---The Official GGD Now Playing Thread---

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
*a repost of the other thread since mailer wanted it without all caps lock* Im playing: Company Of Heros: Holy ****ing crap after years of PC gaming hiatus I finally got acess to a a half arsed gaming PC and this is the first game out of a slew of them I bought that I decided to try. I am completly blown away, I love this game Assassins Creed: On the 7th assassination right now and its pretty godamn boring to be honest. It is extremley repititive and onverated in my opinion, it has it rare moments but I cant wait to finish it and never look at it again. Rock Band Yeah I cant find an instrument bundle so I have just the game and im using the GH2 xplorer controller and having a blast in the solo guitar campaign. I downloaded all the new songs for sale and live and have a tooon of playing to get out of this game. It is easier than guitar hero I find but still roxxorz mah b0xxx0rz *heart*
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - Jesus I have put a crapload of hours into this game, 115 to be exact. I have almost finished the game 100% though, just need some more skills and 5 more monsters. Overall it beats the crap out of Pokemon, which I got annoyed with about2 months after release because you need to buy other games just to get all the monsters. Joker is more fun anyway, the online is good despite a few hacked teams in the tournaments rankings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 112505
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

Medieval 2: Total War

Had a for year but still fun to come back and conquer world as a different faction. Using Holy Roman Empire right now. Great fun with those big swords.

Battlefield 2

Been playing for years at at a semi-professional level but the interest on this game is starting to wane for me and I will probably move to COD4 with my clanmates.

Counter Strike: Source

Play at least 10 minutes a day. Never really gets old but the community has some pretty awful people.

Company of Heroes

Fun, I hate the chokepoint maps though.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
Asassin's Creed. I'm done with two missions so far. The game is simple and it got more attention that it deserved.
Emiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Emiger
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts

360:
Mass Effect - Almost finished with my second playthrough to unlock the final difficulty, and then finish up the last few achievements that are still locked. I love this game though.
Virtua Fighter 5 - I try to get an hour or so of practice in a night, which isn't a lot. I just have such a huge backlog of games, that I really want to finish those up before I get too devoted.

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy - I'm only 30 stars in, and I've had it since release. It's pretty sad.

DS:
Hotel Dusk
Luminous Arc
Pokemon Pearl - I can never quit playing it.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Right now I'm playing COD4, Final Fantasy IX, Oblivion, and Crackdown.  I'm excited about my current playthrough in Oblivion as I've built a character that is balanced enough to complete everything in the game.  I've beaten every part of Oblivion multiple times, and I've leveled up more characters than I can count, but I've never beaten every part of the game with one character.

I need to beat Super Mario Galaxy, Zak and Wiki, Trauma Center, and The Orange Box, and I need to put some hours into UT3 and Eye of Judgment... such a great time to be a gamer.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamingqueen

Right now I'm playing COD4, Final Fantasy IX, Oblivion, and Crackdown. I'm excited about my current playthrough in Oblivion as I've built a character that is balanced enough to complete everything in the game. I've beaten every part of Oblivion multiple times, and I've leveled up more characters than I can count, but I've never beaten every part of the game with one character.

I need to beat Super Mario Galaxy, Zak and Wiki, Trauma Center, and The Orange Box, and I need to put some hours into UT3 and Eye of Judgment... such a great time to be a gamer.rragnaar

How's ff9? Isn't it adorable :P?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rragnaar

How's ff9? Isn't it adorable :P?

gamingqueen

I love it, this is the third time I've played it, I've never beaten it before due to some insane leveling requirements for the last boss.  I'd breeze through the game and get to the end boss and get destroyed everytime.  My one complaint about FFIX is that the leveling system takes sooo long.  I love the characters and the story though.  It is easily my favorite Final Fantasy world.
Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

Digging deep into Zack & Wiki, RE: UC, Contra IV and Bullet Witch (that's if I can recover my gamer tag). I hope to be done with these games buy the end of the week so that I can move on to Persona 3 and Odin Sphere.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

Nice GME, Company of Heroes is a really well made game. My only problem with it is the resource system (territory based) I prefer the traditional resource method cause this forces you to be very offensive, and you pretty much can never be defensive. Its all rush. But thats just me, i can definitely see how this is GOTY material for some. Anyway

COD4- I'll be playing this for a long ass while. I plan to replay single player on Normal (started on hardened). But multi is to me, CS on consoles.

