Whats the point of stealth camo if everyone can spot you?

First time I tried I had that problem...never figured out how I was being seen. But I went to the right the next time and never was spotted. I think there's sort of a drone camera flying around that I had to avoid (like the size of a little buddy or rez drone), but there's a few shortcuts and walking right next to a soldier or pedestrian didn't cause any issues. It makes sense because little buddies ignore stealth in mp as well. As you said, the game is not often clear on what it wants from you...and not in that open-ended sort of way, but in a deliberately obtuse and frustrating sort of way. I enjoyed that brief chapter in the end, but the first attempt was annoying.

Really? Buddy Drones were attacking me while I was cloaked in MP yesterday. Or maybe my cloak was down. Weird.

I actually went right after i got spotted twice. I went into that underground section where you disable the Lower floor security, but would get spotted by a civilian coming out of there every time. What was weird was that they dont notice you walking up the stairs, but then can randomly spot you if you so much as move in front of them.

The chapter selection says I died 14 times. I had a total of 5 deaths in the whole game prior to that. But I did like the setup. I was glad that we got another chapter after the credits, but it turned out to be extremely frustrating.

#630 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@Loving my PS4 so far. The UI is great, everything is accessible and much smoother overall. Syncing trophies is incredibly fast and PStore is not such a frustrating problem anymore.

I'm baffled by the crap that gets shoveled on Killzone Shadow Fall. This is honestly the best shooter campaign I have played in years. The so called "platforming" sections are not at all frustrating or even difficult but can be fun especially in that derelict ship. The Owl is a blast to use and I have noticed a number of alternate routes to get the drop on enemies throughout the campaign so far. The weapons handle really well and the movement still feels weighty but not cumbersome. The pacing keeps this fresh, one moment you're moving Petrosite to open up areas, next you're floating in Zero G, fighting enemies, platforming through an engine core, getting some downtime and so on.

This game never beats me over the head with constant waves of enemies like KZ2 and KZ3 or even other shooters for that matter. I have no issues with the story so far, I'm always aware of my objective and why I am doing what I am. The audio logs playing through the controller scared the crap out of me the first time but I love that feature now.

Visually this game is insane. I don't play PC titles so this is my first experience with a game looking nearly this good. It really is breathtaking at times.

I only have a few nitpicky problems with the game so far and that's it. I'm currently in New Helghan and having a blast. I have yet to try multiplayer but from the sounds of it I will get a little frustrated with other plays given what Solid has said.

The 10$ upgrade feature is nice, I got Ghosts and ACIV with little effort. A great console for sure and the best controller I have probably ever used. This thing is great.

#631 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I am surprised at how effective I am at aiming in this game considering the lack of aim-assist. I find the controls to be VERY responsive. The trick is to make sure you have either the ACOG scope or the default dot iron sights. Everything else sucks. The dots in both of those scopes give you a good view of the enemy. The holoscope is terrible, takes too much of the screen space and the stupid giant crosshair actually makes the rifles a lot less accurate because the game requires pixel perfect accuracy.

I played the whole day yesterday as a sniper. Started using the cloak towards the end of the day and my god, it’s so much fun. No wonder there are so many snipers running around trying to melee everyone. The cat and mouse game is oddly satisfying. It’s hilarious how many simply don’t notice you if you are not running around. What’s even funnier is how oblivious people are to their surroundings. On three separate occasions, I flanked five enemies spawn raping a base hiding behind shields and proceeded to melee kill everyone one by one. If only the fucking share feature was working.

The Spooner or whatever that gun from the SP is called is pretty powerful as well. Two burst shots can kill anyone. Sadly the crosshair sucks.

#632 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: Snipers are hard to see, but not as hard to see as they seem to think. Its kind of funny how many of those guys think they can charge at players. Ambushing guys from behind works just as well if one is visible. Like you said, sometimes teams get so caught up looking in one direction that they miss that somebody is systematically cutting throats. Today I melee killed four guys guarding a target (unfortunately there were five). I was perfectly visible, they just weren't watching their backs.

#633 Edited by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

I took some Knack screenshots.

