The Official GGD Guitar Hero II Leaderboard Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Update is live. When you were doing the career scores, I think you forgot to switch off the "campaign only" option, because those are our campaign only scores. On the all songs leaderboard, I have like 18000000 points, and Slunks has close to 20000000.

AlexN

Ah crap.

I'll get it fixed right away. Just got to finish blowing up some bugs in Earth Defense Force, which is surprisingly good in a cheesy, late, late night sfi-fi movie kind of way.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I see i lost my two top spots, i knew this would happen quick but its still nice to say i was up there for a little while. I really have to get playing this game and improving my scores because i just haven't been playing it. I might play it for a while tonight but i won't be getting any better scores but ill be back to playing expert since i went through the other difficulties to get rid of some of the achievement list. :)
ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#153 ShenlongBo
Member since 2004 • 3800 Posts
There are still more people add to update this list.  Guys, I'm going to try, try, try to have it all up tonight.  If not tonight, Shame-us, do you object to a Sunday update?  Anyone else?
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 caddy
I just had a quick blast through some of the extra songs and raised my overall career score because it was too low for my liking :P
bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#155 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts
Could have sworn my Trippin on a Hole was higher since I 5* it today.
Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Slunks
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

There are still more people add to update this list. Guys, I'm going to try, try, try to have it all up tonight. If not tonight, Shame-us, do you object to a Sunday update? Anyone else?ShenlongBo

I certainly don't mind. I sort of feel like I'm taking the fun out of things in a way.

Thanks for the update though, Blackley. :) 

Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 Korubi
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

[QUOTE="ShenlongBo"]There are still more people add to update this list. Guys, I'm going to try, try, try to have it all up tonight. If not tonight, Shame-us, do you object to a Sunday update? Anyone else?Slunks

I certainly don't mind. I sort of feel like I'm taking the fun out of things in a way.

Hey, what's that supposed to mean :evil:

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 caddy
[QUOTE="Slunks"]

[QUOTE="ShenlongBo"]There are still more people add to update this list. Guys, I'm going to try, try, try to have it all up tonight. If not tonight, Shame-us, do you object to a Sunday update? Anyone else?Korubi

Hey, what's that supposed to mean :evil:

I think he means because he is beating all of us so bad :wink: I wouldn't say that though, its fun to see the scores that you can get out of a song and what you need to do to improve. Don't worry, we will all catch up and it will be closer....some day :)

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Shame-usBlackley

There are still more people add to update this list.  Guys, I'm going to try, try, try to have it all up tonight.  If not tonight, Shame-us, do you object to a Sunday update?  Anyone else?ShenlongBo

Whatever works best for you, Shen. I'm just appreciative of the help.

Also, you don't have to do the updating if you don't want - you can shoot me the numbers and I'll do it, although I'm certainly not going to argue if you want to do them. :P

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts

[QUOTE="ShenlongBo"]There are still more people add to update this list. Guys, I'm going to try, try, try to have it all up tonight. If not tonight, Shame-us, do you object to a Sunday update? Anyone else?Shame-usBlackley

Whatever works best for you, Shen. I'm just appreciative of the help.

Also, you don't have to do the updating if you don't want - you can shoot me the numbers and I'll do it, although I'm certainly not going to argue if you want to do them. :P

Heh, if you want, I'll just keep updating my personal scores each night. 

MrCHUP0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#161 MrCHUP0N
Member since 2004 • 2813 Posts
Hurry Shen, I want to see my mug up thar :)
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Shame-usBlackley

AlexN

You can if you want, but it's really no prob. To be honest, yours and Slunks are the two easiest, since they always stay in the top two, which makes it mostly a matter of updating one and copying/pasting the other - maybe swapping places at most. You two are the easiest updates, and also the two who I most look forward to updating since it's the closest race.

I totally don't have a problem if you want to update your scores more often, though. :)

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ShenlongBo
[QUOTE="AlexN"]

Shame-usBlackley

You can if you want, but it's really no prob. To be honest, yours and Slunks are the two easiest, since they always stay in the top two, which makes it mostly a matter of updating one and copying/pasting the other - maybe swapping places at most. You two are the easiest updates, and also the two who I most look forward to updating since it's the closest race.

