The most disturbing, sick, twisted game?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
I always answer Majora's Mask, but after playing Dark Souls I think I'm going to go with that. For a game to be disturbing to me, it can't rely on just shock value. It has to leave a lasting impression of something dark in my head, and thats exactly what those two game did to me.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts
None of these games are really that messed up, or twisted but most of them you've listed are really good games. I love the condemed series, the silent hills, R.E. and manhunt 1. But looking into sick games, the sickets one i found was Rapelay. You may have heard of it but playing this **** made me feel really uncomfortable, and its really like a Hentai Game. You stalk three girls total, one at a time and each girl has two parts. The first part you pretty much molest the girl in a bus or alley way or something and after your progression bar fills you get into part 2 which is actually rapeing the girl. Playing this **** made me hate the world and everyone living on it for a day. Especially me for playing this garbage. veryhoudini
Stop necroing.
DARKNESSxEAGLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 DARKNESSxEAGLE
Member since 2010 • 489 Posts

I guess Conker's Bad Fur Day is pretty twisted, Silent Hill 2 was the most disturbing (Mannequins anyone) and probably the most sick one that comes to mind, other than that, I'd stick Majora's Mask in somewhere too, but only because it was a depressing game on a Nintendo system. I would say Clock Tower, but Scisor midget and several other aspects of the game were more amusing than they were scary or disturbing, much like Eternal Darkness.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
[QUOTE="streak000"]

In order:

1. Silent Hill - the scariest game ever made, period. It's like playing an interactive nightmare. The story didn't make much sense, but nightmares don't have to be logical to be horrifying...

2. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - Freakiest game ever released on Xbox. This amazing game contains some of the most disturbing moments I've ever seen in a videogame. Unforgettable.

3. Manhunt - Disgusting, sick, depraved, yet strangely addictive. Very gratuitous violence and a mean tone make this one of the most disturbing games ever made.

4. Condemned 1 & 2 - Not all that scary to me, but these games do creep up on you. Seedy, hellish, dark environments and visceral combat make the Condemned series worthy of inclusion into the list of the most disturbing, sick games.....

Great choices there -- glad someone other than myself played Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth ( I just started a new round of that one on xbox a couple nights ago... still creeps me out)
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#55 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. I have never been more freaked out.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#56 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Almost no one has ehard of it, and I am about to start playing it so I can't really say, but Theresia: Dear Emile on DS is supposed to be ridiculously twisted and disturbing, story wise. Most of the onscreen violence is usually just a body I beleive.

As far as onscreen stuff goes, I qould say the Dead Space games. They are so ridiculously bloody and gory.

And I feel the two recent Batman games get attention, not because of their violence, but because of some of the implied violence. Like people being burned alive in 400 degree ovens, stuff like that, especially in Arkham City.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 turtlethetaffer

I always answer Majora's Mask, but after playing Dark Souls I think I'm going to go with that. For a game to be disturbing to me, it can't rely on just shock value. It has to leave a lasting impression of something dark in my head, and thats exactly what those two game did to me.BadNewsBen

Majora's Mask is pretty dark and twisted, but there is little that's disturbing about the game, to me. It's more jsut unsettling and sad than disturbing. Granted, there are some disturbing parts, like the Happy Mask Salesman freaking out. But, really, it's more just an unsettling and sad game than disturbing.

IMO, of course. I love the game to death.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 turtlethetaffer

Kevlar101

You haven't played many horror games, have you?

Avatar image for JoeInWonderland
JoeInWonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JoeInWonderland
Member since 2012 • 112 Posts
Silent Hill and Resident Evil are the scariest games. But Eternal Darkness is one of the trippiest games with its sanity meter. Your character would go crazy and it would screw with you and tell you your memory card has been corrupted and your character would explode when went to heal...One of the most brilliant games ever.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]

I'm guessing not :P
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

What about Strip Fighter 2

redoubt9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 redoubt9000
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

Disturbing for me? I particularly enjoyed Galerians, although it didn't freak me out too much. I remember playing that years ago after RE 2 or 3 hit shelves - and it was quite possibly the best horror survival game with tank controls imo. Psychward staff having their brains explode alluva sudden was just great, until you soon realize it was because your status was worsening -_-

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

I'd say the Manhunt games. Just watching the gameplay makes my stomach turn. The Punisher game was also pretty gruesome but not as bad.

Melkari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Melkari
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts

Old thread is old.

But I guess I'll say some of the stuff in Silent Hill 2 was just plain f***ed up, especially Angela's backstory. The Abstract Daddy enemy is literally a walking rape representation. Also, the infamous introduction of Pyramid Head raping and killing the double-legged mannequins. Much of the symbolism of the enemy and character design is based on sexual frustration and acting out violently towards it. Apparently an early version had even worse stuff in it that was taken out due to extremely negative focus group reactions (one such being finding a fetus in a microwave).

Silent Hill 3 was pretty heavy on the sexual violence and imagery as well. Valtiel restraining a red nurse and performing oral on it, the God fetus oral abortion and subsequent oral ingestation (wut), the Split Worm being a blatant depiction of intercourse, Numb Bodies being a stillborn fetus with legs...yep. Vote goes to Silent Hill 2 and 3.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]

turtlethetaffer

Apparently not

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]

ShadowsDemon

I'm guessing not :P

I suppose not

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="TheBlackKnight3"]

...And no one even THINKS of Grand Theft Auto.

jimbob1991

I didn't because its not even close to being disturbing, and if you think it is you probably haven't played very many M rated video games. Look at this clip from Twisted Metal Black. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svca8zt9kG4 Very messed up. In fact so was that entire game.

That actually was not that bad. Kind of freaky, but not too bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#68 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

some japanese made pit fighting type game, can't remember the name

when you defeated your female opponent you'd then do a kind of rape/brutalize/kill finisher on them

yeah, naturally wasn't released in the west.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

The storylines of each driver in Twisted Metal: Black. How this game was practically overlooked is beyond me.TM_Darkside

I came in here to post the exact same thing. That game was disturbing, but that is a great deal of why I loved it more than previous Twisted Metal games. Each driver just had an extremely sick and TWISTED (METAL) story.

lol You should hear about some of the stuff that didn't make it into the game because Sony wouldn't allow it. Crazy stuff. For me it's easily the most disturbing game while also being an awesome game as well.

Avatar image for VintagePipeBomb
VintagePipeBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 VintagePipeBomb
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I do not recall a game that I have played that was disturbing.When I played a game that features a lot gore and stuff like that I kinda expect what I see when I play it.