The most shocking thing about Watch Dogs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by RickPhoenixxx (23 posts) -

It looks a tad bit better than GTA5. Is this all the PS4 and X1 can muster for an open world game? My heart wants to say Ubisoft is just a crappy dev but my brain says these consoles are in reality pathetically weak. Now I KNOW graphics always improve with time on consoles, but this time they are not loss leaders - meaning the tech is nowhere near top of the line this time around.

#1 Edited by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -

Early multiplats won't show off graphics.

Look at exclusives like Infamous

#2 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18328 posts) -

Don't you people ever get tired of whining about graphics ?

#3 Edited by comptonst88 (348 posts) -

I think WD looks alot better than GTA5, these new gen consoles have about 2X the power of the last gen systems.

#4 Posted by sabretooth2066 (402 posts) -

the without any doubt most shocking thing about watch dogs is:

the ammount of pure stupidity, moronic, retarded, idiotic, completely out of any context bullshit user reviews and GTA V vs. WATCH DOGS fanboy discussions the game already started since its release one day ago, now if i look forward to the next weeks and months i already sense the biggest fanboy war of all time

i already mentioned it in another thread but current metacritic user reviews are more and more something like "i rate this game with 0 because of all those idiots rating it with 10" and "i rate this game with 10 because of all those idiots rating it with 0"

#5 Posted by Jacanuk (5568 posts) -

@rickphoenixxx said:

It looks a tad bit better than GTA5. Is this all the PS4 and X1 can muster for an open world game? My heart wants to say Ubisoft is just a crappy dev but my brain says these consoles are in reality pathetically weak. Now I KNOW graphics always improve with time on consoles, but this time they are not loss leaders - meaning the tech is nowhere near top of the line this time around.

Welcome to the forums but i think you took a wrong turn somewhere, Systemwars is where you argue over graphics like it actually makes a difference.

But other than that with the million of bugs, glitches, bad design choices and other tads and bits its pretty admirable that you focus on the graphics which are actually pretty decent on a pc.

#7 Posted by Ballroompirate (23694 posts) -

GTA 5 while it's an awesome game and a pretty good looking game, it is not better looking than Watch Dogs. Both also have a ton of bugs/glitches so you can't say one has bugs/glitches while the other doesn't. Also looking at the PS4 streams of Watch Dogs the game looks pretty amazing and we're not even 2 years into gen 8, also considering Watch Dogs is a multiplat/cross gen game I give mad props for once to Ubi.

#8 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

The main character being a vigilante, yet can go around killing innocent civilian without ever explaining himself because of it. It's more of a personal nitpick than an actual flaw.