I totally don't have a problem if you want to update your scores more often, though. :)

Not so fast, Shame-us ;)  FourSerioux and I are going to throw a Monkey Wrench in what you just said once I post my update.  N3RD ALERT and MrCHUP0N are too.  Won't say too much too fast, but get ready to watch people in the number 4-5 spots drop down to 10 and, in some cases, disappear altogether :)
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 caddy
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"][QUOTE="AlexN"]

ShenlongBo

I totally don't have a problem if you want to update your scores more often, though. :)

Not so fast, Shame-us ;) FourSerioux and I are going to throw a Monkey Wrench in what you just said once I post my update. N3RD ALERT and MrCHUP0N are too. Won't say too much too fast, but get ready to watch people in the number 4-5 spots drop down to 10 and, in some cases, disappear altogether :)

That doesn't sound good for me...I don't have the time to play that game to get any better at the moment due to me having exams to study for but once i am on holiday, i have a good few months off uni to work on my scores. :)

Slunks: Ive just been watching some of your old videos and it seems you were at the stage i am at now, all those months ago. This shows that if i practise more, ill will become better and get close to where you are now, well i hope so anyway :wink:

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Slunks

Slunks: Ive just been watching some of your old videos and it seems you were at the stage i am at now, all those months ago. This shows that if i practise more, ill will become better and get close to where you are now, well i hope so anyway :wink:

Caddy06_88

We nearly all started on easy, right? :)

Speaking of videos, a lot of people request those things from me pretty often. So right now I'm going to do my best and get a few more videos uploaded by the end of this month. If I wanted to, I could record me playing the entire songlist, but that would be giving the fans what they want. :P

Speaking of which, here's one now!  

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 caddy
[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]

Slunks

We nearly all started on easy, right? :)

Speaking of videos, a lot of people request those things from me pretty often. So right now I'm going to do my best and get a few more videos uploaded by the end of this month. If I wanted to, I could record me playing the entire songlist, but that would be giving the fans what they want. :P

I checked out that video earlier and left a comment, i was impressed! :) It will be cool to see what you can do now, well i know what you can do with the scores but to actually see it, is a different story. Ill be sure to check out more videos as you make them. :) 

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 AlexN

Slunks

It is now my goal to 100% that song. I can get in the 96% range right now. Dammit. And I really hate My Chemical Romance, too. 

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 caddy
[QUOTE="Slunks"]

AlexN

It is now my goal to 100% that song. I can get in the 96% range right now. Dammit. And I really hate My Chemical Romance, too.

Me too, thats why i am really impressed that he has stuck through that song and done it over and over to get that score, it makes me shiver in fear :wink: 

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 caddy
OK, i have a question. Does anybody know if you have to be logged into xbox live for leaderboard scores to count? The reason i ask is that i was playing tonight but i wasn't signed onto live, i got a new high score for Sweet Child of Mine. I signed into live afterwards and checked the leaderboard and it hadn't updated the score. Does it take time to update or do you have to be signed into live when you get the score for it to count? I thought it would update the score if i done it offline then went online later :?
Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Slunks

OK, i have a question. Does anybody know if you have to be logged into xbox live for leaderboard scores to count? The reason i ask is that i was playing tonight but i wasn't signed onto live, i got a new high score for Sweet Child of Mine. I signed into live afterwards and checked the leaderboard and it hadn't updated the score. Does it take time to update or do you have to be signed into live when you get the score for it to count? I thought it would update the score if i done it offline then went online later :?Caddy06_88

I had this situation before. I can't remember what song/score I got, but I know I wasn't signed into XBL when I got it. I went and checked the leaderboard and it didn't update, but the very next day I checked again and the score was updated. So I guess give it some time.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 caddy

[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]OK, i have a question. Does anybody know if you have to be logged into xbox live for leaderboard scores to count? The reason i ask is that i was playing tonight but i wasn't signed onto live, i got a new high score for Sweet Child of Mine. I signed into live afterwards and checked the leaderboard and it hadn't updated the score. Does it take time to update or do you have to be signed into live when you get the score for it to count? I thought it would update the score if i done it offline then went online later :?Slunks

I had this situation before. I can't remember what song/score I got, but I know I wasn't signed into XBL when I got it. I went and checked the leaderboard and it didn't update, but the very next day I checked again and the score was updated. So I guess give it some time.