I really like the look of the enemies and character rendering. The second shot for example feels like something out of a next gen pikmin game.

#634 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

lol Carnage, I rage quit that game, but you were not to be blamed. You kept us in the game by dropping spawn points.

I finished the main story. They definitely stayed true to their tradition of wtf endings. The final-final level was probably the worst level I've played this year. Whats the point of stealth camo if everyone can spot you? I spent nearly an hour in that one small section alone. The story is told very poorly. I had no idea what was going on right until the very last scene. The audio mixing is probably the worst I've seen since God of War Ascension. Characters talk, nope mumble all their lines. You spent the entire game in the first person perspective but cant make our half of what the protagonist is saying.

The game also does a very poor job of setting up the levels. Most of the time you have no idea why you are there and what you are supposed to be doing. It's a very amateurish game in that regard. Not unlike God Of War Ascension which was made by SSM's B team. I wouldn't be surprised if this was GG's B Team as well.

Regardless, all the leads aside from maybe the graphics lead should be let go. I understand that they were trying to do something different here, but they have only managed to produce a forgettable, utterly uneven and poorly designed campaign.

I'm glad they hired an Obsidian writer for their RPG. The writing staff they have right now is simply amateurish.

I disagree with almost everything you said. I had no issues on the last mission and only failed twice due to my own mistakes. Only a few times throughout the experience did I question what I was supposed to be doing or where I was going or even why I was there. The story was easy to follow and luckily avoided some of issues that plagued KZ2 and KZ3. I had no audio issues and was able to understand all of the characters the whole way through. Never once did I feel like Kellan was mumbling.

I'm also baffled by your notion that almost the entire team should be let go from the company. I have a few nagging issues with this title but nothing of the sorts that you're having. Then again if I remember correctly you do go by TheNegativeDude or something on PSN in which case you sure live up to your name.

I still need to try out the multiplayer. I keep hearing great things about it and from what you and others have said they fixed any issues that KZ2 and KZ3 had. But the campaign was great. I'm looking forward to my next playthrough already.

#635 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Got in some AC4 this morning. I love the pirate/assassin bits, I could live without the other stuff. Working in a videogame company is no doubt a cool job but pirate is a cooler job. Distracting guards with hookers hasn't worked out as well as I was hoping, but sneaking up on targets by myself has.

Also, got in some KZ online. I was far and away the most experienced guy on my noobish team in this one game we lost 4-0 (the other team had four very experienced players) but I'll say this for my team, nobody laid down and there was never a point where we failed because some guy hung back rather than throwing himself into the mix. Winning is nice, but what's really satisfying is playing on (and against) a team that is trying to win, even if they aren't.

#636 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

I disagree with almost everything you said. I had no issues on the last mission and only failed twice due to my own mistakes. Only a few times throughout the experience did I question what I was supposed to be doing or where I was going or even why I was there. The story was easy to follow and luckily avoided some of issues that plagued KZ2 and KZ3. I had no audio issues and was able to understand all of the characters the whole way through. Never once did I feel like Kellan was mumbling.

I'm also baffled by your notion that almost the entire team should be let go from the company. I have a few nagging issues with this title but nothing of the sorts that you're having. Then again if I remember correctly you do go by TheNegativeDude or something on PSN in which case you sure live up to your name.

I still need to try out the multiplayer. I keep hearing great things about it and from what you and others have said they fixed any issues that KZ2 and KZ3 had. But the campaign was great. I'm looking forward to my next playthrough already.

You make it sound like only someone with the username TheNegativeDude had problems with the game. Go to gaf, metacritic and this very thread and you will find people who agree with me. If you didn't think that the audio mixing, dialogue and storytelling was amateurish then you must have some very low standards.

You also like Uncharted 3 over Uncharted 2 and that's ok. But the thing is that game had some of the worst designed encounters in a video game ever with enemies literally spawning behind you. It also had the worst aiming in a video game until it was fixed by Naughty Dog. Not to mention a story that went no where. So you seem to have a higher tolerance for these issues, but it doesn't mean they dont exist.

