The most disturbing, sick, twisted game?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts

What is the most disturbing, depressing or just plain creepiest game you've ever played?

For me it's got to be I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream. It's an old point & click adventure game where you play as 5 different characters. Humanity has come to an end, destroyed by a super computer by the name of AM (which is by the way voiced by the author of the novel the game is based on) which has somehow become self aware. It has kept these 5 individuals alive for his sick twisted satisfactions and has designed different torture based programs for them different characters to take. And this has been going on for 109 years! AM has made them virtually immortal, feeding them disgusting hard to eat meals every day.

• AM, the supercomputer who brought about the genocide of almost all of humanity.
  • Gorrister, who tells the history of AM for Benny's entertainment. Gorrister was once an idealist and pacifist, before AM made him apathetic and listless.
  • Benny, who was once a brilliant, handsome, homosexual scientist, and has been mutilated and transformed so that he resembles an ugly simian with gigantic sexual organs. Benny at some point lost his sanity completely and regressed to a child-like temperament. His former sexuality has been lost; he now regularly engages in sex with Ellen.
  • Nimdok (a name AM gave him), who persuades the rest of the group to go on a hopeless journey in search of canned food. At times he is known to wander away from the group for unknown reasons, and returns visibly traumatized.
  • Ellen, the only woman. She claims to once have been chaste, that it was AM who altered her mind so that she became willing to be the group's shared prostitute. The others, at different times, both protect her and abuse her. According to Ted, she finds pleasure in sex only with Benny, because of his large penis Described by Ted as having very dark skin, she is the only member of the group whose ethnicity or racial identity is explicitly mentioned.
  • Ted, the narrator and youngest of the group. He claims to be not at all altered, mentally, by AM, and that the other four hate him out of envy.

(wikipedia)

This is some seriously twisted stuff! The game isn't even that good, voice acting is extremely average, graphics are dark and murky, animations are really weird and most of all the game is just plain creepy! I kinda like it, but the game is hard and requires lots of trial and error. Although I find nothing particularly wrong with creepy games, really. And the game certainly doesn't have a happy ending.

What's your pick? I find it hard to believe something can top this... but prove me wrong!

atayl22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 atayl22
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
Maybe Doom 3. I can't imagine a worse situation than portals to hell opening up all over some creepy mars installation, spilling out demons and turning all the humans either insane or into zombies or worse. The atmosphere is awesome, the creepy audio logs and stuff really at to the mood - particularly when you traverse into hell. Honorable mentions go to System Shock 2 and Resident Evil 4.
Killburglar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Killburglar
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts
Custer's Revenge is pretty disturbing.
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts
Custer's Revenge is pretty disturbing.Killburglar
Exactly.
IamBurky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IamBurky
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
Condemed 1 and 2. I haven't played them but they do like disturbing and twisted.
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
Nothing really comes to mind; I guess I have been desensitized.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#8 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Well.....Max Payne disturbed me a little bit when you go into the cult areas but that was before I got de-sensitized
jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
^ Have all of you forgot about Manhunt 2? (that is, the uncensored edition; unfiltered executions)
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toriko42
Manhunt 2 wasn't as bad as Manhunt 1 which wasn't bad to begin with
jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
I found Manhunt 2's executions more twisted. And the sound of weapon impact and are most insane.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toriko42
You should see Resident Evil 4 when you hear the sound impacts. Even Gears of War has more realistic and distubing violence then Manhunt 2
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
The storylines of each driver in Twisted Metal: Black. How this game was practically overlooked is beyond me.
Forgotten00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Forgotten00
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

There are many games i think of when i think of disturbing.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot, Manhunt, Resident Evil 4, Doom, and of course that game with the super computer i remember it.

Silent Hill however.... is the worst. A place where your worst nightmares come to life. All types of monsters and blood and other creepy **** everywhere. Play the game i dare you... with the lights out.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
i haven't played it but condemed 2 looks pretty disturbing
riptoe222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 riptoe222
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts
postal series?
streak000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 streak000
Member since 2007 • 6802 Posts

In order:

1. Silent Hill - the scariest game ever made, period. It's like playing an interactive nightmare. The story didn't make much sense, but nightmares don't have to be logical to be horrifying...

2. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - Freakiest game ever released on Xbox. This amazing game contains some of the most disturbing moments I've ever seen in a videogame. Unforgettable.

3. Manhunt - Disgusting, sick, depraved, yet strangely addictive. Very gratuitous violence and a mean tone make this one of the most disturbing games ever made.

4. Condemned 1 & 2 - Not all that scary to me, but these games do creep up on you. Seedy, hellish, dark environments and visceral combat make the Condemned series worthy of inclusion into the list of the most disturbing, sick games.....

gm84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gm84
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts

In order:

1. Silent Hill - the scariest game ever made, period. It's like playing an interactive nightmare. The story didn't make much sense, but nightmares don't have to be logical to be horrifying...

2. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - Freakiest game ever released on Xbox. This amazing game contains some of the most disturbing moments I've ever seen in a videogame. Unforgettable.

3. Manhunt - Disgusting, sick, depraved, yet strangely addictive. Very gratuitous violence and a mean tone make this one of the most disturbing games ever made.

4. Condemned 1 & 2 - Not all that scary to me, but these games do creep up on you. Seedy, hellish, dark environments and visceral combat make the Condemned series worthy of inclusion into the list of the most disturbing, sick games.....

streak000

Agree....I would add Phantasmagoria and The Suffering to the list as well

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

This game right here really freaked me out

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/sanitarium/index.html?tag=result;title;0

SANITARIUM

atayl22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 atayl22
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
Anyone ever play a game called Clock Tower? I never did, but I heard it was quite mad and had a maniac running around with a giant pair of shears or something. I think it was for the playstation
LongWay2Go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LongWay2Go
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts

Yeah, the Clock Tower series is pretty weird to begin with, anyway.

I'll go with the Manhunt Franchise. And a lot of the Rockstar Games. What disturbed me recently is GTA:LCS. Chopping up the meat guy and getting all those corpses. Like, ugh.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Nintendogs. And I'm not kidding. I just felt sick playing this.
assasinspray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 assasinspray
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'd say silent hill origins. it was pretty sick. if ur saying twisted then probably MGS2. silent hills and resident evils were pretty disturbing.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

What is the most disturbing, depressing or just plain creepiest game you've ever played?

For me it's got to be I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream. It's an old point & click adventure game where you play as 5 different characters. Humanity has come to an end, destroyed by a super computer by the name of AM (which is by the way voiced by the author of the novel the game is based on) which has somehow become self aware. It has kept these 5 individuals alive for his sick twisted satisfactions and has designed different torture based programs for them different characters to take. And this has been going on for 109 years! AM has made them virtually immortal, feeding them disgusting hard to eat meals every day.

• AM, the supercomputer who brought about the genocide of almost all of humanity.
  • Gorrister, who tells the history of AM for Benny's entertainment. Gorrister was once an idealist and pacifist, before AM made him apathetic and listless.
  • Benny, who was once a brilliant, handsome, homosexual scientist, and has been mutilated and transformed so that he resembles an ugly simian with gigantic sexual organs. Benny at some point lost his sanity completely and regressed to a child-like temperament. His former sexuality has been lost; he now regularly engages in sex with Ellen.
  • Nimdok (a name AM gave him), who persuades the rest of the group to go on a hopeless journey in search of canned food. At times he is known to wander away from the group for unknown reasons, and returns visibly traumatized.
  • Ellen, the only woman. She claims to once have been chaste, that it was AM who altered her mind so that she became willing to be the group's shared prostitute. The others, at different times, both protect her and abuse her. According to Ted, she finds pleasure in sex only with Benny, because of his large penis Described by Ted as having very dark skin, she is the only member of the group whose ethnicity or racial identity is explicitly mentioned.
  • Ted, the narrator and youngest of the group. He claims to be not at all altered, mentally, by AM, and that the other four hate him out of envy.

(wikipedia)

This is some seriously twisted stuff! The game isn't even that good, voice acting is extremely average, graphics are dark and murky, animations are really weird and most of all the game is just plain creepy! I kinda like it, but the game is hard and requires lots of trial and error. Although I find nothing particularly wrong with creepy games, really. And the game certainly doesn't have a happy ending.

What's your pick? I find it hard to believe something can top this... but prove me wrong!

HummaKavula

That sounds like a futuristic Saw.

PlayBox39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PlayBox39
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts
The Suffering and Max Payne.
Memberino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Memberino
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
The game the OP posted sounds so bizarre. Anyway, I'll go for Manhunt, I fear for the sanity of anyone who would buy that piece of sick junk.
danny_dm_moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 danny_dm_moore
Member since 2004 • 298 Posts
Most disturbing for me has to be F.E.A.R just seeing a slight image of a little girls shadow walking through a bunch of corpses is pretty disturbing. and those dam invisible ninjas...
JackSherbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JackSherbak
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts
Super Columbine Massacre RPG is pretty twisted... Oh and its free :P http://www.columbinegame.com/
Destruction15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Destruction15
Member since 2003 • 2664 Posts

I'll echo the pro-Manhunt choice. The most disturbing part of the game is how interactive it is; you, the player, are dictating how gruesome each murder is, and the most horrendous and unsettling part is, at a certain point throughout the duration of the game, you become so desensitized to the violence that wrapping a plastic bag over someone's head and caving in their skull with a baseball bat until the bag is swimming with blood is just another animation to you.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

Well.....Max Payne disturbed me a little bit when you go into the cult areas but that was before I got de-sensitizedToriko42

same here I think Max Payne was my first actual glimpse of disturbing horror

its not a sick or twisted game but some of the characters were ..