I hope it updates anyway. Its not the best score or anything i just want to know for future reference because i might get lucky one day and get an amazing score on a song and it would be a shame if it didn't get counted because i wasn't signed in at the time. I guess ill find out tomorrow whats happened. :)

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 AlexN

Me too, thats why i am really impressed that he has stuck through that song and done it over and over to get that score, it makes me shiver in fear :wink:

Caddy06_88

The song is actually a good bit of fun to play, which is why I can stomach it. But purely from a musical angle, it kind of makes me want to vomit with rage. I had the same reaction to the Exies song from the first game. Again, fun, but totally unlistenable outside the context of that game.

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 bulletproofcow
[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]

AlexN

The song is actually a good bit of fun to play, which is why I can stomach it. But purely from a musical angle, it kind of makes me want to vomit with rage. I had the same reaction to the Exies song from the first game. Again, fun, but totally unlistenable outside the context of that game.

Wow, you're about the first person besides myself to actually say that. Seems like everyone either hates the song or loves the band. Its actually become a good warm up song for me. And Slunks, amazing run. You might have stretched your score a little if you activated SP at the end a little later so you got the RB at the end.
Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Slunks

Wow, you're about the first person besides myself to actually say that. Seems like everyone either hates the song or loves the band. Its actually become a good warm up song for me. And Slunks, amazing run. You might have stretched your score a little if you activated SP at the end a little later so you got the RB at the end.

bulletproofcow

Haha, I was waiting for somebody to notice that. It was my first time using that SP run and I didn't think about the end chords.

Ahh well.

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ShenlongBo

Alright everyone, Wednesday's update is in place, and as you'll notice, there are a lot of new names taking over the top spots.  This is a good thing if you ask me, because mine's one of them :P

MrCHUP0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 MrCHUP0N

Now I wish I took video of my John the Fisherman 100%. Slunks, do you still have my screenshot from the Tourney? (I don't...)

And thanks Shen for the update.

This all makes me wonder what the indie tracklist looks like.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 caddy

I hope it updates anyway. Its not the best score or anything i just want to know for future reference because i might get lucky one day and get an amazing score on a song and it would be a shame if it didn't get counted because i wasn't signed in at the time. I guess ill find out tomorrow whats happened. :)

Caddy06_88

Update: It didn't update. This means that you have to be signed into live for the scores to count and it appears they aren't updated later on. This is slightly annoying but at least i know now. I am going to have to do more songs now that i have beaten my score on, even though it doesn't seem that way. :( 

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ShenlongBo
I know what you mean, MrC.  I know it's not the hardest song to get gold on, but I finally got Monkey Wrench 100% last night.  Unfortunately, I didn't get it on vid either.  I guess I could probably get it again though.
AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 AlexN
I have 100% on X-Stream on expert. Step.
MrCHUP0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 MrCHUP0N

I have 100% on X-Stream on expert. Step.AlexN

*steps... away*

*then falls backwards down the stairs*

*then tries to upload AlexN's Hall of Shame Part 6 via the Gamespot Video uploader, and fails* 

I haven't played a majority of the unlockable songs. I hope to venture out of my shell one day.

_CV_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 _CV_
Member since 2002 • 2315 Posts
Glad to see it updated, looks like I'm going to have to get it in to gear and push up, try and challenge the top 3 overall.  I'll have more time to play after May 4th, look for some score updates on the leaderboard for me then!
Thanks to you guys for putting this together too.
Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Slunks
I have 100% on X-Stream on expert. Step.AlexN

Haha, yeah I remember the night you PM'd me on XBL with that victory of yours. I don't think I ever congratulated you on that. Either that, or I don't remember. But incase I didn't, grats. If I didn't, grats anyway even though I already said grats on XBL grats cheese grates.

Wait, what?

