The most expensive game you have ever purchased?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by metalgrinch (455 posts) -

Not sure if there are any game collector's here, but from what I've seen on Ebay as of late, there are a lot of crazy prices for old school games on sale. The most extravagant so far is NES's 'The Flinstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak' being sold brand new and sealed for $250,000!

So even if you somewhat of a game collector, what is the most you've ever payed for a game?

For me I would say paying $61.11 for a like-new copy of .hack:Vol 4 Quarantine off of amazon. I had to swap the cases as the plastic case was busted but the cover art and manual were perfect, and the discs didn't have a single faint scratch or scuff on em at all (I feel for this price getting these discs in this condition was a pretty good deal).

#2 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

duke nukem balls of steel addition=100$

resident evil orc special addition-80$

devil may cry special addition(got it signed by johnny bach)-100$

i regret neither

#3 Posted by mindstorm (15242 posts) -
I'm not sure that I have every spent more than $60 straight out but I certainly have spent a heck of a lot of money on World of Warcraft over many years.
#4 Posted by Megavideogamer (5325 posts) -

In 2004 I paid 95.00 for SuperMario RPG. There was no virtual console back then.

#5 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
$99 for Phantasy Star IV for Genesis then beat it and returned it and got store credit. Those were the days! I am not gonna count imports as they were always over $100 for me back in the early 90's
#6 Posted by mooooo99 (1244 posts) -

for a single game probably about 70£ for ffxiii-2 crystal edition. but i did also by the collectors edition, a standard copy, 2 guide books as well. so that did turn into about 150£+ for ffxii-2 but i did get a lot of stuff.

#7 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25600 posts) -

Halo Reach Legendary Edition for £100. (Conversion to $, about $150)

#8 Posted by Alex3796 (2669 posts) -
$80 for Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition
#9 Posted by Jacanuk (4226 posts) -

Not sure if there are any game collector's here, but from what I've seen on Ebay as of late, there are a lot of crazy prices for old school games on sale. The most extravagant so far is NES's 'The Flinstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak' being sold brand new and sealed for $250,000!

So even if you somewhat of a game collector, what is the most you've ever payed for a game?

For me I would say paying $61.11 for a like-new copy of .hack:Vol 4 Quarantine off of amazon. I had to swap the cases as the plastic case was busted but the cover art and manual were perfect, and the discs didn't have a single faint scratch or scuff on em at all (I feel for this price getting these discs in this condition was a pretty good deal).

metalgrinch
Diablo 3 and i regret paying full price for that every single day.
#10 Posted by Jackboot343 (2574 posts) -

WoW + expansions + monthly fees

#11 Posted by padavid10 (47 posts) -

Probably paying £70 ($100) for Virtua Racer on the Mega drive back in 1994. Given rates of exchange and inflation this would be around $145 for a game today.

But god damn, I loved that game. Three tracks of greatness.

#12 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

110: guildwars nightfall: collectors edition pre-order (worth every gd penny)

#13 Posted by MirkoS77 (7177 posts) -

Around $350 for Panzer Dragoon Saga.

#14 Posted by Naylord (669 posts) -

Rock band for 200 I think

#15 Posted by HardGames420 (233 posts) -

250$ for brand new factory sealed Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition EU release, 250$ for brand new factory sealed Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition NA release and I have absolutely zero regrets. I won't sell them and they will stay sealed for many many years to come...

#16 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

Wii Sports - $250.

Well worth the price.

#17 Posted by MonsieurX (29569 posts) -
Collector's Edition D3 for 100$
#18 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

Last spring I paid $98 on Ebay for a mint condition copy of Radiant Silvergun on the Sega Saturn. Glad I bought it when I did because since it was released on XBLA it's value has gone up to nearly $150 on average.

#19 Posted by XaosII (16563 posts) -

Single purchase? Diablo 3 Collectors Edition at $100.

Otherewise Hellgate: London Collector's edition along with a lifetime subscription at $210..... That one hurt.

#21 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

Mass effect 3 - SG$100 ~ US$80

too bad that this bday present made me more depressed after finishing this.

#22 Posted by Kevlar101 (6075 posts) -
I know its sad, but Halo: Reach Limited Edition for $70.
#23 Posted by Drakebunny (3029 posts) -

Never more than $65.