Mass Effect- Man this thing is glitchy. I just beat [spoiler] The matriarch, and you know how you have to take out her allies each wave at a time, well I had to restart the system, and when i reloaded, I killed 1 guy and she died. WTF [/spoiler] Still a great game though, probably my 3rd favourite game of the year.

PGR4- Im selling this ASAP, there are like 2 online games at a time. This game is finished. What a shame.

Thats its I guess, I can't wait for 08 (oh and ASS creed is ASS)

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamingqueen

Okay here are some tips to level up faster:

• Try killing all party members and leveling up one party member. This will allow that party member to gain triple the EXP he/she usually get from killing that monster.
  • Kill the grand dragon for grand EXP.
  • Use level up ability of course.
  • Use Steiner and Zidane for the battle against necron.

Necron wasn't much of a challenge comparing to ozam...That guy is a bit**!

Ravenprose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ravenprose
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

I'm playing NiGHTS Journey of Dreams and Super Mario Galaxy.:)

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
Nice GME, I been very busy PC gaming HL2 OB TF2, COD4 on PC and 360, NBA 2K8 PS3, and still working on Mass Effect, and playing some Uncharted fun.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters - Its squad based combat which some have compared to Fire Emblem (I can't attest to the validity of the comparison since I have never played FE). I'm pretty early in, so lots of stuff (powers, systems, variables that affect combat) is still being unveiled, but the game offers a ton and a half of customization options and the battle system is vast.

One cool thing is that the hero is bonded with a demon of vast strength (the beings that now threaten the world were once his minions) who offers his power to the hero, but at a cost. One can tap into the demon's power and follow his inclinations (stealing items from stores, beating up innoncents, etc.) but such decisions give the demon more control (thus changing the ending of the game).

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - I'm playing through Etna mode (which is unlocked after one beats the normal quest once).Etna mode is good stuff. Most of the characters are the same, though of coursethe plot and all of the dialogue (written and spoken) is new. I haven't beaten the game yet so I don't know exactly how long it is, but I've put 20+ hours into Etna mode alone. Etna's interaction with Hoggmeister and his kidwas a hilarious contrast to that of Prince Laharl.

Warhawk: The Omega Pack - The Omega Factory is awesome (its a massive map) and the dropship is a flying fortress which makes it easier to crack the shells of players who like to play turtle. I've put 190 hours into Warhawk and I will undoubtedly put in many more. The changes 1.2 made to flag behaviour (sudden death in the case of a stalemate, flag carriers pop up on radar if someone has a visual on them, but the flag only pops up on radar if the flag carrier is in a vehicle) have also served to make the game more friendly to guys who like to play offense.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
DJMAX Portable 2 ~ PSP ~ So incredibly addictive and so incredibly good at destroying thumbs. A Beatmania clone that makes portable music/rhythm gaming worth the time and effort. I have not got much into Beatmania itself but this is easily my favourite music game. There is an incredible variety of things to do. I am going to be playing this game for months and never come close to unlocking everything.

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines ~ PC ~ My new favourite role-playing game. Played it once and beat it just over 30 hours. Going back for a second time with an all new character down a whole new path to a completely different ending. The amount of replay value this game has is mind-boggling. I used to think that the character creation in KotOR II was in depth but in Vampire, there are seven completely different "cIasses" of vampires you can choose from that all approach the game in completely different ways. I absolute adore the styIe of the game. I've not been one for Gothic-Horror in the past but this has inspired me to learn more about all of White Wolf's World of Darkness PnP games and maybe perhaps even try to convince some of my friends to play them.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl ~ PC ~ Put it down after I got Vampire as I wasn't expecting to become so addicted so quickly. Easily the best game atmosphere ever crafted. Gritty, desolate and terrifying. The game offers up a very unique experience in setting, gameplay and story that I don't think is available anywhere else. Also, a lot of the settings are actually based off of places that actually exist in the Ukraine today (some obviously not accessible to the general public due to high levels of ionizing radiation sources). Not only that but the game has also inspired me to learn about ionizing radiation, its cause, effects and prevention of poisoning.

