The most hours (nonstop) you have played a video game?

• 66 results
#51 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69529 posts) -

Damn, i don't really know, it might be WWE Smackdown Just Bring It. I think i played that thing for 18 hours straight after i got it

#52 Posted by Justin_G (198 posts) -

wow, there are some real troopers here.

the most i've ever played at once? (playing Far Cry 3 and some odd games got me close but enough to outdo...) my 8 hours straight of playing Metal Gear Solid when i was young, to beat it flat out, no breaks and no skipping any cut scenes either. now that is something that sticks with ya. ;)

#53 Posted by quatoe (5664 posts) -

Probably Resident Evil 4, I would play the story 12-13 hours then the Mercenaries for about 6-7 hours daily for 3 weeks. Halo 2 back in the day I played for 21 hours straight.

#54 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5625 posts) -

Probably Civ 5... man I sunk some hours into that!

#55 Posted by osan0 (12581 posts) -

9 hours straight on baldurs gate 1. couldnt stop playing.

in second is 6 hours straight playing sins of a solar empire. oh i will just conquer one more planet...ah sure i will just get my defenses set up around my new planet....better wait for those to be built before i stop playing.....ah sure i will send my fleet to the next plent while i am waiting......ITS A DEADLY CYCLE!! :p.

#56 Posted by NightlyOne (318 posts) -

The longest I have ever stayed up is playing EverQuest. I was finally able to grab a particularly popular monster camp to farm a rare item from a rare spawn (yes, one of those scenarios). It was during one of my high school summers, so fortunately I had infinite time to burn. I was determined to not let the camp go, and I ended up clocking in about 36 hours of playtime until I finally got my hands on the rare loot.

Needless to say, my head hit the pillow within a minute of looting that item. I do the occasional 8-10 hour binge but I will (most likely, depending on circumstances) never do another marathon like that again.

#57 Edited by RyviusARC (4185 posts) -

I remember spending almost 5 hours straight trying to beat Angra Mainyu in Final Fantasy X-2.

I was under leveled and didn't know the tactics to beat him correctly.

throughout that whole time my party did not wipe and I slowly picked away at the boss while constantly using Phoenix Downs to revive any fallen players.

I had maxed out on Phoenix Downs and by the end of the fight I was down to 1 phoenix down.

I thought I was going to be wiped out when I was down to my last phoenix down but then the boss dropped.

#58 Posted by ranbir_flame (409 posts) -

10 hours on a Civ5 game. Didnt get to know it had been that long.

#59 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

I think it was 11 or 12 hours playing everquest back in the day.

#60 Posted by Randolph (10417 posts) -

I once woke up back when I was 9 or 10, and played a borrowed copy of TMNT2: The Arcade game literally all day. Never even got out of my PJ's. I've also had pretty similar marathons of Morrowind when it first arrived, and Final Fantasy 11 Online.

#61 Edited by Refresh220 (17 posts) -

I remeber playing Xenogears 11 hours each day and I beat it in 5 days.

#62 Posted by Gamerno66666 (161 posts) -

18 hours playing nfs:mw.

#63 Posted by riou7 (10832 posts) -

Playing the original Dark Souls for like 7-8 hours. I was pretty much obsessed with the game.

#64 Edited by futureops (17 posts) -

17 hours without food and shower or break,only water during a EPIC RUSH trying to complete my favourite game Borderlands 2.I succeeded.

#65 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4079 posts) -

Wow, there are some obsessive people on this thread!

I think my longest was 8 hours or so when I played all of MGS2 in one sitting. Without dying.

#66 Edited by Jag85 (4278 posts) -

Necro thread aside... I probably spent 20+ hours playing Final Fantasy VII non-stop back in the days.

#67 Posted by fully87 (26 posts) -

8 hours non stop on the original Dark Souls, Used to play marathon sessions on Counterstrike and Unreal Tournament back in the day.