In a world where TLOU exists and Sony spends $20-$50 million on each game, yes if you fail to meet standards set by your own first party studios then you should be let go or replaced. Just like they replaced Todd Pappy after the abortion that was GoW Ascension. Let me guess, you liked that game too?

I am glad that you didn't have to replay that section 15 times like I did. I can take a screenshot and show you that I actually died 14 times in that section. On my final try I was ignored by people on the stairs so it's entirely possible that you also took that route. But I can assure you that hiding in bushes even crouching down had both civilians and soldiers spotting me and putting down turrets everywhere. Try taking different routes and you will see.

The MP is the best I've played since MAG but how can you take my word for it if I go by TheNegativeDude on PSN?

#637 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Got in some AC4 this morning. I love the pirate/assassin bits, I could live without the other stuff. Working in a videogame company is no doubt a cool job but pirate is a cooler job. Distracting guards with hookers hasn't worked out as well as I was hoping, but sneaking up on targets by myself has.

Also, got in some KZ online. I was far and away the most experienced guy on my noobish team in this one game we lost 4-0 (the other team had four very experienced players) but I'll say this for my team, nobody laid down and there was never a point where we failed because some guy hung back rather than throwing himself into the mix. Winning is nice, but what's really satisfying is playing on (and against) a team that is trying to win, even if they aren't.

Yeah, I gave AC4 another shot after getting a terrible sense of deja vu during the first few missions. Once I got on the ships and started sailing, it was a lot more fun than exploring the cities and struggling with 6 year old AC mechanics. The hurricane was amazing. I have no idea how they managed to put this game on a last gen console. How in the world did they manage to put an entire ocean in an Asassin's Creed game? God knows what they will do with current gen hardware. It's going to be nuts.

KZ had an influx of new players post Christmas. I saw the player count in TDM almost double this week. The problem is that most games nowadays dont have people dropping spawn points. Same thing we went through when the game first launched. Hopefully these idiots will go away soon or learn how to play the game. I have been on teams that drop upto 4 points within a few seconds and that's how the game is supposed to be played. Yesterday I spent the entire day being the only tactician and struggling to cover everything. I dont know why people dont realize that you can switch loadouts, drop a spawn point, then switch to an assault or different loadouts on your next life.

Learn how to play the game people.

#638 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@contracts420 said:

@S0lidSnake said:

You make it sound like only someone with the username TheNegativeDude had problems with the game. Go to gaf, metacritic and this very thread and you will find people who agree with me. If you didn't think that the audio mixing, dialogue and storytelling was amateurish then you must have some very low standards.

You also like Uncharted 3 over Uncharted 2 and that's ok. But the thing is that game had some of the worst designed encounters in a video game ever with enemies literally spawning behind you. It also had the worst aiming in a video game until it was fixed by Naughty Dog. Not to mention a story that went no where. So you seem to have a higher tolerance for these issues, but it doesn't mean they dont exist.

In a world where TLOU exists and Sony spends $20-$50 million on each game, yes if you fail to meet standards set by your own first party studios then you should be let go or replaced. Just like they replaced Todd Pappy after the abortion that was GoW Ascension. Let me guess, you liked that game too?

I am glad that you didn't have to replay that section 15 times like I did. I can take a screenshot and show you that I actually died 14 times in that section. On my final try I was ignored by people on the stairs so it's entirely possible that you also took that route. But I can assure you that hiding in bushes even crouching down had both civilians and soldiers spotting me and putting down turrets everywhere. Try taking different routes and you will see.

The MP is the best I've played since MAG but how can you take my word for it if I go by TheNegativeDude on PSN?

My reference to your username was due to your notion that the team should be sent packing.

Todd Papy was not let go due to "the abortion that was GoW Ascension". He had been with the team through all of the core titles and left months after the games release. Even though I am a fan of the series I felt I had enough GoW after III and Ghost Of Sparta so I never got around to trying Ascension. I highly doubt it warrants the title of abortion but then again you are as hyperbolic as they come.

I'd argue that UC3 had the best designed battles between the two. Placing enemies behind the player and given cover and enough time to react does not constitute a poorly designed combat section. But we have been over this before. No sense covering this topic yet again.