I was playing The Dracula X Chronicles but now that I have DJMAX Portable 2 I doubt any other UMD will be in my PSP for quite some time.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#17 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

PS3 : The Orange Box : Portal is as awesome as everyone says it is. Except the slowdown on the PS3 version and the constant load screens. Ugh...

Guitar Hero 3 : Especially if you manage to get a second controller on the cheap, this is one of the ultimate Party games. I managed to beat One and Through the Flames and Fire on medium last night. I dread starting hard though.

PAIN : A sorely overlooked gem. Another amazing party game and just a good time.

360 : He's dead, Jim...

PSP : Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops : Decent, although I wish there were the fullmotion cutscenes and voiced chats, that really is what made the game for me. Anyways, a decent portable game by all means. Still trying to find this regeneration chamber thing after seeing Gene for the first time though.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
I'm playing FFX. and occasionally GuitarHero 3.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
All I'm really playing right now is Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for DS. I love it. I think I can have it beat by tomorrow or Thursday, and then I'll dive into either Mario Galaxy or Mass Effect.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#20 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Crysis - I'm seven levels in, only four to go. The lush jungle part is over and I have have fought the aliens in zero gravity conditions. Bring on the frozen wasteland. From what I hear, it becomes somewhat linear at this point, but even so, most of the game is pure open-ended FPS bliss.

Team Fortress 2 - Who needs drugs when you've got Team Fortress 2?

Yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
  • SSX Blur - Bought it last week,and I'm quite surprised at how fun it is.The controls have a steep learning curve,and I mean steep.Honestly,I spent about an hour and a half in the tutorial before I got accustomed to it.Granted,half of that time was spent trying to master the ubermoves.>_> But after getting used to it,the controls work quite well.The ubermoves are inconsistent at times,but I mostly have a handle of it.Anyways,the game is a lot of fun.I haven't unlocked any courses yet,though that is primarily because the slalom events are frustratingly impossible.I mainly just spend my time in Quickplay,on the half-pipe,doing insane moves and having a great time.8)
  • Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - My second playthrough of the game,and I'm currently working on the Pit of 100 Trials.Excellent game.One of the best games the Gamecube has to offer.
EazyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EazyB
Member since 2003 • 7944 Posts

Copied from first thread:

Since the beginning of winter break I've been able to complete a couple of games:

Half Life 2 Ep. 2 - Finally finished the orange box and Ep. 2 was without a doubt the best part of the series.

Mass Effect - Sped thru the game in 15 hours to get a hang of it. Plan on going through atleast once more, this time taking in all the sights.

Couple of XBLA games - Beat Sonic 1 & 2, have been playing Puzzle Quest a lot as well.

Other then that, I've been playing CoD4 and Halo 3 online. For Christmas my girlfriend got me GHIII and Rock Band, I've been having so much fun with the drums that I'm not even tempted to use the guitar or play GH. The drums take a while to learn but the game is very well paced in that I was able to go thru Easy pretty welll... easily, jump the difficulty up to medium and get thru those songs, and now I'm working my way thru hard. When I first picked up the game I never thought I'd be able to do some of those songs on hard but now I am one with the bass pedal and breeze thru em.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

Haven't been playing many games recently.

Wii: Zack & Wiki... because my seven-year-old sister wants me to.... I died 86 times. Maybe puzzle games aren't my thing.

DS: Bleach: The Blade of Fate. I'm addicted to this superb fighting game, which is from my current favorite anime series.

PC: Somewhat surprisingly, most of my gaming recently has been on the PC. If the only great Wii game on the horizon is Smash Bros., the PC will be my home, at least for a while. I'm playing Doom 3 and just downloaded its expansion off Steam. Just got Bioshock and The Orange Box off Steam, too, so I'll be quite busy with PC games for a while. Plus, I need to finish Half Life and need its expansions. The Shivering Isles is something I'm likely to get soon, since I want to have the full Elder Scrolls IV experience. But I haven't seen it by itself recently.