#24 Posted by LordRork (2690 posts) -

Starcraft II: WoL Special Edition at £75. But at least it was a SE that felt special, compared to something like ME3 which just crowbars some small stuff into a DVD sized package.

#25 Posted by genius2365 (378 posts) -
$80 for Mass Effect 3 Collector's EditionAlex3796
This. Along with a Hardened Edition of MW2 my dad got me.
#26 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

I've never spent more than $50 on a single game. Anything above that is a ripoff to me for the most part.

#27 Posted by ddlcpc (856 posts) -

I've always gotten my game at standard regular price 40 and lower at some point.. i personally thing that the collector edition even though personal perference is useless nd should be seperated from actual games.....

#28 Posted by NightmareP3 (253 posts) -

Halo 3 Collectors eddition - 93 euros

Crysis 1 Special Steel Book edition - 73 euros

#29 Posted by kweeni (10898 posts) -
Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition, got it for 80 euro. It's the only game I've payed more than 60 euro for to date. Even paying 60 euro for a game is a rare thing for me lol.
#30 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

I think about $120 each for mint copies of Wind Waker (the edition that comes with OoT master quest) and Twilight Princess for the gamecube. Or maybe one of them was $100, I can't remember. Still haven't opened them yet, bought them in January last year.

I should mention that I live in Australia, where the norm for a new retail game is ~$100. I bought both of the Zelda games from the UK, where I now buy all my new games for ~$60.

#31 Posted by Lord_Nas3k (1492 posts) -

About $100 for the Max Payne 3 special edition, that's the most recent one I can think of. Don't think I've ever payed more than 100 for a single game, aside from something like Guitar Hero.

#32 Posted by Justinps2hero (2162 posts) -
Sonic 2 £45 Mickeys castle of illusion £45 Tazmanian Devil £45 Looking back, the megadrive was a bit of a rip off!
#33 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
The most I've paid for a single video game is $75 for Turok The Dinosaur Hunter N64. As for collector's editions, $150 was/is the max - i.e. Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, Halo Reach Legendary Edition, Diablo 3 Collector's Edition ($99), Guild Wars 2 CE ($150), but the worst CE had to be God of War 3.
#34 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

WoW + expansions + monthly fees

Jackboot343

This. By a lot.

#35 Posted by random991 (1058 posts) -

The most expencive game is Final Fantasy XIII collectors edition for 75,00

#36 Posted by bats94 (736 posts) -

Mortal Kombat 9 on the PS3 (the Kollector's Edition)

#37 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

MirkoS77
What? I could have sold mine for that much? *cries*
#38 Posted by SoNin360 (5367 posts) -
Collector's editions for Fallout New Vegas and Modern Warfare 2 for $80, the latter of which I regret. I've also bought the DLC for New Vegas, if that counts towards the amount I paid for the game.
#40 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9325 posts) -
$230 for COD: Black Ops Prestige
#41 Posted by MirkoS77 (7177 posts) -
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

Dracula68
What? I could have sold mine for that much? *cries*

And u still can. A few copies on eBay up now for near that. Mine was brand new mint, only unsealed.
#42 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
I've never purchased a special edition. I got the RDR special edition from preordering, but that was free. The most I have spent was 120 on Madden 12. I was looking to get the hall of fame edition for the Ultimate team stuff, but they were out. I wanted to get a $20 psn card for UT, but they were out. I ended up buying it with a $50 psn card. I then barely even played ultimate team, and traded in that POS a few weeks later. Such a waste of money. The demo was so promising too. :/ I'm never making that mistake again. There have been plenty of collector's editions I wanted like GOW3 and UC3, but I couldn't afford them. :/
#43 Posted by jsmoke03 (12766 posts) -

i would have to say the older genesis games...i think sf2 turbo edition ran for $70+ when it first came out

#44 Posted by DJChuy (1813 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition & Catherine Love is Over Edition. Both were $80.

#45 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Probably Portal 2 for $60 right around it's release.

....I rarely buy special/collector/whatever editions of games. I did get the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY last year in December but it wasn't really all that expensive so that doesn't count.

#46 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
SF2 for the SNES ...in today's dollars it would be well over $150
#47 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Probably around the £45 mark.

Anything over that is crazy to me.