I never stated that the story was good, but that it was easy to follow and you're always given context. But clearly it was beyond your comprehension.

I took every route within the level at one point or another with no issues. As long as my stealth camo was activated nobody could spot me unless I walked directly up to or even bumped into the guards.

But I take your word for it that the multiplayer is fantastic. You and I shared a number of issues with previous titles in this regard, especially KZ3. Everything you have posted about the multiplayer thus far has me excited if anything.

#639 Posted by Grieverr (2637 posts) -

@F1Lengend: How did you post your pics online from the PS4?

#640 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

@Grieverr said:

@F1Lengend: How did you post your pics online from the PS4?

I uploaded them to Facebook where I then uploaded them to GS.

#641 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

Just finished my first match online and I have to say it was a blast.

I got 30 kills and 14 deaths as well as a nice 10 killstreak. I was the best player in the game. We fought to a draw and I can already tell my team would have got their *** kicked had I not been in this match. I did my best to drop spawns that were close enough to the objectives but didn't draw too much attention. I tried to heal my team but sometimes it's just not worth it, being a medic is definitely a balancing act.

Looking forward to playing some more. Sucks to see so much of the community spending their time in Team Deathmatch rather than Warzone. Without the constantly changing objectives it just sort of loses something.

#642 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I got 30 kills and 14 deaths as well as a nice 10 killstreak. I was the best player in the game. We fought to a draw and I can already tell my team would have got their *** kicked had I not been in this match. I did my best to drop spawns that were close enough to the objectives but didn't draw too much attention. I tried to heal my team but sometimes it's just not worth it, being a medic is definitely a balancing act.

Looking forward to playing some more. Sucks to see so much of the community spending their time in Team Deathmatch rather than Warzone. Without the constantly changing objectives it just sort of loses something.

Support is a great choice. Stacking bodies is easier with the other classes, but the ability to revive teammates and set up spawn points in invaluable. Also, turrents and drones are great. Put a turrent at the end of a corridor or something, the enemy suddenly has a massive problem. Drones are a bit more random in their targeting, but when the key on a guy that guy tends to die in a hurry unless he's packing something really heavy or there is nearby cover.

As you revive people you'll be able to bring them back from further and further out. Right now my support guy can revive anyone he has line of sight on. Sometimes during crazy battles I find an out of the way area with a decent view and just keep bringing back guys as they drop.

#643 Edited by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@contracts420 said:

Support is a great choice. Stacking bodies is easier with the other classes, but the ability to revive teammates and set up spawn points in invaluable. Also, turrents and drones are great. Put a turrent at the end of a corridor or something, the enemy suddenly has a massive problem. Drones are a bit more random in their targeting, but when the key on a guy that guy tends to die in a hurry unless he's packing something really heavy or there is nearby cover.

As you revive people you'll be able to bring them back from further and further out. Right now my support guy can revive anyone he has line of sight on. Sometimes during crazy battles I find an out of the way area with a decent view and just keep bringing back guys as they drop.

You're right, I am able to revive teammates from far away now as long as they are in my line of sight. I love this class.

I just went 41K 14D while also capturing a number of objectives for the team and getting a TON of spawn assists and revives. Having a blast so far and looking forward to more soon. I have yet to even try the other classes yet but it gives me even more to look forward to.

#644 Edited by chernoalpha527 (124 posts) -

As a person who has never owned a Playstaion console, I have to say I am pretty impressed and I like it so far, just got Killzone SF today and I surprisingly like it, the campaign is pretty dull so far imo but the multiplayer is really fun and Im really addicted to it.

#645 Posted by Ish_basic (3998 posts) -

@contracts420:

You're right, I am able to revive teammates from far away now as long as they are in my line of sight. I love this class.

I just went 41K 14D while also capturing a number of objectives for the team and getting a TON of spawn assists and revives. Having a blast so far and looking forward to more soon. I have yet to even try the other classes yet but it gives me even more to look forward to.

You'll also notice your cooldown decreasing. At the highest rank, there's no cooldown, so you can pretty much revive a room in less than a second if your thumb is quick enough. Support classes are also the most efficient at taking down enemy automata because of the missile attachment, though at higher turret/drone ranks it takes two shots.