I'll uh... buy God of War 2 sometime.... :? Won't they cutthe price already?!

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

Timesplitters FP - Multiplayer with Friends

MOHAA - Playing objective matches online

Resident Evil 4 - Playing through it again

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts
i am still trying to beat halo 3.. it's getting hard.. and let's see... cod 4 for the pc (had to restart) and also, dod source, and dark messiah... world of warcraft.. got a really cool night elf on moon guard and i am trying to level up. umm... still playing bf2142.. addicted to that game... stalker, replaying it for about the 4th time... having a blast with unreal tournament 3.. you guys should really try it.. and just got a beta key for frontlines fuel of war... playing that and it is great.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Right now I'm playing through Blue Dragon and Assassin's Creed on the 360. I'm currently just starting the second disc in BD and have a total of about 25 hours of playtime so far and I'm really enjoying it. It's looking to be a pretty solid 8+ game for me.

I'mat the beginning ofMemory Block5 in AC and wow am I ever loving this game. The graphics are excellent and the controls feel great especially with all the climbing and leaping from building to building. Ubisoft did a really bang-up job on this game and have set an incredibly solid framework for a franchise or making a similar kind of game. So far I'd say that this is 9+ material for me.

I'm really looking forward to grabbing Metal Slug 3 on Live Arcade tomorrow and will hopefully be playing some Halo 3 with the newly acquired maps I got for it during the holidays so those are games I'll be playing for the next little while.

mayormoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mayormoose
Member since 2007 • 836 Posts

Assassin's Creed: Counter Attacking, and sword spanking. Ahhhhhhh Hashishan.

Saints Row: Hitman, Chopshop, Drug Trafficing, Escort, Snatching, and Hijacking. Did I mention Armed Robbery?

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Sweet.

• Assassin's Creed: I'm on my 6th assassination. The repetitive nature of the missions has finally sinked in, but it isn't bad enough to prevent me from playing it. The audio is outstanding. Together with the impressive visuals, it does a remarkable job making the cities in the game look and feel alive.
  • Orange Box: Trying to make my way through HL2, but I spent a big chunk of this afternoon playing Portal. I'm currently on the 18th test chamber, which made my head hurt, so I called it a day. HL2 is impressively designed, from virtually every standpoint.
  • Super Mario Galaxy: Platformers aren't my cup of tea. But this one is in a league of its own. I haven't smiled as much with a game in a long, long time.
  • Over the last couple days I started Mass Effect (less than an hour in), Oblivion, Condemned, and just got TR Anniversary for teh Wii, but haven't gotten it out from its shrinkwrap.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GodModeEnabled
Well I polished off Assassins Creed and Rock Bnd today so I think its time to try out some Mario Galaxy and keep plugging away at Company Of Heros. I really wonder if this Galaxy game is as good as everyone says? :P
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I'm playing currently. . .

Halo 3.
Assasin's Creed.
Sonic The Hedgehog
Street Fighter Alpha Max 3
Final Fantasy XII : Revanant Wings

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

Call of duty 4:

Just a cool change of pace. The single player was indeed short, but the multiplayer is where its at. It's sad that xbox live is lying dead on its back right now. The perks work great. Still, I'll get bored of this eventually because of the not so great matchmaking and spawn problems. I'm still waiting for the patch.

Open transport tycoon deluxe:

Just fun.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
World War 2 online. The deepest FPS war game I have ever played.
EazyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EazyB
Member since 2003 • 7944 Posts

Played some Halo 3 with some buds last night, still find it to be the best MP game ever. The additions to the playlists and custom games make the game fresh and polished.