My latest accomplishment: YYZ, yay!

Zaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Zaps
Member since 2003 • 1587 Posts
An extremely, extremely impressive YYZ score, Slunks. I've only got 270k on the PS2 version. Is that a 100% too?
Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Slunks

An extremely, extremely impressive YYZ score, Slunks. I've only got 270k on the PS2 version. Is that a 100% too?Zaps

-2'd it.

Preparing for a 100% so I can record it. It's my weeks mission. 

Zaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Zaps

-2'd it.

Preparing for a 100% so I can record it. It's my weeks mission.

Slunks

Good luck with that. I've tried in the past, but it was part D of the solo that stopped me from 100%-ing it :(

It's a fun song to play, though. Sounds like you'll have more luck than me - I don't think I ever achieved a -2 run.
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Shame-usBlackley

2nd update is ready for primetime.

I'll be combining Shen's update with the rest of the scores and posting them. Should be up by nightfall.

Cover me! I'm going in.

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 ShenlongBo
Yes, very very impressive YYZ score for both of you, Zaps.  Know what else impressed me last night?  Ed Ap's scores for Life Wasted and Ace of Spades.  I know they're not that hard, but he had to have either 100%'d them or came really close, because I couldn't take those songs from him.
AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AlexN

Yes, very very impressive YYZ score for both of you, Zaps. Know what else impressed me last night? Ed Ap's scores for Life Wasted and Ace of Spades. I know they're not that hard, but he had to have either 100%'d them or came really close, because I couldn't take those songs from him.ShenlongBo

99% on both. 

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#189 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
I got GH and GH2 on the PS2 and there awesome. Is the only difference between the 360 and PS2 version downloads and achievement points?
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 caddy

I got GH and GH2 on the PS2 and there awesome. Is the only difference between the 360 and PS2 version downloads and achievement points?juicetino

There is also 10 new songs and the graphics are updated and cleaner.  

Darrogamer06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#191 Darrogamer06
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
Even though I am not the best GH player of the bunch, it is nice to see that I am in the top 10 overall leaderboard on here anyway. 
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

You guys are really making me continually check my bank account. Now that I figure GH2 won't be on Wii, since GH3 was announced, I feel like getting a 360 for GH2.

Also, no scores submitted for the bonus songs yet?

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 ShenlongBo

You guys are really making me continually check my bank account. Now that I figure GH2 won't be on Wii, since GH3 was announced, I feel like getting a 360 for GH2.

Lockedge
This many players x 48 career songs already makes me dizzy.  Add to that the list of extra songs, and smoke starts billowing from my ears.  Shame-us and I will get the leaderboard updated with those songs, but it takes time... lots and lots of time.
Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Slunks

Well then, thank you guys for your time. Let me know if you need help for a couple weeks or something.

:)

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
[QUOTE="Lockedge"]

ShenlongBo

This many player x 48 career songs already makes me dizzy. Add to that the list of extra songs, and smoke starts billowing from my ears. Shame-us and I will get the leaderboard updated with those songs, but it takes time... lots and lots of time.

Heh, looking back, I figured that'd be the reason. Checking all the friends list and the scores of individuals for individual songs...you guys should find a hobo to do the job for a daily sandwich. :D 

Zaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Zaps
Just because I don't have the 360 version doesn't mean I can't come here and gloat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3Q5jNh1fU (For some reason, I can't get it to upload on GameSpot, so sorry about that.)
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Shame-usBlackley

Sorry about the delay in updating guys. Aside from forgetting that I had two birthday parties to go to this weekend, I got the dreaded "Cnet Forums Are Down For Maintenance, Please Try Later" message when I went to update Saturday night.

Scores will be updated tonight absoposilutely. Promise.

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 bulletproofcow

Right, have I missed something or is there a reason this place is a tumble weed?

If I remember correctly Shameus was going on vacation, but I didn't know that it would kill this thread...

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ShenlongBo

Shame-us went on vacation and my TV decided to die.  Because that's what things do.  They decide to die... right when you're getting really good, and when you're in the #2 position overall.  They decide to die.

Anyway, it'll pick back up soon, man, I'm sure.