The only weak side of the support class is the rifles, but that's easily remedied by taking down an assault class and stealing his rumbler. Still, in close quarters you can't beat a shotgun, and shotgun+incendiary is great spread damage for multiple targets. For bomb planting/defense I usually run purger (mini-gun) (and turrets if someone else is running spawns)...mobility is the downside of the mini, but basically the objective means everyone is going to be coming to you, so you can just sit back and piss bullets. 10x the fun if your buddy drops you a shield.

What I don't see a lot of is Scouts using Tactical Echo for the team. Sooo useful, but as usual with FPS, the sniper class is for "lone wolves" and people who like to name their toons after anime characters. At least this sniper class comes with a decent sub-machine gun, but I don't see people using that either. Shame because I can think of a number of times I wanted to have someone echo an objective point. It makes me wish KZ would let me block users from my spawn points..."no, no...you're walking, bitch."

#646 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@contracts420:

You'll also notice your cooldown decreasing. At the highest rank, there's no cooldown, so you can pretty much revive a room in less than a second if your thumb is quick enough. Support classes are also the most efficient at taking down enemy automata because of the missile attachment, though at higher turret/drone ranks it takes two shots.

The only weak side of the support class is the rifles, but that's easily remedied by taking down an assault class and stealing his rumbler. Still, in close quarters you can't beat a shotgun, and shotgun+incendiary is great spread damage for multiple targets. For bomb planting/defense I usually run purger (mini-gun) (and turrets if someone else is running spawns)...mobility is the downside of the mini, but basically the objective means everyone is going to be coming to you, so you can just sit back and piss bullets. 10x the fun if your buddy drops you a shield.

What I don't see a lot of is Scouts using Tactical Echo for the team. Sooo useful, but as usual with FPS, the sniper class is for "lone wolves" and people who like to name their toons after anime characters. At least this sniper class comes with a decent sub-machine gun, but I don't see people using that either. Shame because I can think of a number of times I wanted to have someone echo an objective point. It makes me wish KZ would let me block users from my spawn points..."no, no...you're walking, bitch."

Yeah, I was surprised to see my revive drone with no recharge time. I revive EVERYONE and anyone regardless of how many enemies are nearby. People have the option to reject the revive and I will leave it up to them to decide. Even if they are idiots and accept the revive while surrounded by other players, those players now have one additional person to deal with. Sometime during the search and destroy clusterfucks, that’s precisely what you need.

I had no idea that the turrets and air drones get more health. That’s kinda cool. I love my turrets. The trick is to place them where they cover a large area. I see so many people just leaving them at the end of a corridor. That will get taken out by grenades in no time. I easily get 7+ turret kills in TDM by simply making sure its out in the open. Air drones are trickier but are essential in winning the Forrest and The Wall.

I was shocked to see how few Snipers use the tactical echo. It’s a points machine and also helps the team, but like you said Snipers are anti-social pricks in general and don’t want to help out anyone.

I am glad to see Contract doing so well. Add me and I will forgive you for liking this mediocre campaign. ;p

#647 Posted by Ish_basic (3998 posts) -

You can kill revive drones, but sadly, even if the person waits til after it is destroyed, he can still get up. I'd like to see that changed so that there is a gamble in waiting to accept the revive.

Pretty cool that grenades and other explosives can be shot out of mid-air. I wasn't sure about this until I lined up a turret for a missile shot, it saw me, and got off a lucky shot that detonated the missile literally in my face. It officially counts as a suicide

#648 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70625 posts) -

Does anyone know any sort of release date except for Q1 for Driveclub?

#649 Edited by Randolph (10466 posts) -

No one ever checks Sears for video games. But I did, and I hit pay dirt. PSN network ID is DuhTeddy. (Persona 4 fans will get it)

#650 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Does anyone know any sort of release date except for Q1 for Driveclub?

It is hitting February 22nd in Japan according to Sony's Japanese website

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/31/driveclub-more-elements-indicate-february-22nd-release-date-in-japan-western-announcement-imminent/