Also started my second character in Mass Effect, this time it's a female avengard who will probably be a renagade. Playing through on hard this go around with the plan of doing all the sidequests.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
For the entire month of January I'll be playing Assassin's Creed & Stranglehold before DMC4 arrives (Feb. 5th). Just got finished with Uncharted and will start with one of those this weekend.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GodModeEnabled
Fired up some Super Mario Galaxy today... wowsers I was not expecting to even like this game let alone be completly addicted to it! Just....gotta....get...one...more...star.... o_0
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
DS: Animal Crossing: Wild World, Bleach: The Blade of Fate (I hate Bleach, but this is a quality fighter) PSP: Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Power Stone Collection, Sonic Rivals Wii: Super Mario Galaxy Gamecube: Sonic Heroes (again) PS2: Virtua Fighter 4 (again), Guitar Hero II As you might have guessed, I love SEGA and I love fighting games.
kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts

Playing the orange box and Mass Effect.

Soon to get Call of Duty 4 and Assassins Creed.

Team Fortress is hilarious.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rragnaar
I just picked up Rock Band today... I've been playing it at my best friend's house since Christmas and I love it.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

The Orange Box- picked this up on Steam (along with Vampire the Masquerade- Bloodlines and Pyschonauts, which I haven't started). I beat Portal on New Years Eve and I have to question how that wasn't GOTY. I've never played any of the Half Life series, so I'm starting with HL2 before hitting the episodes. It's a great game and I'm a bit more than halfway done. I would play TF2 but the gamepad support is broken.

Stranglehold- picked this one up and am enjoying it, but it's not a game I can just sit down with for extended periods of time. I got the collector's edition, which was worth the extra $10. This game is great for me since I live in China and my friends didn't know there was a game with Chow Yun-fat in it, so it's a great game to show off.

Shadow of the Colossus- I beat this game twice in a week recently. Sure, I've slowed down lately, but it's easily my favorite game ever, easily trouncing SMB3. It's so good that it's the game that convinced my girlfriend to stop playing just easy to understand games (like minigames or Calling all Cars) and learn dual-analog.

I can't wait to get back to the US in a few weeks so I can rent Lair. I know the game has been trashed by reviewers, but I've heard enough positive feedback on the forums to give it a rent. Plus, it might give me a reason to use my PSP for remote play.

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts

Right now im playing

Gears of war: I just passed the 4th act on Casual

Guitar hero 2: Im 3 quaters of the way threw the hard Carear and Im working on some other Achievments.

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts

Same as Before

Senko No Rondo. Such a fun game. Its a fighter mixed with a shump

Tomb Raider Legends: This is going take me a while...Too scar. But I absolutely adore the platform elements. Shooting is a bit weak though

I have to say, I hate this year. I've easily spent more then I've did in the past 3 to 4 years combined. But I'm finally going to get to play a next gen game...On an HDTV!!! I'm about done running wires, fixing up everything, I need on my new computer and just need to buy the VGA cables ^_^

Iga_Bobovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Iga_Bobovic
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 corruption. Wow, the artstyle is magnificent. The gameplay is good too. Downloaded Sin & Punishment on the VC. Played it only once, but hectic it was. I was pressing the fire button as if there was no tomorrow.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

COD4: playing online never gets boring.

GT5p (import) : Im now at the B challenge with last event which is called "mission", I start the race with Audi R8 ( which I must to collect money to buy it, and I can't enter this race with any other car, the R8 is the required car for this race to enter) at last place (8th), in 6 laps I have to beat 7 super cars which is quite impossible, I have tried over 20 times , and all I can get to is the second place.

Laughlin_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Laughlin_12
Member since 2003 • 5928 Posts

Call of Duty 4: I'm about halfway through on Veteran. It's not bad so far, but I'm not looking forward to the some of the later missions.

Mass Effect: I'm only about 5 hours in, but I'm addicted.

Rock Band: I played this at a friends for a couple hours straight, but haven't been playing much by myself.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I just started playing some God of War II tonight. Yet another game from 2007 I really should have purchased when it came out. In terms of balls-off-the-wall action it just slaughters the first one. The epic scale and amazing action sequences really also shame a lot of "next-gen" games to come out in 2007. Its amazing what developers can do when they have a team of intelligent people backing them who put effort into making both a beautiful game and one that is just incredibly awesome to play.