I don't know how I got that past my parents at 12 ..

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The most disturbing, sick, twisted game?HummaKavula

Madden 2005.

Other than that:

- Clock Tower on the SNES

- The White Chamber, a freeware point and click adventure
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

This game right here really freaked me out

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/sanitarium/index.html?tag=result;title;0

SANITARIUM

_Bear

Now that was pretty amazing. Not so much disturbing, more like messed up.

Avatar image for lordoflawnnomes
lordoflawnnomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lordoflawnnomes
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
Surprisingly on the most family freindly Console GC Eternal darkness because it messed with your mind
Trooperdx3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Trooperdx3117
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
F.E.A.R. I thought was pretty disturbing it always seemed to mess with my mind not knowing what I was seeing was real or was it an apparition, I also found that bit in the Armacham building where you find a room and there is a few skeletons in it and the floor, walls and ceiling are covered in blood.
FleshTone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FleshTone
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts
I'd have to go with Phantasmagoria. Your character is an actual actress (it used live footage) and her husband eventually turns into a demon. She can die in any of about 40 ways throughout the game but the best is when he straps her to a chair that sits inside something vaguely guillotine-like but with an axe blade that swings straight down in an arc (cleaving her face in two). The game was laugh-out-loud grotesque at times. You pretty much needed to shower after playing it.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

That's awesome that the OP made this thread to pimp I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, as that's the title that instantly came to mind when I read the subject line but never would have guessed it to be the subject of the first post.

Yes, it gets my vote as well. Very haunting, and I agree it's not even a particularly good adventure game by any means. But it was unique and certainly memorable enough to stick with me for this long, it had to have done something right. At the very least it's perfectly described as disturbing, sick, and twisted.

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
Probably Resident Evil 4. I've gotten used to the violence though.
veryhoudini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 veryhoudini
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
None of these games are really that messed up, or twisted but most of them you've listed are really good games. I love the condemed series, the silent hills, R.E. and manhunt 1. But looking into sick games, the sickets one i found was Rapelay. You may have heard of it but playing this **** made me feel really uncomfortable, and its really like a Hentai Game. You stalk three girls total, one at a time and each girl has two parts. The first part you pretty much molest the girl in a bus or alley way or something and after your progression bar fills you get into part 2 which is actually rapeing the girl. Playing this **** made me hate the world and everyone living on it for a day. Especially me for playing this garbage.
veryhoudini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 veryhoudini
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
to me violence isnt very disturbing anymore. we've played enough violent games to not even feel anything. im pretty excited about max payne 3 and the graphic way the gun shots look. a bullet hitting someones throat and it just explodes with blood. pretty sweet and very sick if you ask me. when max payne 1 came out i was pretty disturbed by the dead baby part and the 'twin peaks' style dream. that series is def worth mentioning for being a bit disturbing but also for just being great games.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
The first/second SH games. God they were scary. And Dead Space 2 was pretty sick...especially one part that involved a machine >.>
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

...And no one even THINKS of Grand Theft Auto.

jimbob1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jimbob1991
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

...And no one even THINKS of Grand Theft Auto.

TheBlackKnight3
I didn't because its not even close to being disturbing, and if you think it is you probably haven't played very many M rated video games. Look at this clip from Twisted Metal Black. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svca8zt9kG4 Very messed up. In fact so was that entire game.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#44 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Yep, first one that popped into my head was Twisted Metal Black. That game is freaky.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts
  • Mortal Kombat
  • God of War
  • Doom
  • Dead Space
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Harvester comes to mind. Haven't played many games that give of the same twisted and disturbing vibe.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

You should see Resident Evil 4 when you hear the sound impacts. Even Gears of War has more realistic and distubing violence then Manhunt 2Toriko42
:lol::lol::lol:

synxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 synxz
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts
[QUOTE="Treflis"]Harvester comes to mind. Haven't played many games that give of the same twisted and disturbing vibe.

This..it's not gore or blood twisted, actually the game had plenty, gratuitous amount of that. What's really twisted is the way people act in the game, plus it's real people acting in front of a green screen. The worst had to be a kid boasting about ordering a sandwich and looking up the skirt of a grieving widows that...etc.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#49 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Silent Hill 1-3. The series has a pretty crappy reputation now thanks to how bad all the games after these were, but they still remain some of the more screwed up titles up there.

Although Custard's Revenge is the most disturbing one. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, everything else. Whatever, they're meant to be disturbing. Custard's Revenge is just... why does that even exist? That's what's disturbing about it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Who bumped a 2008 thread?